Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you take Brendan back next season 09:53 - Mar 20 with 10627 viewsmarchamjack

Big yes from me if a possibility.

Thanks to Guidolin for playing his part in keeping us up, but that Barrow Naughton subbing finished me with him. Collective groan around me too.

Bring back Brendan.

Or even Benitez if Newcastle go down would be great if he'd come to us.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Would you take Brendan back next season on 20:11 - Mar 22 with 2038 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Would you take Brendan back next season on 19:41 - Mar 22 by oh_tommy_tommy

I'd like us to get that guy from Seville

He would certainly trim the squad

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Would you take Brendan back next season on 22:03 - Mar 22 with 1980 viewsmarchamjack

anyone prefer Coleman...

Would you take Brendan back next season on 22:15 - Mar 22 with 1967 viewsWarwickHunt

Would you take Brendan back next season on 20:11 - Mar 22 by NeiltheTaylor

Barnet are favourites.
Would you take Brendan back next season on 12:42 - Mar 23 with 1862 viewsvetchonian

Would you take Brendan back next season on 19:25 - Mar 22 by londonlisa2001

I didn't see the Bournemouth game to be fair as I was away so only listened to it on talk sport.

I agree re our formation on Saturday - I couldn't see why we didn't play Siggy behind and Fer and Ki out wider rather than have Siggy on the 'wing'.

It was more a point that I think our overly defensive set up is caused by the problems we have at the back in general. Although Villa were on the front foot, they didn't really create a clear cut chance (neither of course did we). I'm not excusing us on Saturday by the way - we were absolutely shocking. I think we have a terrible problem particularly at full back but actually at centre back as well. Let's limp to May and see what happens. If we do not invest heavily in the back line, next season could be another shocker.

I also think this is why Fabs form has suffered this year he is unsure of what is happening in front of him and has lost confidence in the back 4.
Some of thr full back issues are due to us playing without wingers as we used to so both fullbacks have less cover in front of them than they were used to and I think this season Fede is just having a mare which has given Ash the cobbywobbles.
As we all say some serious rebuilding required come the Summer or we can find ourselves in the relegation mix next season too. Villa,Newcastle and Sunderland were all down there at the end of last season so we she take heed.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Would you take Brendan back next season on 22:49 - Mar 26 with 1753 viewsmarchamjack

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/655825/Exclusive-Brendan-Rodgers-Swansea

Express now reporting done deal for Brendan

Would you take Brendan back next season on 23:05 - Mar 26 with 1737 viewsWarwickHunt

Would you take Brendan back next season on 22:49 - Mar 26 by marchamjack

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/655825/Exclusive-Brendan-Rodgers-Swansea

Quality newspaper...

"Wales' Neil Taylor: Euro 2016 will create 'nervous' ora in friendlies"

WTF is an ora?
Would you take Brendan back next season on 23:44 - Mar 26 with 1670 viewsHighjack

Would you take Brendan back next season on 23:05 - Mar 26 by WarwickHunt

Quality newspaper...

"Wales' Neil Taylor: Euro 2016 will create 'nervous' ora in friendlies"

WTF is an ora?

Rita ora, he's developed an unhealthy obsession and she's very nervous.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Would you take Brendan back next season on 06:03 - Mar 27 with 1550 viewsskippyjack

The problem if BR returned.. we don't have the players to suit his type of game..

Taylor
Rangel
Fernandez
Cork
Gomis
Britton
Tabanou
Eder
Routledge
Montero
Ayew
Paloschi
Naughton

We have three fullbacks..

Naughton - doesn't like the press.. lacks aggression
Rangel - legs have gone..
Taylor - unable to attack our left flank with aggression
Fernandez - Suicidal passing, ill disciplined
Cork - too dynamic.. not that intricate player who dictates play from deep
Gomis - he would be a disaster.
Britton - legs have gone, can only last 45 minutes..
Tabanou - can we ship him out?
Eder - can we offload him?
Routledge - presses well, works hard.. but so does Emnes who is younger.
Montero - does not like to press, lightweight, suffers from MIA syndrome
Ayew - excellent work rate, but too dynamic in style, lacks Premier League intensity
Paloschi - suffers from MIA syndrome
Bartley - yeah.

Players who would suit BR..

Fabianski
Williams
Amat
Ki
Gylfi
Barrow

People need to get with 'reality'.. we're a dynamic abomination.. former 'passing' 'pressing' players unable to live with the tempo.

Appointing BR would be a disaster.. unless we ship out..

Rangel
Naughton
Gomis
Taylor
Britton
Bartley
Tabanou
Eder
Montero

I think BR can work with..

Fernandez
Routledge
Cork
Paloschi
Ayew
Gylfi
Fabianski
Williams
Amat
Ki
Barrow
Kingsley
Fulton
Emnes
Nordfeldt
Grimes

It'll be a good base to start with.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Login to get fewer ads

Would you take Brendan back next season on 07:48 - Mar 27 with 1510 viewsThornburyswan

Would you take Brendan back next season on 22:03 - Mar 22 by marchamjack

anyone prefer Coleman...

He'd be ok in a swan suit trying to stop the penalties from the mascots but otherwise 'no thanks'
Would you take Brendan back next season on 08:19 - Mar 27 with 1481 viewsThornburyswan

Would you take Brendan back next season on 12:42 - Mar 23 by vetchonian

I also think this is why Fabs form has suffered this year he is unsure of what is happening in front of him and has lost confidence in the back 4.
Some of thr full back issues are due to us playing without wingers as we used to so both fullbacks have less cover in front of them than they were used to and I think this season Fede is just having a mare which has given Ash the cobbywobbles.
As we all say some serious rebuilding required come the Summer or we can find ourselves in the relegation mix next season too. Villa,Newcastle and Sunderland were all down there at the end of last season so we she take heed.

Decent points made & the ones by Lisa - for me our issues fall into 2 camps :-

1. With current back 4, particularly the full backs, to look solid we need a holding midfielder sitting deep (usually Cork or Leon) plus 2 wide-men (not sure if I'd call then wingers) willing to consistently track back & be aware of opposing midfield runners - when we do that we have a solid base & other than from set pieces we concede, relative to our status, few goals. The big downside is with that set-up we have only 3 players left to be attack minded.

2. On occasion we have been more attack minded - Bournemouth away most recently, at spells in the second half we were as good going forward as I've seen us for a good few years, but at the same time we were vulnerable from both open play & set pieces - great for the neutrals/tv audiences! Impression I get is the current management/HJ are not comfortable with that approach so we default to option 1.

If we are to progress for next season (assuming we get a further 3/4 points of course) we need, imo, :-

1. 2 new FBs - who can get beyond the midfield & put a cross into the box but fit enough to get back & defend. Probably means exits for Tabanou & one of Naughts/Tayls - Kieran Gibbs anyone?
2. 1 new CB - strong in the air but capable with ball to feet - I'd be looking at Caulks but would need convincing he's up for it - exits for Bartley & Fede for me.
3. Ideally a strong box to box midfielder - might be Fer, not seen enough yet.
4. Either a new wideman or commitment to give Montero a decent run - I'm not sure about him either but one thing for sure we can't decide if he's sat in the stand - we currently have Barrow, Montero, Routs, Emnes & Dyer who are all (possibly Emnes aside) wide players & for me we need to exit at least 2, probably 3 & bring 1 new one in.
5. Finally & most difficulty a goal scoring striker - not Eder or Gomis & jury is still out on Paloschi for me but I'd give him another season - might keep an eye of Origi at LFC if they spend big (again on a new striker) or Bony if he's really up for it.
6. That leaves Ayew - really not sure about him - positives are his work rate, ability & goal threat but challenge is how we fit him & Siggy into a starting 11.

In summary big summer ahead but let's get the 3/4 points first ;-)
Would you take Brendan back next season on 09:10 - Mar 27 with 1408 viewskarnataka

Would you take Brendan back next season on 20:11 - Mar 22 by NeiltheTaylor

I think jokes with opera references are always likely to go over the heads of most on a football forum and maybe the rest choose to ignore them for the same reason but I thought it was good and deserves to be acknowledged so thanks for making me smile on a very wet and gloomy Sunday morning.
Would you take Brendan back next season on 09:27 - Mar 27 with 1370 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Would you take Brendan back next season on 08:19 - Mar 27 by Thornburyswan

Decent points made & the ones by Lisa - for me our issues fall into 2 camps :-

1. With current back 4, particularly the full backs, to look solid we need a holding midfielder sitting deep (usually Cork or Leon) plus 2 wide-men (not sure if I'd call then wingers) willing to consistently track back & be aware of opposing midfield runners - when we do that we have a solid base & other than from set pieces we concede, relative to our status, few goals. The big downside is with that set-up we have only 3 players left to be attack minded.

2. On occasion we have been more attack minded - Bournemouth away most recently, at spells in the second half we were as good going forward as I've seen us for a good few years, but at the same time we were vulnerable from both open play & set pieces - great for the neutrals/tv audiences! Impression I get is the current management/HJ are not comfortable with that approach so we default to option 1.

If we are to progress for next season (assuming we get a further 3/4 points of course) we need, imo, :-

1. 2 new FBs - who can get beyond the midfield & put a cross into the box but fit enough to get back & defend. Probably means exits for Tabanou & one of Naughts/Tayls - Kieran Gibbs anyone?
2. 1 new CB - strong in the air but capable with ball to feet - I'd be looking at Caulks but would need convincing he's up for it - exits for Bartley & Fede for me.
3. Ideally a strong box to box midfielder - might be Fer, not seen enough yet.
4. Either a new wideman or commitment to give Montero a decent run - I'm not sure about him either but one thing for sure we can't decide if he's sat in the stand - we currently have Barrow, Montero, Routs, Emnes & Dyer who are all (possibly Emnes aside) wide players & for me we need to exit at least 2, probably 3 & bring 1 new one in.
5. Finally & most difficulty a goal scoring striker - not Eder or Gomis & jury is still out on Paloschi for me but I'd give him another season - might keep an eye of Origi at LFC if they spend big (again on a new striker) or Bony if he's really up for it.
6. That leaves Ayew - really not sure about him - positives are his work rate, ability & goal threat but challenge is how we fit him & Siggy into a starting 11.

In summary big summer ahead but let's get the 3/4 points first ;-)

A definite no on Caulker from me. Nowhere near good enough for us now even if he is better than FF or KB.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Would you take Brendan back next season on 10:01 - Mar 27 with 1285 viewsSwanseaTID

Would you take Brendan back next season on 22:49 - Mar 26 by marchamjack

"Rodgers, 43, has been out of the game since he was sacked by Liverpool in October following the Merseyside derby defeat to Everton."

Wasn't that game a draw? 2-2 if I remember correctly.

Edit: Sorry 1-1, still sh1te reporting
[Post edited 27 Mar 2016 10:08]
Would you take Brendan back next season on 10:07 - Mar 27 with 1272 viewsdgt73

Would you take Brendan back next season on 09:27 - Mar 27 by Brynmill_Jack

A definite no on Caulker from me. Nowhere near good enough for us now even if he is better than FF or KB.

Caulker is still young and IMO in the right environment would be an excellent player.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Would you take Brendan back next season on 10:27 - Mar 27 with 1232 viewsLoyal

I see his new Mrs just loves da money's !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024