Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chester £8m 12:13 - Jul 28 with 2358 viewsshandyjack

West Brom and transfer fees in general have gone mad

Poll: Expectation for the season

Chester £8m on 12:24 - Jul 28 with 2305 viewsMattG

He's an international centre half with Premier League experience.

OK, he's not Fede Fernandez but I'm not sure £8m is that bad a deal, to be honest.
Chester £8m on 12:25 - Jul 28 with 2305 viewsRyan

Hes a quality player but yeah 8m is a bit excessive. Good for Wales though, need all our players in the top leagues.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2015 12:25]

Loughor Jack
Poll: Who was better in their first season?

Chester £8m on 12:44 - Jul 28 with 2240 viewsJBT95

Chester £8m on 12:24 - Jul 28 by MattG

OK, he's not Fede Fernandez but I'm not sure £8m is that bad a deal, to be honest.

F8ck me man. He is a quality player. We defo would have bought him if it was now this time last year.
Chester £8m on 12:49 - Jul 28 with 2217 viewsMattG

Chester £8m on 12:44 - Jul 28 by JBT95

F8ck me man. He is a quality player. We defo would have bought him if it was now this time last year.

I agree. I think Fede is a better player and was the same price, hence my comparison, but that doesn't make Chester a bad player by any stretch.
Chester £8m on 13:06 - Jul 28 with 2160 viewsJackSomething

The only way it's an inflated price is when you take into account he'll be out of contract next summer. Other than that, seems a reasonable fee considering he has Prem experience, has come through United's academy and has been playing well for the 10th best international team in the world.

We wouldn't have bought him this time last year though. Fede is a player with 31 caps for an international team far better than Wales, has Serie A experience (plus some La Liga) and has played in a World Cup where his country were runners-up.

Forgetting all that, he's just clearly a better player than Chester.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Chester £8m on 13:27 - Jul 28 with 2075 viewshobo

Chester £8m on 12:24 - Jul 28 by MattG

Jazz Richards is an international with PL experience...

500k if figures are to believed
Chester £8m on 13:38 - Jul 28 with 2032 viewsMattG

Chester £8m on 13:27 - Jul 28 by hobo

Jazz Richards is an international with PL experience...

500k if figures are to believed

And which would you say is nearer the correct price given the relative ability and experience of the two players?

Just because we sold Jazz on the cheap doesn't mean Chester is overpriced.
Chester £8m on 13:43 - Jul 28 with 2010 viewsJackSomething

Chester £8m on 13:38 - Jul 28 by MattG

And which would you say is nearer the correct price given the relative ability and experience of the two players?

Just because we sold Jazz on the cheap doesn't mean Chester is overpriced.

Agree with that.

On a side note, I'm guessing that Liam Shephard has done enough in training and at Yeovil to be promoted to third choice right back. Otherwise selling Jazz for such a piddling amount seems pointless, especially just after the most impressive performance of his career.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Chester £8m on 14:43 - Jul 28 with 1873 viewsrossshaw

Chester £8m on 13:43 - Jul 28 by JackSomething

Agree with that.

On a side note, I'm guessing that Liam Shephard has done enough in training and at Yeovil to be promoted to third choice right back. Otherwise selling Jazz for such a piddling amount seems pointless, especially just after the most impressive performance of his career.

He won their young player of the season at Yeovil. So yeah, Shepherd is very promising
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 13:51]

Trundle could still do a job..

Chester £8m on 14:54 - Jul 28 with 1838 viewsUxbridge

Are there any Welsh players you think an upper midtable outfit shouldn't sign?

He's alright. He's not in Fernandez's class though.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Chester £8m on 15:15 - Jul 28 with 1783 viewsDrGonzo

He's alright like.

Your commitment to all things Welsh football is admirable, if not a tad tiresome. You'll be advocating us signing Andy King next.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2015 15:19]
Chester £8m on 15:31 - Jul 28 with 1715 viewsjasper_T

Chester £8m on 14:43 - Jul 28 by rossshaw

He won their young player of the season at Yeovil. So yeah, Shepherd is very promising
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 13:51]

I'd honestly put him above Rangel if I was picking the team today (and he wasn't injured). Given a chance he can have the same impact as Ben Davies. Good professional lad and has bulked up enough over the last year to mix at senior level.

Chester on the other hand is a bit lightweight for a centre-half and gets a lot of protection in Wales' 3 at the back formation. I'd take him over Bartley cause he's less likely to play one-twos and sprint out of position, but he's nowhere near Fernandez' level.
Chester £8m on 15:53 - Jul 28 with 1654 viewsshandyjack

3-4m maximum, wouldn't have him near our squad

Poll: Expectation for the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024