Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big screen incident 13:42 - Oct 20 with 5000 viewsperchrockjack

Apparently human error was responsible for showing buck land tackle on ayes.

We re fully co operating with enquiry.

Ffs

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Big screen incident on 19:30 - Oct 20 with 1670 viewsGh0st

Big screen incident on 19:26 - Oct 20 by SwansNZ

The ref should watch the game not the screen then.

Big screen incident on 19:37 - Oct 20 with 1661 viewsLeonisGod

Big screen incident on 19:21 - Oct 20 by Gh0st

They don't show them for a reason.

For example if the ref has missed something or made a mistake and then sees it on the screen it could affect his decisions further on in the game.

Its not as simple as stadiums showing whatever they like.

It comes back to whether officials want to (and are allowed to) reach the correct decision. In rugby union they are encouraged to watch replays. This issue with Scotland in the rugby World Cup could have been avoided apparently, if only Joubert had taken his time and watched the replays (he wasn't able to go to the tmo). Several have said that was an option available to him.

But football hides from accountability. Mike them up, show replays, ask refs to justify decisions after a match. Why not? I'm sure most mistakes are genuine and there will be other cases when fans think there's been an injustice when there hasn't. Give refs a chance to put over their side. As it is, it's very much a wall of silence and them versus us culture, which is devisive and stirs up the crowd (ironically the thing they say they are trying to avoid by behaving in this draconian way).
Big screen incident on 19:56 - Oct 20 with 1640 viewsGh0st

Big screen incident on 19:37 - Oct 20 by LeonisGod

It comes back to whether officials want to (and are allowed to) reach the correct decision. In rugby union they are encouraged to watch replays. This issue with Scotland in the rugby World Cup could have been avoided apparently, if only Joubert had taken his time and watched the replays (he wasn't able to go to the tmo). Several have said that was an option available to him.

But football hides from accountability. Mike them up, show replays, ask refs to justify decisions after a match. Why not? I'm sure most mistakes are genuine and there will be other cases when fans think there's been an injustice when there hasn't. Give refs a chance to put over their side. As it is, it's very much a wall of silence and them versus us culture, which is devisive and stirs up the crowd (ironically the thing they say they are trying to avoid by behaving in this draconian way).

I don't watch rugby, I've seen a few games and I'd hate for football to go down the stop-start stop-start way of rugby.

You could swear that decision last night cost us the game.
Big screen incident on 20:00 - Oct 20 with 1631 viewsSwansNZ

Big screen incident on 19:56 - Oct 20 by Gh0st

I don't watch rugby, I've seen a few games and I'd hate for football to go down the stop-start stop-start way of rugby.

You could swear that decision last night cost us the game.

We lost the game because we were crap, but quite possibly their keeper should have been sent off, which “could” have changed the game.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Big screen incident on 20:19 - Oct 20 with 1615 viewsSkipTheJack

We can't have referees' incompetence highlighted on the big screen for all to see. That will never do!

Of course, the fact that the referee was embarrassed in front of the whole stadium is a MUCH bigger story than the fact we should have been playing against 10 men for over 70 minutes!

Hughes is a t**t!
Big screen incident on 20:25 - Oct 20 with 1606 viewsLeonisGod

Big screen incident on 20:19 - Oct 20 by SkipTheJack

We can't have referees' incompetence highlighted on the big screen for all to see. That will never do!

Of course, the fact that the referee was embarrassed in front of the whole stadium is a MUCH bigger story than the fact we should have been playing against 10 men for over 70 minutes!

Hughes is a t**t!

Do they not realise that x million Sky viewers realise the ref may have got it wrong? They're going to need a massive carpet to sweep this under.

I didn't live in Wales when Hughes played, so I never took much notice of him but do remember him being all elbows, niggles and whinges. Father in law hates him. And he's one of the most mellow men you'll ever meet. Doesn't seem like sparky has much love in Wales these days.
Big screen incident on 20:26 - Oct 20 with 1602 viewsNeathJack

Red card all day long. If not for violent conduct then for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity.
Big screen incident on 20:35 - Oct 20 with 1581 viewssomersetsimon

Big screen incident on 20:26 - Oct 20 by NeathJack

Red card all day long. If not for violent conduct then for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity.

Hadn't considered the goalscoring opportunity angle. Was anyone covering? If not, then any foul by Butland in that position would have been an automatic red card.
Login to get fewer ads

Big screen incident on 20:39 - Oct 20 with 1574 viewsNeathJack

Big screen incident on 20:35 - Oct 20 by somersetsimon

Hadn't considered the goalscoring opportunity angle. Was anyone covering? If not, then any foul by Butland in that position would have been an automatic red card.

One had got back to cover but that's not enough. If it was the last defender and just the keeper back then red card. Sane here only the other way around.
Big screen incident on 20:45 - Oct 20 with 1566 viewsjasper_T

Big screen incident on 19:37 - Oct 20 by LeonisGod

Stick mics on refs and Phil Dowd will only be allowed to work after the watershed.
Big screen incident on 09:44 - Oct 21 with 1387 viewsPlazex

Big screen incident on 20:45 - Oct 20 by jasper_T

Stick mics on refs and Phil Dowd will only be allowed to work after the watershed.

Saying about PD, has he got his Weight Watchers class on Saturdays now? Haven't seen him in the prem in ages.

Poll: Where will we finish?

Big screen incident on 09:47 - Oct 21 with 1382 viewsperchrockjack

Madley had a clear view of it.

Which is a concern .

Harder not to penalise

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Big screen incident on 11:29 - Oct 21 with 1350 viewsjackal

Hughes is annoyed because it showed his players for what they are. Cheating, diving, dirty ****s.
It also showed the referee to be the incompetent, biased **** that he was.
Big screen incident on 13:13 - Oct 21 with 1285 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

If the big screen showing of the incident displayed how inept the ref was, and how dirty stoke are, then this only serves to show how ridiculous the rules are in the premier league.

As frequently said on this site - F*ck em. And f*ck their fine!

Poll: Goal 2 - scored by who?

Big screen incident on 18:13 - Oct 21 with 1188 viewsHighjack

If the officials didn't get big decisions wrong so consistently then there would be no controversial incidents to show on the screen in the first place. They are made out to be infallible.

The ref who holds his hands up and admits he has made a mistake would be the most respected ref in the world.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Big screen incident on 18:21 - Oct 21 with 1131 viewsDewi1jack

Big screen incident on 09:44 - Oct 21 by Plazex

Saying about PD, has he got his Weight Watchers class on Saturdays now? Haven't seen him in the prem in ages.

Hasn't reffed a game since getting injured last year at West Brom

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/referees/profile.appointments.html/phil-dowd

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Big screen incident on 18:46 - Oct 21 with 1114 viewsblueytheblue

I thought the whole point of avoiding repaying controversial moments wasn't as some claim to protect refs mistakes but due to the fact football does tend to have some excitable fans... who rather than intellectualising and verbalising their thoughts about controversial issues devolve into Captain Caveman impersonators.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Big screen incident on 19:50 - Oct 21 with 1076 viewsGh0st

Big screen incident on 18:46 - Oct 21 by blueytheblue

I thought the whole point of avoiding repaying controversial moments wasn't as some claim to protect refs mistakes but due to the fact football does tend to have some excitable fans... who rather than intellectualising and verbalising their thoughts about controversial issues devolve into Captain Caveman impersonators.

As per this thread.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024