Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conspiracy ??? 22:46 - Nov 1 with 2973 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Heard this and thought I'd share it with you folks!

Apparently, Garry Monk was given his role as manager ultimately because he was a yes man. The good results came in which allowed the Swans to reach a good end of season result, and so it was thought investors would allow us a better foothold in the Premier League.

The thought of investors having a percentage of our club was roundly dismissed by supporters, and despite public statements by the club that only the right investor would be taken on board it still didn't go well. The talk that we can only survive with investment coming from the club was ignored - and our position in the table, along with our good results, meant there was reason to do so.

Which takes us up to present. At the same time we start to see and hear about investors again, our performance takes a nose-dive. Investors have been seen at our last game and we lose. We've lost a few recently, which may change the minds of many who did not want investors at our club. Shortly a statement will be made to once again announce that further talks are being made with potential investors to put money towards the club. This has all been discussed with Garry who in turn does not provide the best suited team positions and tactics.

Rumours surely...... but it does make you think.... doesn't it? Huw and co couldn't be capable of that.... could they?

Your views?

Poll: Goal 2 - scored by who?

Conspiracy ??? on 22:59 - Nov 1 with 2908 viewsmorningstar

You've missed the bit about Phil and the missing trust millions. Other than that, I reckon it's spot on. Well done!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Conspiracy ??? on 23:05 - Nov 1 with 2871 viewsPozuelosSideys

I stopped reading when i read the bit about Monk being a "yes man".

Biggest load of gash ive read for a while, what is being suggested in that rumour is that players, management and Board members are looking to throw games in a way which runs down the club. Clearly made up by somebody who hasnt got a clue about professional sport, nor business. They need to get back to gossing at the hairdressers over their blue rinse.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Conspiracy ??? on 23:12 - Nov 1 with 2835 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Conspiracy ??? on 23:05 - Nov 1 by PozuelosSideys

Biggest load of gash ive read for a while, what is being suggested in that rumour is that players, management and Board members are looking to throw games in a way which runs down the club. Clearly made up by somebody who hasnt got a clue about professional sport, nor business. They need to get back to gossing at the hairdressers over their blue rinse.

Yes, yes it's all gossip surely. But given the current state of affairs and our slip down the table, how many of the "no to investors" folks would have swayed now to "yes to investors" ?

Our 'Swansea-way' tactics and "fight it out, do-or-die" attitude appears to have become only a memory unless something is done now to fix things?

-discuss
[Post edited 1 Nov 2015 23:13]

Conspiracy ??? on 23:13 - Nov 1 with 2828 viewsmorningstar

Conspiracy ??? on 23:05 - Nov 1 by PozuelosSideys

But you didn't stop reading after the 'yes man' bit or you wouldn't have been able to give your opinion on the rest of the post would you?

Conspiracy ??? on 23:15 - Nov 1 with 2817 viewsPozuelosSideys

Conspiracy ??? on 23:13 - Nov 1 by morningstar

But you didn't stop reading after the 'yes man' bit or you wouldn't have been able to give your opinion on the rest of the post would you?

No, i got my Mrs to read it out to me, i was too busy fcking my eyes

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Conspiracy ??? on 23:17 - Nov 1 with 2803 viewsMillie

The thing is Garry would have nothing to do with shareholding and you say Huw and co, Huw maybe the chairman of the board but not the shareholders.
Conspiracy ??? on 23:17 - Nov 1 with 2803 viewsmorningstar

Conspiracy ??? on 23:12 - Nov 1 by EvenThisNameIsTaken

Yes, yes it's all gossip surely. But given the current state of affairs and our slip down the table, how many of the "no to investors" folks would have swayed now to "yes to investors" ?

Our 'Swansea-way' tactics and "fight it out, do-or-die" attitude appears to have become only a memory unless something is done now to fix things?

-discuss

You should run a poll. Q: How many people will say yes too investors that said no a year ago. It'll go down a bomb!

Conspiracy ??? on 23:22 - Nov 1 with 2781 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Conspiracy ??? on 23:17 - Nov 1 by morningstar

You should run a poll. Q: How many people will say yes too investors that said no a year ago. It'll go down a bomb!

That was already on my mind. So i've done one!!!

This will be interesting

Login to get fewer ads

Conspiracy ??? on 23:30 - Nov 1 with 2746 viewsicecoldjack

The X- files are starting next year mate.
Conspiracy ??? on 23:47 - Nov 1 with 2707 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Conspiracy ??? on 23:30 - Nov 1 by icecoldjack

The X- files are starting next year mate.

More than likely I won't be the only person to hear this rumour. Rumours inevitably start on an element of truth however, and it's interesting to see what people's views would be now based on our (temporary) slump whether investment is now an option for them?

Anyway - it's a discussion forum, so discuss away.

Conspiracy ??? on 23:53 - Nov 1 with 2686 viewsicecoldjack

Conspiracy ??? on 23:47 - Nov 1 by EvenThisNameIsTaken

More than likely I won't be the only person to hear this rumour. Rumours inevitably start on an element of truth however, and it's interesting to see what people's views would be now based on our (temporary) slump whether investment is now an option for them?

Anyway - it's a discussion forum, so discuss away.

Yeah I can see the logic but personally I think it's a load of bollocks.

that's me out of the debate.
Conspiracy ??? on 07:53 - Nov 2 with 2453 viewsPhil_S

Which game were the investors seen at and how do we recognise them as investors? Do they carry calculators with them or do they have spreadsheets in their hands or even a t-shirt/badge that says "potential investor"

The theory though appears to be that we are losing form so that people are more happy to accept outside investment.

I will blow a hole in the conspiracy theory straight away in that it would take months for any deal (if indeed there was one) to go through by which point if this conspiracy theory was true then we would be up the creek with no paddle and no investor would want to touch us anyway.

We have losta few games because in some we didn't play well, we played OK on Saturday but failed to take our chances, you don't need a conspiracy theory to answer that one.
Conspiracy ??? on 08:04 - Nov 2 with 2433 viewsDafyddHuw

Conspiracy ??? on 07:53 - Nov 2 by Phil_S

Which game were the investors seen at and how do we recognise them as investors? Do they carry calculators with them or do they have spreadsheets in their hands or even a t-shirt/badge that says "potential investor"

The theory though appears to be that we are losing form so that people are more happy to accept outside investment.

I will blow a hole in the conspiracy theory straight away in that it would take months for any deal (if indeed there was one) to go through by which point if this conspiracy theory was true then we would be up the creek with no paddle and no investor would want to touch us anyway.

We have losta few games because in some we didn't play well, we played OK on Saturday but failed to take our chances, you don't need a conspiracy theory to answer that one.

Innit. Some people should stick to watchiong their soaps.
Conspiracy ??? on 10:20 - Nov 2 with 2280 viewsjohnlangy

Conspiracy ??? on 23:12 - Nov 1 by EvenThisNameIsTaken

-discuss

So we had a bad run of 5 games (after a very good run of 5 games), we arrested the run with our first away win and then lost to an Arsenal team who were still good in spite of the injuries and this requires investment ?

Everyone I talked to after the Arsenal game said if we carry on playing like that we'll win more than we lose. Our next two games are against teams on much worse runs than ourselves. As usual the mood will completely change if we get 4 points from the next two games which, if we play as we did against Arsenal is quite likely and threads like this will disappear. And then resurface when we lose, probably, to Man City.

And all this based on a rumour never mind anything concrete. I don't see the point.
Conspiracy ??? on 10:23 - Nov 2 with 2269 viewslovejuicejack

Conspiracy ??? on 10:20 - Nov 2 by johnlangy

So we had a bad run of 5 games (after a very good run of 5 games), we arrested the run with our first away win and then lost to an Arsenal team who were still good in spite of the injuries and this requires investment ?

Everyone I talked to after the Arsenal game said if we carry on playing like that we'll win more than we lose. Our next two games are against teams on much worse runs than ourselves. As usual the mood will completely change if we get 4 points from the next two games which, if we play as we did against Arsenal is quite likely and threads like this will disappear. And then resurface when we lose, probably, to Man City.

And all this based on a rumour never mind anything concrete. I don't see the point.

Great theory but trouble is we won't play like we did against arsenal against the lesser teams fact.
Conspiracy ??? on 10:53 - Nov 2 with 2225 viewsPhil_S

Conspiracy ??? on 10:23 - Nov 2 by lovejuicejack

Great theory but trouble is we won't play like we did against arsenal against the lesser teams fact.

No, that's definitely an opinion not a fact as you are predicting the future
Conspiracy ??? on 11:04 - Nov 2 with 2203 viewsCooperman

Can you tell me specific games so that I can lump on?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Conspiracy ??? on 11:27 - Nov 2 with 2162 viewslovejuicejack

Conspiracy ??? on 10:53 - Nov 2 by Phil_S

No, that's definitely an opinion not a fact as you are predicting the future

Lol we'll see
Conspiracy ??? on 11:33 - Nov 2 with 2150 viewsPhil_S

Conspiracy ??? on 11:27 - Nov 2 by lovejuicejack

Lol we'll see

We will because that is the very nature of the future, we don't know what it holds

Still doesn't make your statement a fact though
Conspiracy ??? on 12:23 - Nov 2 with 2086 viewsHighjack

Is your name Biff? Can I borrow your almanac for a couple of weeks please?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Conspiracy ??? on 14:44 - Nov 2 with 1911 viewsjohnlangy

At this moment in time Newcastle are a lesser team than the Swans and we DID play like we did against Arsenal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024