Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oliver McBurnie 16:51 - Jul 13 with 10729 viewssnork44

Being reported on SSN that we are close to signing Scottish U19 striker Oliver McBurnie.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Oliver McBurnie on 20:52 - Jul 14 with 2626 viewsmonmouth

Oliver McBurnie on 22:09 - Jul 13 by ScoobyWho

He obviously has some potential, we have to trust the board, but 15 games for Bradford, and he hasnt scored a goal.

Striker ?

Sounds like he ticks every box in our usual back up striker spec.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Oliver McBurnie on 20:56 - Jul 14 with 2617 viewsNeath_Jack

Oliver McBurnie on 20:52 - Jul 14 by monmouth

Sounds like he ticks every box in our usual back up striker spec.

He hasn't been bought as a back up striker surely. I'd imagine he's just an u21 player who may develop into a first team player. Or he may not.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Oliver McBurnie on 21:10 - Jul 14 with 2576 viewsWarwickHunt

Oliver McBurnie on 20:56 - Jul 14 by Neath_Jack

He hasn't been bought as a back up striker surely. I'd imagine he's just an u21 player who may develop into a first team player. Or he may not.

Yep - nowhere near at the moment.

He looks about 12 and there's more meat on an Iceland spare rib....
Oliver McBurnie on 12:31 - Jul 20 with 2464 viewsWxmJax

Chester fan said he was big and awkward to play against, they were hoping he'd be there again this year

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Oliver McBurnie on 13:20 - Jul 20 with 2338 viewsperchrockjack

Iceland?

fook off

When was the last time you were in one of those stores with all those overtattoed fat birds in pyjamas .

Ive been in a WAITROSE too

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Oliver McBurnie on 23:03 - Jul 20 with 2045 viewsKilkennyjack

Oliver McBurnie on 10:08 - Jul 14 by Chief

Signing an 18yr old wanted by other prem clubs for 250k was definitely worth the risk. No one knew at the time that he enjoyed posing naked for photos and moaning about having no WIFI more than he playing football back then. Of course it was worth the risk.

Our youth set up was pretty poor at the time - at least compared with today - so does all the blame for Rory's failure to progress fall on the player himself ? So basically - had he gone to one of the other interested clubs would he have been able to be more focused and maybe make more progress ? I guess we will never know.

I just don't think our club got value for its money with Rory. It should not really be seen as a gamble - but more of a targeted investment where a return is expected. That mindset allows you to learn from the investments - like this - that go belly up.

Beware of the Risen People

Oliver McBurnie on 00:56 - Jul 21 with 1979 viewsScoobyWho

Oliver McBurnie on 23:03 - Jul 20 by Kilkennyjack

Our youth set up was pretty poor at the time - at least compared with today - so does all the blame for Rory's failure to progress fall on the player himself ? So basically - had he gone to one of the other interested clubs would he have been able to be more focused and maybe make more progress ? I guess we will never know.

I just don't think our club got value for its money with Rory. It should not really be seen as a gamble - but more of a targeted investment where a return is expected. That mindset allows you to learn from the investments - like this - that go belly up.

The return could be financial, as it may be with Kenji. Lets be honest, even if Kenji doesn't make it at Swansea, like Jazz we could bag nigh on a million for him in a transfer, probably more, same as this lad.

No brainer. Selling players off as a premier league club to the football league is a moneymaker in itself.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Oliver McBurnie on 06:55 - Jul 21 with 1915 viewsKilkennyjack

Oliver McBurnie on 00:56 - Jul 21 by ScoobyWho

The return could be financial, as it may be with Kenji. Lets be honest, even if Kenji doesn't make it at Swansea, like Jazz we could bag nigh on a million for him in a transfer, probably more, same as this lad.

No brainer. Selling players off as a premier league club to the football league is a moneymaker in itself.

We got nothing for Rory. Almost every non first team level player who leaves, leaves for nothing. Think recently - Tancock, loveridge, cornell, march, obeng, and others who were bought in at u21 level. The only exception i think was Gwion to date.

Hopefully we get to the model you suggest, but certainly has not happened to date.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Oliver McBurnie on 07:10 - Jul 21 with 1903 viewswaynekerr55

Oliver McBurnie on 13:20 - Jul 20 by perchrockjack

Iceland?

fook off

When was the last time you were in one of those stores with all those overtattoed fat birds in pyjamas .

Ive been in a WAITROSE too

Did you get your free COFFEE when you were there?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Oliver McBurnie on 07:49 - Jul 21 with 1873 viewsDr_Winston

Oliver McBurnie on 23:03 - Jul 20 by Kilkennyjack

Bit of both. He's obviously got a bit of an attitude on him, but equally the lack of opportunities he got compared to the shite that was Vasquez and Shechter didn't help him either.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024