Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Real drama on daytime TV 14:56 - Feb 15 with 3126 viewsGlossolalia

Watching the Welsh open snooker in Cardiff, and Ronnie O'Sullivan willingly turned down a 147 on the 13th red, in reaction to the meagre 10k prize money for a maximum.
From the 7th red he was in conversation with the commentary box asking for the prize total, as he nonchalantly knocked in ball after ball.
All this after a petulant few frames, and during a largely absent-minded performance. What are people's thoughts on this? Obviously most would give so much for a 147, and he has, unarguably, deprived us of a maximum.
Great TV on a Monday afternoon though!
[Post edited 15 Feb 2016 14:57]
Real drama on daytime TV on 16:01 - Feb 15 with 3085 viewsHighjack

Not the first time he's done it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Real drama on daytime TV on 16:15 - Feb 15 with 3064 viewsmonmouth

The audience that have paid to watch the monumental shithead should ram his cue up his arse and pot the black with his stupid head.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Real drama on daytime TV on 16:19 - Feb 15 with 3057 viewsDarran

I was watching this earlier and wondered to myself what's the most dfficult to do a 147 in snooker or a nine darter in darts.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Real drama on daytime TV on 16:47 - Feb 15 with 3016 viewsNogginthenog

Real drama on daytime TV on 16:19 - Feb 15 by Darran

I was watching this earlier and wondered to myself what's the most dfficult to do a 147 in snooker or a nine darter in darts.

here we go again, six pager.
Real drama on daytime TV on 17:23 - Feb 15 with 2977 viewsGlyn1

In my case, 9 would be my maximum break in snooker, and I could take 147 goes to finish a game of darts - does that count?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Real drama on daytime TV on 17:35 - Feb 15 with 2954 viewslondonlisa2001

Shows utter contempt for the sport and the people that have paid to see him.
Real drama on daytime TV on 17:35 - Feb 15 with 2952 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

What an absolute c@nt of a man .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Real drama on daytime TV on 18:14 - Feb 15 with 2906 viewsbuilthjack

What a tw@t. Big time Charlie.
He could have just given it to charity.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Real drama on daytime TV on 18:38 - Feb 15 with 2865 viewsGowerjack

Real drama on daytime TV on 18:14 - Feb 15 by builthjack

Yep.

And still have made his petulant point about £10k not being enough money.

What a w anker.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Real drama on daytime TV on 18:47 - Feb 15 with 2856 viewsDarran

Real drama on daytime TV on 17:23 - Feb 15 by Glyn1

In my case, 9 would be my maximum break in snooker, and I could take 147 goes to finish a game of darts - does that count?

A hole in one on a par five would be an achievement too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Real drama on daytime TV on 19:03 - Feb 15 with 2816 viewsexiledclaseboy

O'Sullivan is a cock. No respect for the game and fans who made him what he is.

Poll: Tory leader

Real drama on daytime TV on 20:27 - Feb 15 with 2761 viewsGlossolalia

Looks like the consensus is overwhelmingly negative!I appreciate the replies. I think he's good for the sport, and moments like this are simply a price to pay. I've read his autobiography and he has a real addictive personality, but I'm no expert. And yeah I remember one 147 where the referee had to ask Ronnie to pot the final black 'for the fans'.

A true love-hate relationship with the sport. I have to say, the drama surrounding his 146 break had me talking more than if he'd done the 147...
[Post edited 15 Feb 2016 20:28]
Real drama on daytime TV on 20:32 - Feb 15 with 2749 viewsjackportis

Real drama on daytime TV on 18:14 - Feb 15 by builthjack

Exactly. And I expect a few of u in Builth would have thought the same.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Real drama on daytime TV on 22:38 - Feb 15 with 2665 viewsBrynmill_Jack

A nine darter in snooker is nigh on impossible

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Real drama on daytime TV on 22:39 - Feb 15 with 2662 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Real drama on daytime TV on 18:47 - Feb 15 by Darran

A hole in one on a par five would be an achievement too.

A hole in one in darts is nigh on impossible

Real drama on daytime TV on 22:42 - Feb 15 with 2659 viewsBrynmill_Jack

In an economic time made of nightmares for most his attitude is shocking. He's coming across as the loadsamoney of darts. What I wouldn't give for ten grand ...............

Real drama on daytime TV on 06:19 - Feb 16 with 2586 viewsjackportis

The commentator at the time said "you got to love him" with great affection. How?

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Real drama on daytime TV on 09:40 - Feb 16 with 2522 viewsdickythorpe

If you had put a bet on him to get 147, you'd be fuming!!! Or would the bookies refund your stake because of his actions?
Real drama on daytime TV on 09:43 - Feb 16 with 2519 viewsjackportis

Real drama on daytime TV on 09:40 - Feb 16 by dickythorpe

If you had put a bet on him to get 147, you'd be fuming!!! Or would the bookies refund your stake because of his actions?

U have a good point here dicky. This is sort of match fixing in a way. The sport needs to clear this up.

Real drama on daytime TV on 10:44 - Feb 16 with 2488 viewsshandyjack

Real drama on daytime TV on 09:40 - Feb 16 by dickythorpe

bookies paid out on him anyway i believe, upto 66/1 for him to get 1 in the match

Poll: Expectation for the season

Real drama on daytime TV on 13:41 - Feb 16 with 2426 viewsLoyal

Fcking idiot of a man, he could have potted that last black and donated the prize money to victims of crime. - like murder etc.

Give a bit back. Cnt of a man, egotistical tw at.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024