Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pubs in Barnsley 18:13 - Jan 22 with 3248 viewsdale18

Anyone know any good (away friendly) pubs pre match tomorrow ?
Pubs in Barnsley on 18:32 - Jan 22 with 3225 viewsBetterredthandead

There are 2 wetherspoons, joseph bramahs and silkstone which you will be ok in, and the Old no 7 is also a friendly pub if you like real ale. TBh though you shouldnt have 2 many difficulties in town if you avoid the chavs and dont act like dicks. Enjoy your day and dont take defeat too hard :)
Pubs in Barnsley on 21:55 - Jan 22 with 3078 viewsWhiteyBFC

Any.

Seriously.

The only time it's not friendly is if the opposing fans waltz into town acting the wally. But I'll be drinking in the No7, Bramah's and Chennels. All within spitting distance of each other, 2 minute walk from the train station.

No7 is the daddy though. Real ale for real drinkers/men.
Pubs in Barnsley on 22:04 - Jan 22 with 3057 viewsfitzochris

Pubs in Barnsley on 21:55 - Jan 22 by WhiteyBFC

Any.

Seriously.

The only time it's not friendly is if the opposing fans waltz into town acting the wally. But I'll be drinking in the No7, Bramah's and Chennels. All within spitting distance of each other, 2 minute walk from the train station.

No7 is the daddy though. Real ale for real drinkers/men.

I used to drink in No.7 (the pub at the apex?) and Chennels when I was at uni. Building up a charge for a Monday night in Hedonism.

The Firkin and Butterfields were favourites too. I was also friends with the barman at the Arches, who was in a band called Topfield.Good bloke. Took money off me at pool but then sorted me free pints. Nah then.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Pubs in Barnsley on 22:14 - Jan 22 with 3034 viewsfitzochris

Which reminds me, I also met another guitarist in that boozer who is now in the brilliant Exit Calm. He kicked about with a lad called Cheeky John back then, who is not in the brilliant Exit Calm.

Pubs in Barnsley on 22:22 - Jan 22 with 3017 viewsflyerdale

Pubs in Barnsley on 22:14 - Jan 22 by fitzochris

Which reminds me, I also met another guitarist in that boozer who is now in the brilliant Exit Calm. He kicked about with a lad called Cheeky John back then, who is not in the brilliant Exit Calm.

Unfortunately Exit Calm split up last year. Was a sad day, that would be Rob ?
[Post edited 22 Jan 2016 22:22]
Pubs in Barnsley on 22:28 - Jan 22 with 3001 viewsfitzochris

Pubs in Barnsley on 22:22 - Jan 22 by flyerdale

Unfortunately Exit Calm split up last year. Was a sad day, that would be Rob ?
[Post edited 22 Jan 2016 22:22]

Yep, Rob was his name. Went to see them at King Tuts about five or six years ago. Thought they were ace. Saw the guitarist and thought 'I know you'. They were like the Verve before the Verve tried to be like Oasis.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2016 22:30]

Pubs in Barnsley on 23:39 - Jan 22 with 2941 views49thseason

Pubs in Barnsley on 22:04 - Jan 22 by fitzochris

I used to drink in No.7 (the pub at the apex?) and Chennels when I was at uni. Building up a charge for a Monday night in Hedonism.

The Firkin and Butterfields were favourites too. I was also friends with the barman at the Arches, who was in a band called Topfield.Good bloke. Took money off me at pool but then sorted me free pints. Nah then.

They have a university in Baaarnsley?? Now I know the world has gone mad.
Pubs in Barnsley on 05:01 - Jan 23 with 2881 viewsNigeriamark

Pubs in Barnsley on 22:28 - Jan 22 by fitzochris

Yep, Rob was his name. Went to see them at King Tuts about five or six years ago. Thought they were ace. Saw the guitarist and thought 'I know you'. They were like the Verve before the Verve tried to be like Oasis.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2016 22:30]

King Tut's wah wah hut - That brings back memories. Lived in Glasgow 89 - 91 and it opened while I was there. Always good to see smaller up and coming bands. Used to go to the barrowlands for the bigger bands. Was worried when I moved to Glasgow as I had never been out of Rochdale, but was a great city at the time for young people ( probably still is0. Wonder if "Klatty Patties" night club is still going on Great West Road
Login to get fewer ads

Pubs in Barnsley on 08:26 - Jan 23 with 2850 viewsfitzochris

Pubs in Barnsley on 23:39 - Jan 22 by 49thseason

They have a university in Baaarnsley?? Now I know the world has gone mad.

It doesn't. It's college did, however, act as a satellite campus for Leeds University back in 1998-2001. Not sure if it still does. Anyway, it meant I was there a fair bit between those years.

Pubs in Barnsley on 08:36 - Jan 23 with 2836 viewsfitzochris

Pubs in Barnsley on 05:01 - Jan 23 by Nigeriamark

King Tut's wah wah hut - That brings back memories. Lived in Glasgow 89 - 91 and it opened while I was there. Always good to see smaller up and coming bands. Used to go to the barrowlands for the bigger bands. Was worried when I moved to Glasgow as I had never been out of Rochdale, but was a great city at the time for young people ( probably still is0. Wonder if "Klatty Patties" night club is still going on Great West Road

Haha. No, Cleopatra's on Great Western Road is long gone. King Tut's is still going, however, and is a great place to see new bands.

Pubs in Barnsley on 15:05 - Jan 23 with 2681 viewsjudd

Exit Calm- quality band and top lads. Simon doesn't like Hilly very much though. Shame they are no more.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024