Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
pub meet on friday in wycombe 12:03 - Jul 20 with 2776 viewstalljack

anyone had any thoughts where to meet up on friday before game?
pub meet on friday in wycombe on 12:12 - Jul 20 with 2763 viewscsf

Finally, a thread where I have actuall knowledge
pub meet on friday in wycombe on 17:44 - Jul 20 with 2656 viewsbathgatejack

pub meet on friday in wycombe on 12:12 - Jul 20 by csf

Finally, a thread where I have actuall knowledge

thres a wetherspoons called the william robert loosley on oxford street 3 of us be there for it opening. what time do you get there bud.2 spaces in the car from wycombe to notts the next day
pub meet on friday in wycombe on 20:57 - Jul 20 with 2564 viewscsf

pub meet on friday in wycombe on 17:44 - Jul 20 by bathgatejack

thres a wetherspoons called the william robert loosley on oxford street 3 of us be there for it opening. what time do you get there bud.2 spaces in the car from wycombe to notts the next day

Im not going home for this one, reading aren't an attractive prospect for the long trip from swansea for me.

But you can get more from a day in wycombe than staying in that place, especially if youre gonna be there all day.
pub meet on friday in wycombe on 13:51 - Jul 21 with 2458 viewsGlyn1

pub meet on friday in wycombe on 20:57 - Jul 20 by csf

Im not going home for this one, reading aren't an attractive prospect for the long trip from swansea for me.

But you can get more from a day in wycombe than staying in that place, especially if youre gonna be there all day.

You're being very uninformative csf, please help us out with your local knowledge what do you think of these from recent Good Beer Guides:

BELLE VUE, Gordon Rd HP13 6EQ. Close to the train station but on the other side of the track which you reach via an underpass. Regular live music (including Fridays?).

HALF MOON, 103 Dashwood Avenue, HP12 3DZ. Edge of town. 4 screens showing Sky, Friday night karaoke.

WILLIAM ROBERT LOOSLEY, 120 Oxford St, HP11 2DN. Near the bus station. Real ale pub apparently.

BOOTLEGGER, 3 Amersham Hill, HP13 6NQ. near the railway station. http://www.thebootleggerpub.co.uk/contact-us.html Seems to be linked to THE SAUSAGE TREE, Saffron Road, HP13 6AB which is a pub/restaurant with accommodation: http://www.sausagetreepub.co.uk/contact-us.html

The Wetherspoons pub is THE FALCON, 9 Cornmarket, HP11 2AX

CSF - Any thoughts? How would you rate them?

PS Bad news, apparently the Chair Museum has recently closed down, which is a pity, I was looking forward to visiting that.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2015 14:21]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

pub meet on friday in wycombe on 15:06 - Jul 21 with 2417 viewscsf

pub meet on friday in wycombe on 13:51 - Jul 21 by Glyn1

You're being very uninformative csf, please help us out with your local knowledge what do you think of these from recent Good Beer Guides:

BELLE VUE, Gordon Rd HP13 6EQ. Close to the train station but on the other side of the track which you reach via an underpass. Regular live music (including Fridays?).

HALF MOON, 103 Dashwood Avenue, HP12 3DZ. Edge of town. 4 screens showing Sky, Friday night karaoke.

WILLIAM ROBERT LOOSLEY, 120 Oxford St, HP11 2DN. Near the bus station. Real ale pub apparently.

BOOTLEGGER, 3 Amersham Hill, HP13 6NQ. near the railway station. http://www.thebootleggerpub.co.uk/contact-us.html Seems to be linked to THE SAUSAGE TREE, Saffron Road, HP13 6AB which is a pub/restaurant with accommodation: http://www.sausagetreepub.co.uk/contact-us.html

The Wetherspoons pub is THE FALCON, 9 Cornmarket, HP11 2AX

CSF - Any thoughts? How would you rate them?

PS Bad news, apparently the Chair Museum has recently closed down, which is a pity, I was looking forward to visiting that.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2015 14:21]

Belle Vue: Good rep, been in their a few times, decent pub got friends who work in the offices round there who swear by the place

Half Moon: Rough area, but from recent photos I've seen looks a lively place, if you're heading in from wycombe town it's on the way so if you want a pub crawl is a good stop before the Hourglass

W R L, wasn't there i my day (moved to Swansea in 2006) used to be the Hogshead, heard good things though

Bootlegger: Heard very good things about this place, last I heard it was jus bottled beer and I'm checking it out but apparently no football shirts, watch this space I'll come back with more info

Sausage Tree: THE WHAT????? Never heard of it, have asked some sources

The Falcon: Any night in Wycombe starts at the Falcon. Cheap beer half decent atmsphere, if you're there in the day it's full of creatures.

Can't believe that about the chair museum, Wycombe only has three points of interest, 1. The mighty Wycombe Wanderers
2. It's chair history
3. It's where James COrden is from

So what they're going to do now 2 is gone I don't know
pub meet on friday in wycombe on 15:11 - Jul 21 with 2413 viewsjackportis

pub meet on friday in wycombe on 15:06 - Jul 21 by csf

Belle Vue: Good rep, been in their a few times, decent pub got friends who work in the offices round there who swear by the place

Half Moon: Rough area, but from recent photos I've seen looks a lively place, if you're heading in from wycombe town it's on the way so if you want a pub crawl is a good stop before the Hourglass

W R L, wasn't there i my day (moved to Swansea in 2006) used to be the Hogshead, heard good things though

Bootlegger: Heard very good things about this place, last I heard it was jus bottled beer and I'm checking it out but apparently no football shirts, watch this space I'll come back with more info

The Falcon: Any night in Wycombe starts at the Falcon. Cheap beer half decent atmsphere, if you're there in the day it's full of creatures.

Can't believe that about the chair museum, Wycombe only has three points of interest, 1. The mighty Wycombe Wanderers
2. It's chair history

So basically all good. Perhaps you should advise where to avoid. The sausage tree sounds dubious. The staff are known as sausage jockeys and I believe clarkson has been banned this week.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

pub meet on friday in wycombe on 15:16 - Jul 21 with 2405 viewsGlyn1

pub meet on friday in wycombe on 15:06 - Jul 21 by csf

2. It's chair history

Thanks! So you became a Swans supporter when you moved here in 2006?

pub meet on friday in wycombe on 17:13 - Jul 21 with 2353 viewscsf

pub meet on friday in wycombe on 15:16 - Jul 21 by Glyn1

Thanks! So you became a Swans supporter when you moved here in 2006?

Not quite!! Met a guy from Swansea who had ome to Uni in Wycombe. Became good mates and he moved back here in 1998 after he got married. Stayed in touch and visited 3-4 times a year from '98, if he was going down the Vetch I would go with him, think the first match I saw was vs Hartlepool at the Vetch. Would often try to catch Swansea at AP and came down for an epic 2-2 draw when we were on the slide and you guys were on the up, that was my first visit to the Vetch as an away fan, definitely preferred the North Bank!!

Came to Uni in 2006, got married down here love the place and don't intend on going aywhere. Got a season ticket and the rest is history etc etc. Love the Swans, but whenever the Mighty Blues come down (just the once) I'm in the away end with the other 4.
Login to get fewer ads

pub meet on friday in wycombe on 17:55 - Jul 21 with 2329 viewscsf

Sausage Tree is more of a food pub apparently. Bootlegger is definitely no football shirts.

Normal route to the ground if on foot and arriving at teh train station is:

Any pubs in town, Antelope, Falcon, O'Neills,

then that Loosely one

Down West Wycombe Road to the White Horse (look it up on youtube NSFW)

Hourglass

Then AP

And thats Wycombe town to Adams Park
pub meet on friday in wycombe on 18:31 - Jul 21 with 2308 viewsbathgatejack

pub meet on friday in wycombe on 17:55 - Jul 21 by csf

Sausage Tree is more of a food pub apparently. Bootlegger is definitely no football shirts.

Normal route to the ground if on foot and arriving at teh train station is:

Any pubs in town, Antelope, Falcon, O'Neills,

then that Loosely one

Down West Wycombe Road to the White Horse (look it up on youtube NSFW)

Hourglass

Then AP

And thats Wycombe town to Adams Park

might do a wee pub crawl .will arrive from a long drive fae edinburgh about 9-10 park at the hotel then right on it
pub meet on friday in wycombe on 20:19 - Jul 21 with 2261 viewscsf

pub meet on friday in wycombe on 18:31 - Jul 21 by bathgatejack

might do a wee pub crawl .will arrive from a long drive fae edinburgh about 9-10 park at the hotel then right on it

Which hotel? Cos with the amount of time you've got there's a decent crawl depending where you are
pub meet on friday in wycombe on 22:10 - Jul 21 with 2202 viewsbathgatejack

pub meet on friday in wycombe on 20:19 - Jul 21 by csf

Which hotel? Cos with the amount of time you've got there's a decent crawl depending where you are

buckingham hotel 156 west wycombe road.
pub meet on friday in wycombe on 12:23 - Jul 24 with 2029 viewsGlyn1

I just phoned the Hour Glass pub which is the nearest one to the ground, and they confirmed that away fans are welcome. In this case, both Reading and Swans fans.

The Hour Glass, 144 Chapel Lane, High Wycombe HP12 4BY

The very friendly landlord said that a taxi from the station should cost about £5 but some of the taxis have got a bad rep for overcharging.

The White Horse mentioned above is a striptrease bar, by the way.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2015 12:44]

pub meet on friday in wycombe on 12:44 - Jul 24 with 2002 viewsbathgatejack

pub meet on friday in wycombe on 12:23 - Jul 24 by Glyn1

I just phoned the Hour Glass pub which is the nearest one to the ground, and they confirmed that away fans are welcome. In this case, both Reading and Swans fans.

The Hour Glass, 144 Chapel Lane, High Wycombe HP12 4BY

The very friendly landlord said that a taxi from the station should cost about £5 but some of the taxis have got a bad rep for overcharging.

The White Horse mentioned above is a striptrease bar, by the way.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2015 12:44]

We're are u bud.3 in Wetherspoons. 07581155634
pub meet on friday in wycombe on 13:27 - Jul 24 with 1966 viewsGlyn1

Myself, I won't get there until this evening. What's the weather like?

pub meet on friday in wycombe on 13:48 - Jul 24 with 1942 viewsbathgatejack

pub meet on friday in wycombe on 13:27 - Jul 24 by Glyn1

Myself, I won't get there until this evening. What's the weather like?

Pish
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024