Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) 17:38 - Nov 14 with 7092 viewsVetchitBack

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 17:41 - Nov 14 with 2902 viewsPrivate_Partz

Islam is a religion not and adult.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 17:44 - Nov 14 with 2894 viewsexiledclaseboy

When it gets a job, a mortgage or leaves home?

Poll: Tory leader

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 17:47 - Nov 14 with 2883 viewsPrivate_Partz

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 17:44 - Nov 14 by exiledclaseboy

When it gets a job, a mortgage or leaves home?

Three laughs! You are in the wrong job pal :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 17:55 - Nov 14 with 2849 viewsHighjack

It'll get treated like an adult when it acts like an adult.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 17:56 - Nov 14 with 2843 viewsVetchitBack

Whoa... really didn't expect humourous responses, didn't think it was a tad too soon no?

Probably easier to reply in that tone than discuss some unpalatable and uncomfortable truths?
[Post edited 14 Nov 2015 17:57]

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:01 - Nov 14 with 2808 viewsPrivate_Partz

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 17:56 - Nov 14 by VetchitBack

Whoa... really didn't expect humourous responses, didn't think it was a tad too soon no?

Probably easier to reply in that tone than discuss some unpalatable and uncomfortable truths?
[Post edited 14 Nov 2015 17:57]

Pop in a one liner header with no text and that is the response you get. It is a serious situation and I am happy to have a chat but a bit more effort on your behalf is needed.

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:02 - Nov 14 with 2799 viewsblueytheblue

For me, looking at the whole Sunny / Shia divide parallels Protestant / Catholic divisions. I'd say in terms of where Islam is compared to Christianity in terms of evolution, you're looking at possibly 200 years difference, possibly even more?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:06 - Nov 14 with 2779 viewsPrivate_Partz

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:02 - Nov 14 by blueytheblue

For me, looking at the whole Sunny / Shia divide parallels Protestant / Catholic divisions. I'd say in terms of where Islam is compared to Christianity in terms of evolution, you're looking at possibly 200 years difference, possibly even more?

Fair do's I did not know wtf he was on about.

Login to get fewer ads

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:08 - Nov 14 with 2773 viewsVetchitBack

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:01 - Nov 14 by Private_Partz

Pop in a one liner header with no text and that is the response you get. It is a serious situation and I am happy to have a chat but a bit more effort on your behalf is needed.

Ok let me patronise you and a few others which I didn't think was necessary but am being told it is.

When are Islam and Muslims going to be held account for their crimes? You know in the way that an adult is responsible for his or her actions but a child is not?
[Post edited 14 Nov 2015 18:10]

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:18 - Nov 14 with 2736 viewsbluenile

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:08 - Nov 14 by VetchitBack

Ok let me patronise you and a few others which I didn't think was necessary but am being told it is.

When are Islam and Muslims going to be held account for their crimes? You know in the way that an adult is responsible for his or her actions but a child is not?

Strange post.....................................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:20 - Nov 14 with 2729 viewsHighjack

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:08 - Nov 14 by VetchitBack

Because they aren't crimes of Islam any more than priests shagging their choirboys is crimes of Catholicism.

Are you suggesting all Muslims should be punished for the actions of a relatively small group of Muslims?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:22 - Nov 14 with 2716 viewsPrivate_Partz

Well I would say that Islam extremists are being held to account for their crimes when they are caught, been shot or blown themselves up. I hope these vile extremists get the full force of the law but they can only get that when we catch them.
You surely cannot be saying that every Muslim should be held to account for ISIS because their religion is Islam?

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:23 - Nov 14 with 2710 viewsperchrockjack

I love answer that

.no.

But it can only be Islam that stops it, because that is at the core.

Respect each other boys.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:28 - Nov 14 with 2702 viewsVetchitBack

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:20 - Nov 14 by Highjack

Because they aren't crimes of Islam any more than priests shagging their choirboys is crimes of Catholicism.

Are you suggesting all Muslims should be punished for the actions of a relatively small group of Muslims?

I'd prefer to believe the perpetrators who shout Aliahu Akbar than you on that one Highjack.

I don't believe I made any mention of punish.

But take some collective religious responsibility? Examine why their religion causes these acts? March, protest, attack their extreme elements like we do ours?

Absolutely.

This is their problem and they should seek to solve it internally before we are forced to address it externally in a way which could only be messy,

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:28 - Nov 14 with 2695 viewsPrivate_Partz

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:23 - Nov 14 by perchrockjack

I love answer that

.no.

But it can only be Islam that stops it, because that is at the core.

Respect each other boys.

No. Islam. / Muslims cannot stop it. They can help in their communities. There are lots of other things to come into play before this can be sorted. Btw Everyone is being nice on this thread .... So far.

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:28 - Nov 14 with 2694 viewsLeonisGod

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:02 - Nov 14 by blueytheblue

I thought Wahhabism is the problem impacting the west, not Suni / Shia divides. Wahhabism is underpins Al Queada and IS. Wahhabism is supported in Saudi Arabia and is essentially being legitimised by the West's failures to bring the Saudi's to account.
When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:32 - Nov 14 with 2675 viewsperchrockjack

I believe they can.

Look at other threads regarding respect.

It's an interpretation of Quran.

It would help if dying was not seen as a glorious objective.

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:34 - Nov 14 with 2672 viewsPrivate_Partz

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:28 - Nov 14 by VetchitBack

I'd prefer to believe the perpetrators who shout Aliahu Akbar than you on that one Highjack.

But take some collective religious responsibility? Examine why their religion causes these acts? March, protest, attack their extreme elements like we do ours?

Absolutely.

This is their problem and they should seek to solve it internally before we are forced to address it externally in a way which could only be messy,

Well we are addressing it externally so that ship has sailed. I agree though that Muslims / Islam have a part to play in this and it has to be dealt with at their religious meetings as well. I suspect we are leaders in the UK in this field and could even be a blueprint for others to follow. it isimportant that all the non radical Islamic leaders are on board on this.

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 08:20 - Nov 15 with 2523 viewsVetchitBack

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:34 - Nov 14 by Private_Partz

Well we are addressing it externally so that ship has sailed. I agree though that Muslims / Islam have a part to play in this and it has to be dealt with at their religious meetings as well. I suspect we are leaders in the UK in this field and could even be a blueprint for others to follow. it isimportant that all the non radical Islamic leaders are on board on this.

No clearly we aren't "dealing with it" at the moment.

I also meant in my O.P when is it gong to start being their fault (the terrorists not all Muslims) and nt the fault of Bush, Blair (who I despise by the way), the EDL etc etc...?

And to add another point how are so many of you sure "what the terrorists want"?

"We must not turn against each other because that is what the Terrorists want"

Maybe, just maybe they want Islam to take over the West. To play devil's advocate by NOT even in a small way rethinking our attitude to letting more and more Muslims into the West in the long-term considering the demographics we ARE giving the terrorists what they want.

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 09:41 - Nov 15 with 2463 viewsJackattack

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:20 - Nov 14 by Highjack

It is a often used example on here, but can I just point out that it is not only Catholic priests that are guilty of abusing children, or for that matter, only priests of whatever denomination. What about the police, teachers, family friends, family members etc guilty of such horrendous crimes?

As for recent events in Paris and elsewhere, where do we even start?? :-(
When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 10:15 - Nov 15 with 2438 viewsHighjack

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:28 - Nov 14 by VetchitBack

Absolutely.

And what percentage of the billions of Muslims on this planet shout that and blow themselves up?

Probably less than 0.0000000000001%. They cannot possibly represent an entire people.

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 10:21 - Nov 15 with 2427 viewsperchrockjack

Not sure why you want to compare with other religions highjack.

This is a unique Islam issue.

Not sure Christianity has had adherents that would want to act on this scale. Not for many centuries anyway and that s the rub. This is medieval evil

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 10:24 - Nov 15 with 2420 viewsblueytheblue

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 18:28 - Nov 14 by LeonisGod

I thought Wahhabism is the problem impacting the west, not Suni / Shia divides. Wahhabism is underpins Al Queada and IS. Wahhabism is supported in Saudi Arabia and is essentially being legitimised by the West's failures to bring the Saudi's to account.

Agreed with regards to ISIL; I was just comparing factions within Islam with factions within Christianity to show the relative state of evolution of Islam at the moment.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 10:28 - Nov 15 with 2414 viewsHighjack

i havent compared anything. Just pointing out that the actions of a small group of individuals shouldn't tar billions of people and used the catholic kiddy shagging as an example.

I could have used non religion examples such as making all football fans apologise for the corruption in Fifa etc.

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 10:31 - Nov 15 with 2410 viewsPrivate_Partz

When are we going to be allowed to start treating Islam like an adult? (n/t) on 08:20 - Nov 15 by VetchitBack

No clearly we aren't "dealing with it" at the moment.

I also meant in my O.P when is it gong to start being their fault (the terrorists not all Muslims) and nt the fault of Bush, Blair (who I despise by the way), the EDL etc etc...?

And to add another point how are so many of you sure "what the terrorists want"?

"We must not turn against each other because that is what the Terrorists want"

Maybe, just maybe they want Islam to take over the West. To play devil's advocate by NOT even in a small way rethinking our attitude to letting more and more Muslims into the West in the long-term considering the demographics we ARE giving the terrorists what they want.

So you think Middle East ground forces plus air strikes by Russia, America and France is not dealing with it externally? Most observers say that ISIS are losing considerable ground in their so called state.
If you plant a bomb or shoot an innocent person then you are guilty end of. It does not mean that the West's foreign policy has not created the vacuum for these mad people to thrive in. In short we have created more problems than we have solved. Iraq, Syria, Lybia, Afgahnistan etc are examples.
It is what the terrorists want. They want to create a division and bring on board every Muslim so a holy war can take place against the values of the modern world. Hatred of Islam in general and peace loving Muslems in particular is a good way to start for them.
Closing boarders to Muslims, which I think that is what you are suggesting, will only cause massive deaths as those return to war torn countries or die outside fences created by those countries banning them.
We have to sort out the root causes first and witch hunts will not do that. In fact I would say such actions would make those poor people ripe for ISIS recruitment.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2015 10:36]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024