Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's Left? 12:53 - Jun 19 with 6114 viewsSwan91

Ok so we have signed both Ayew and Tabanou

We have also improved our backroom staff with the addition of a ST coach and GK coach.

We are currently in the process of buying the GK Nordfeldt(or whatever his name is) so if we sign him our squad looks relatively complete. What else is left?

For me I would like to see a young goalkeeper brought in as number 3. I still think Zabret has a few more seasons before he will get any look into the first squad.

If britton leaves then we would need to bring in a CM that can play that role and compete with cork(the defensive posession type CM). Unless monk feels that fulton will be able to do the job as second choice.

Also would like to see a young striker brought in to be 3rd choice ST.

So for me if we sign the hereevin GK I would like to see us making 2 more young signings and possibly 1 CDM type signing and. that's it (Aslong as we keep all our players).

What do you guys think??
What's Left? on 11:37 - Jun 20 with 1722 viewssomersetsimon

At the risk of sounding overconfident, it's difficult to see a weakness in our first choice XI (whether we go with 2 wingers or a diamond). I'm looking forward to the start of the season!
What's Left? on 12:20 - Jun 20 with 1663 viewshobo

What's Left? on 10:28 - Jun 20 by csf

Were they not in League 2 from the end of the 2010/11 season to the end of the the 2014/15 season?? And he's played for the last two?? Therefore a league 2 goalkeeper surely??

They are in League 1 now, so he's a league 1 goalkeeper.

It's a good thing Man City didn't listen to these types of comments when signing Joe Hart!
What's Left? on 12:25 - Jun 20 with 1655 viewsFar_Post

What's Left? on 11:37 - Jun 20 by somersetsimon

At the risk of sounding overconfident, it's difficult to see a weakness in our first choice XI (whether we go with 2 wingers or a diamond). I'm looking forward to the start of the season!

Agreed, our first 11 is looking strong. We also have good cover all over the park apart from In goal and up front.

We strengthen those two areas and keep hold of the rest of the squad and we have every right to be confident.

Blog: The C Word

What's Left? on 12:36 - Jun 20 with 1634 viewsdameedna

Assuming nobody leaves other than one midfiellder out of Leon and Ki
Olivera comes back and signs
Then we play a waiting game for a striker of age 23

That's it
Looks like we will not get our No.1 target which is normal
What's Left? on 13:32 - Jun 20 with 1596 viewsDull1Thomas

What's Left? on 11:37 - Jun 20 by somersetsimon

Keeping the players will be as good as signing new in many areas but we are in a weak trading position as far as a goalkeeper is concerned. Not sure why both Cornell and Tremmel were given the long clearance before bringing someone in. (I get the dates bit but couldn't we have agreed transfer ahead of the schedule?)
I think I am right that we have Fab and under 21s.

The great unknown about our improved squad is have we improved more than other teams? So I agree with Huw Jenkins when he said standing still can be a sign of improvement.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

What's Left? on 14:04 - Jun 20 with 1563 viewsskippyjack

Giampaolo Pazzini is on a free

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

What's Left? on 15:14 - Jun 20 with 1516 viewsPozuelosSideys

Would personally like to see us bring in a young, tricky playmaker sort of player. We have Gylfi to play in the 10 role, Shelvey can play there as well, but sometimes we needed somebody who could thread neat little passes around between defenders. Doesnt have to be a regular, but a prospect we can develop in the role

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

What's Left? on 15:26 - Jun 20 with 1494 viewsraynor94

What's Left? on 15:14 - Jun 20 by PozuelosSideys

Would personally like to see us bring in a young, tricky playmaker sort of player. We have Gylfi to play in the 10 role, Shelvey can play there as well, but sometimes we needed somebody who could thread neat little passes around between defenders. Doesnt have to be a regular, but a prospect we can develop in the role

We have one in Grimes

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

What's Left? on 15:29 - Jun 20 with 1489 viewsPozuelosSideys

What's Left? on 15:26 - Jun 20 by raynor94

We have one in Grimes

Yeh, but Grimes is more a CM for me, should be vying with Ki for his role.

I had a Pozuelo type player in mind, but perhaps hes a bad example.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

What's Left? on 16:52 - Jun 20 with 1447 viewsDull1Thomas

What's Left? on 15:29 - Jun 20 by PozuelosSideys

Yeh, but Grimes is more a CM for me, should be vying with Ki for his role.

I had a Pozuelo type player in mind, but perhaps hes a bad example.

Poz was another young player who blew hot and cold - on his day he seemed to skip through very tight defences but he always promised more than he delivered.
Played his part.
Perhaps an indication of where we were at that time - a decent squad player.

Another day another name on 14:55 - Jun 21 with 1335 viewsDull1Thomas

Miller Bolanos

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/20/report-swansea-city-and-west-ham-want-

Ecuadorian with a good scoring record and reasonable price.

I rate this as a better possibility than £11million for the Watford striker.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2015 14:58]

Another day another name on 23:17 - Jun 21 with 1202 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Another day another name on 14:55 - Jun 21 by Dull1Thomas

Miller Bolanos

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/20/report-swansea-city-and-west-ham-want-

Ecuadorian with a good scoring record and reasonable price.

I rate this as a better possibility than £11million for the Watford striker.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2015 14:58]

Watched him play with Montero on Friday. He looked good.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

What's Left? on 14:29 - Jun 23 with 1121 viewsSwaneeRiver

Back up GK signed
Just a back up striker to go IMO
What's Left? on 17:08 - Jun 23 with 1056 viewsSwan91

What's Left? on 14:29 - Jun 23 by SwaneeRiver

Back up GK signed
Just a back up striker to go IMO

Not sure really. We still need a young 3rd choice goalkeeper (hopefully will be Lara from barca).

And if britton leaves we should get someone to compete with cork as the CDM type player. And then 1 more striker.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024