Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colin Welland RIP 13:38 - Nov 3 with 2625 viewsSuddenLad

Great actor.

Who can forget his roles in the film Kes and PC 'Fancy' Smith in the long running series 'Z' Cars.

Thanks for the memories.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:02 - Nov 3 with 2597 viewsBraemar60

Colin Welland RIP on 14:54 - Nov 3 with 2545 viewsParkinsGimp

Sad loss RIP Colin and a Wire fan as well. Sorely missed.
Colin Welland RIP on 15:09 - Nov 3 with 2527 viewsdeeplishblue

My claim to fame was that I was actually in a documentry that Colin Welland did on the subject of rugby league. As part of the documentry he came to Thornham School and filmed us training.

It was shown a couple of times on Grandstand when the scheduled live sport was called off because of the weather.

Would love to see the documentry again but cannot find it on-line. Was recorded circa 1977 though.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Colin Welland RIP on 18:05 - Nov 3 with 2378 viewsBraemar60

Brian Blessed played Fancy Smith in Z Cars didn't he?
Colin Welland RIP on 18:38 - Nov 3 with 2334 viewsSuddenLad

Colin Welland RIP on 18:05 - Nov 3 by Braemar60

Brian Blessed played Fancy Smith in Z Cars didn't he?

Of course, Welland was his partner. Dave Graham..

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Colin Welland RIP on 21:02 - Nov 3 with 2267 viewsDiddyDave

Didn`t he write Chariots of Fire? An amazing film that scored him an unlikely Oscar.
Colin Welland RIP on 10:14 - Nov 4 with 2154 viewsParkinsGimp

Colin Welland RIP on 15:09 - Nov 3 by deeplishblue

My claim to fame was that I was actually in a documentry that Colin Welland did on the subject of rugby league. As part of the documentry he came to Thornham School and filmed us training.

It was shown a couple of times on Grandstand when the scheduled live sport was called off because of the weather.

Would love to see the documentry again but cannot find it on-line. Was recorded circa 1977 though.

Must of just missed that went to Baldy in 1977. Cant remember Starkie having us running round for the cameras, though he used to have us running round every blooming lunchtime , then in for dinner with just scraps of gruel left at the end..LOL not best way to build a team :-) happy days though.
Colin Welland RIP on 10:21 - Nov 4 with 2151 viewsTVOS1907

Colin Welland RIP on 14:54 - Nov 3 by ParkinsGimp

Sad loss RIP Colin and a Wire fan as well. Sorely missed.

Wire as in Warrington?

Which reminds me, whatever happened to WarrBlue?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Colin Welland RIP on 12:59 - Nov 4 with 2108 viewsParkinsGimp

Yeah always been my Rugby team, lived there for a few years but back in Dale now.
Colin Welland RIP on 13:45 - Nov 4 with 2074 viewsmingthemerciless

Colin Welland RIP on 10:14 - Nov 4 by ParkinsGimp

Must of just missed that went to Baldy in 1977. Cant remember Starkie having us running round for the cameras, though he used to have us running round every blooming lunchtime , then in for dinner with just scraps of gruel left at the end..LOL not best way to build a team :-) happy days though.

I still see Graham Starkey running around Cronkeyshaw Common. Although he must be 75 ish he doesn't look much older than when he turned out for Hornets.
Colin Welland RIP on 13:58 - Nov 4 with 2062 viewsdeeplishblue

Colin Welland RIP on 13:45 - Nov 4 by mingthemerciless

I still see Graham Starkey running around Cronkeyshaw Common. Although he must be 75 ish he doesn't look much older than when he turned out for Hornets.

wonder if he still has that size 12 plimpsol used for whacking.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 14:00]

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Colin Welland RIP on 20:13 - Nov 4 with 1995 viewsBobbyjoe

Purveyor (on Parkinson) of one of my favorite stories/jokes: Have to imagine him telling it with that conspiratorial grin. Yorkshireman's wife dies; he tells the stonemason she was very religious. would like on her headstone, "She was Thine". Goes to see it in the cemetery; reads, "She was Thin". Returns to stonemason, distressed, wails, "You've left the 'e' out!". Stonemason, very apologetic, says he'll rectify it. Yorkshireman visits revised headstone, "...Here lies etc etc... Ee She was Thin"!

RIP, Colin
Colin Welland RIP on 20:55 - Nov 4 with 1965 viewsArthurDaley

Colin Welland RIP on 21:02 - Nov 3 by DiddyDave

Didn`t he write Chariots of Fire? An amazing film that scored him an unlikely Oscar.

He sure did

He made a proud boast, the Brits are coming. We didn't win anything for years after.

A large VAT Dave

Colin Welland RIP on 21:52 - Nov 4 with 1948 viewsDiddyDave

Colin Welland RIP on 13:45 - Nov 4 by mingthemerciless

You should`ve shouted at him like they used to up at Hornets when he played on the wing,"Bloody tackle Starkey"!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024