Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will we invest gross or net proceeds in new players ? 13:15 - Jan 12 with 1723 viewsawayjack

Well done to the Board if we get 18-20m for Shelvey / Gomis. Lots of speculation on who we may bring in if Shelvey / Gomis but does anyone have any insights into how much we're looking to reinvest this window ?

1. Spend Like for like - spend the 18m on new players
2. Spend Profit - spend £13m net profit - less 2m ( of 5m ) paid for Shelvey and 3m pay off to gomis
3. Bank it. Loan only. Use the freed up wages to bring in some loans.
Will we invest gross or net proceeds in new players ? on 13:25 - Jan 12 with 1676 viewstylagarwjack

I just pray that, however, they do it, we end up with a stronger squad at the end of the window.

Yes Gomis & JJS have their issues, workrate/attitude not least, but unless we replace them with better quality than we're losing, then, stating the obvious, but we are as good as down.

Our track record in terms of January transfer windows, particularly for attacking players (which is what we need most of all), is really bad, Gylfi on loan is the only forward thinking player that I can think of that has come in and made a difference in the second half of the season.

Whether they are the right players remains to be seen but Bournemouth have shown that players can be brought in in January, IF you're willing to spend the money, and comments from Curt such as "it's difficult in January" and "it's got to be the right player (financially aswell as ability / compatability wise presumably)" are enough to make me shudder!

The one thing we have got in our favour is that the board stand to lose huge money if we go down, affecting their personal wealth massively, and so hopefully, they'll be willing to roll the dice in a way they never have in January before, certainly with circa £20m of sales they'd have absolutely no excuse for not doing so. A huge few weeks ahead!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 13:27]
Will we invest gross or net proceeds in new players ? on 13:39 - Jan 12 with 1619 viewsvetchonian

Will we invest gross or net proceeds in new players ? on 13:25 - Jan 12 by tylagarwjack

I just pray that, however, they do it, we end up with a stronger squad at the end of the window.

Yes Gomis & JJS have their issues, workrate/attitude not least, but unless we replace them with better quality than we're losing, then, stating the obvious, but we are as good as down.

Our track record in terms of January transfer windows, particularly for attacking players (which is what we need most of all), is really bad, Gylfi on loan is the only forward thinking player that I can think of that has come in and made a difference in the second half of the season.

Whether they are the right players remains to be seen but Bournemouth have shown that players can be brought in in January, IF you're willing to spend the money, and comments from Curt such as "it's difficult in January" and "it's got to be the right player (financially aswell as ability / compatability wise presumably)" are enough to make me shudder!

The one thing we have got in our favour is that the board stand to lose huge money if we go down, affecting their personal wealth massively, and so hopefully, they'll be willing to roll the dice in a way they never have in January before, certainly with circa £20m of sales they'd have absolutely no excuse for not doing so. A huge few weeks ahead!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 13:27]

Borini?
But neither of these were as a result of our scouting system/network. The incumbent manager knew the players in question and how they would fit in., unlike a lot of our acquisitions who have been bought purely on what scouts have seen in live play/youtube or whatever

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Will we invest gross or net proceeds in new players ? on 13:55 - Jan 12 with 1582 viewstylagarwjack

Will we invest gross or net proceeds in new players ? on 13:39 - Jan 12 by vetchonian

Borini?
But neither of these were as a result of our scouting system/network. The incumbent manager knew the players in question and how they would fit in., unlike a lot of our acquisitions who have been bought purely on what scouts have seen in live play/youtube or whatever

I'd be happy for Borini to come in, not as first choice striker but he's definitely better than Eder. The problem is, one team in a relegation battle is unlikely to do business with another are they.....oh wait!
Will we invest gross or net proceeds in new players ? on 13:55 - Jan 12 with 1582 viewsperchrockjack

I hope curt is softening us up for a disappointing window

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Will we invest gross or net proceeds in new players ? on 13:59 - Jan 12 with 1560 viewstylagarwjack

Will we invest gross or net proceeds in new players ? on 13:55 - Jan 12 by perchrockjack

I hope curt is softening us up for a disappointing window

I suspect you may be right, I've never been to MK Dons, so every cloud!
Will we invest gross or net proceeds in new players ? on 14:01 - Jan 12 with 1552 viewspencoedjack

Will we invest gross or net proceeds in new players ? on 13:55 - Jan 12 by tylagarwjack

I'd be happy for Borini to come in, not as first choice striker but he's definitely better than Eder. The problem is, one team in a relegation battle is unlikely to do business with another are they.....oh wait!

So you think selling Shelvey for 12 million is not good business & buying Borini is ?

Will we invest gross or net proceeds in new players ? on 14:02 - Jan 12 with 1546 viewsNookiejack

You would think the freed up wages with regards to Gomis would free up a useful case pot.
Will we invest gross or net proceeds in new players ? on 14:03 - Jan 12 with 1543 viewsdobjack2

Better fecking had is the answer. Teams will be wanting top coin for any of our targets now that the disgraceful had gone. Read about players wanting to force a transfer never seen one effectively down tools on the pitch to get one before now.
Login to get fewer ads

Will we invest gross or net proceeds in new players ? on 14:03 - Jan 12 with 1537 viewsGasanova

Adebayor is available 3.5 million.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/emmanuel-adebayor/profil/spieler/8883
Will we invest gross or net proceeds in new players ? on 14:10 - Jan 12 with 1513 viewstylagarwjack

Will we invest gross or net proceeds in new players ? on 14:01 - Jan 12 by pencoedjack

So you think selling Shelvey for 12 million is not good business & buying Borini is ?

I think selling Shelvey for £12m is good business, would much prefer that we didn't sell to a relegation rival, but if that is the only or best offer on the table then I accept we may have no choice. Why would buying Borini not be good business, depending on the price?
Will we invest gross or net proceeds in new players ? on 14:18 - Jan 12 with 1460 viewstherealme

We'll invest enough to bring a certain Premier League striker in. And maybe someone else in funds are left over. There. Relax.

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Will we invest gross or net proceeds in new players ? on 14:45 - Jan 12 with 1414 viewspencoedjack

Will we invest gross or net proceeds in new players ? on 14:10 - Jan 12 by tylagarwjack

I think selling Shelvey for £12m is good business, would much prefer that we didn't sell to a relegation rival, but if that is the only or best offer on the table then I accept we may have no choice. Why would buying Borini not be good business, depending on the price?

11 PL goals in 68 games since he left us, plus he held out signing for Sunderland for massive money.

We can do far better.
Will we invest gross or net proceeds in new players ? on 15:00 - Jan 12 with 1378 viewsoldcob

Will we invest gross or net proceeds in new players ? on 14:45 - Jan 12 by pencoedjack

11 PL goals in 68 games since he left us, plus he held out signing for Sunderland for massive money.

We can do far better.

He was good for us in the championship, but can't recall him having a really good game since he's stepped up to the premiership, either for Liverpool or Sunderland.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024