Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many economic migrants.......... 01:08 - Sep 11 with 3256 viewsVinnie

..... sorry,refugees have the oil rich middle eastern countries of Bahrain,Kuwait,Oman,Qatar,the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia offered sanctuary too ?After all,the refugees seem to be predominately Muslim,like the above nations, so you would imagine that purely on the grounds of that, leave alone any other humanitarian considerations,that the offers of assistance and asylum would be flooding into the direction of the huge numbers of people who are now on the move.No,seriously you would.Anyway,the answer?None.Zero.Zip.Ruck all.The Saudi's though have found time to ban the arabic August edition of National Geographic.The reason?It features the Pope on the cover.In today's middle east and the turmoil that it is in,(I know it's always been in turmoil,it's what they do best,but we'll ignore that for a minute),it's refreshing to know that some things never really change.Oh,I forgot to add,as a citizen of the west,that "...it's all our fault."
How many economic migrants.......... on 01:24 - Sep 11 with 3248 viewsjackportis

God put us all on the planet. We are a responsible country and we need to support the immigrants. If the Middle Eastern lot dont want them its their loss. They are human beings including small kids and old folk.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

How many economic migrants.......... on 08:49 - Sep 11 with 3138 viewsNookiejack

You can take a look at it from viewpoint immediately attached which justifies peoples prejudices (note though in the article and not the headline that Saudi does apparently have 500,000 Syrians working in the Kingdom). Also 'There have also been significant contributions from rich individuals towards the upkeep of refugee camps round the Syrian border, estimated by the BBC to total around $900 million (£600 million).'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/saudi-arabia-offers-germany-200-m

What I found interesting is the comment 'But amid a history of competition between the Gulf states and Iranian-allied nations, there is a deep fear that allowing an influx of Syrian refugees could also let in Syrians loyal to Bashar al-Assad.'

If you think about it not really that different from the reasons we say to ourselves - for not wanting to let the refugees into Europe. Fears that our way of life will be undermined.

........Alternatively you can take a look at this all from a humanity perspective

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/refugee-crisis-thank-god-for-germ

Also what I found an interesting perspective in this article is:

'But now it turns out that the real test is based not on our supposedly belligerent nature, but on our own preaching and sermonising and proselytising. We had lectured the Muslim Arab dictatorships (whose criminal bosses we propped up with money and weapons and torture-training) on the need for human rights, equality and justice. But then, suddenly, from this very land-mass, came a benighted people in their hundreds of thousands — perhaps thousands of thousands — who decided that in their moment of agony, they would like to throw their lives into the hands of these beautiful people who had been teaching them for so many decades about the benefits of heaven on earth. This immensely wealthy paradise — a land of milk and honey in the most literal sense in any supermarket — had for years been talking of its promise and its human goodness, of its immensely high standards of law and justice. Now these people would like to have some of it.

And we — in this critical hour in the history of our continent, in the history of the EU, in the story of what was once called “Christendom” — we failed the Great Test. Our state-of-the-art nations did not want these wretched people. They became bloodsuckers, human mosquitoes, people-smugglers, a “swarm”. '
How many economic migrants.......... on 09:00 - Sep 11 with 3124 viewsperchrockjack

Fair post vin is and comments many would agree with.

You will, however , get pelters on here and will be seen as right wing, uncaring or just plain bad.

They might just as well seek refuge in Israel as the countries you list.

Refugees in Riyadh? Nah.

About tolerance innit and the west isnt, for some, tolerant enough

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

How many economic migrants.......... on 09:23 - Sep 11 with 3115 viewsWarwickHunt

How many economic migrants.......... on 01:24 - Sep 11 by jackportis

God put us all on the planet. We are a responsible country and we need to support the immigrants. If the Middle Eastern lot dont want them its their loss. They are human beings including small kids and old folk.

You lost me at God...
How many economic migrants.......... on 10:17 - Sep 11 with 3082 viewsdailew

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

How many economic migrants.......... on 11:20 - Sep 11 with 3046 viewsNookiejack

How many economic migrants.......... on 10:17 - Sep 11 by dailew

I think I am half way between Fisk's compassion above and the points this guy makes about Western politicians:

- not acting rationally and methodically by determining who are actual war refugees. (Noting don't know if this is possible and keep thinking Palestinian refugees are still in Lebanese camps. So would definitely be looking to migrate to the West if I was in a current Syrian's predicament - rather than stay in a refugee camp for years and years).

- continued intervention in the Middle East and destabilising secular regimes - who seemed to keep a lid on sectarian violence. (But for me this argument is still difficult as secular Baathist parties of Iraq under Sadaam and Syria under the Assad's - not pleasant/tyrannical regimes to say the least. Same for Libya under Gadaafi).
How many economic migrants.......... on 14:38 - Sep 11 with 3001 viewsperchrockjack

It's...not....my.....fault

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

How many economic migrants.......... on 14:50 - Sep 11 with 2998 viewsWarwickHunt

How many economic migrants.......... on 09:23 - Sep 11 by WarwickHunt

You lost me at God...

F*ck me - an up arrow from dailew.

Did you hit the wrong one?

*waits for down arrow*
[Post edited 11 Sep 2015 14:50]
Login to get fewer ads

How many economic migrants.......... on 15:36 - Sep 11 with 2969 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

They should put them all in Palestine & then let Israel bomb fack out of them .

That'll learn em eh .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024