Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back. 00:18 - Apr 6 with 3299 viewsMancR

What a turgid, revolting waste of time that was. A game so lacking in any kind of quality from both sides. The worst Leeds team we are ever likely to encounter with a 12 year old in goal whose only save came from a tame( there's a shock) effort from hoilet. He didn't even have a cross to catch.
I could go on but that would mean putting in more of an effort than any of the players on the pitch who are clearly already on holiday.
The bright point was everyone received a Dennis the menace away kit, top gesture from the club.
Just Back. on 01:24 - Apr 6 with 3230 viewsmoffer

Now come on. Hoilet was trying really hard...to generate a July payslip. I believe I saw Philips chase back as well, once. And Polter was just Polter, got us a penalty just by wanting it more than anybody else.
It was nice to have an away bar right next to the away bit as well, and the free shirts to be got inside. I got two!
[Post edited 6 Apr 2016 1:26]
Just Back. on 01:31 - Apr 6 with 3209 viewsstowmarketrange

It sounded like quite a good game on the radio,but they did say that Leeds were there for the taking if we had shown a bit more spirit and gumption.
Just Back. on 01:48 - Apr 6 with 3184 viewsmoffer

Just Back. on 01:31 - Apr 6 by stowmarketrange

It sounded like quite a good game on the radio,but they did say that Leeds were there for the taking if we had shown a bit more spirit and gumption.

Yes they were, but It wasn't that sort of night. I've never been to Elland Road before and found such a flat atmosphere. The 20 thousand missing people might have had something to do with that. Friends of mine who are season ticket holders there unanimously decided not to bother. Can't blame them really.
The minutes silence was impeccably observed by both sets of fans 👏
[Post edited 6 Apr 2016 1:49]
Just Back. on 04:25 - Apr 6 with 3072 viewstimcocking

If ever I hear the words tepid or turgid, it seems to be in association with QPR. Got to be our collective favourite adjectives, much to my chagrin.

I was pleased to see Ali and Luongo both starting. How'd they get on?
[Post edited 6 Apr 2016 4:30]
Just Back. on 08:56 - Apr 6 with 2621 viewsTacticalR

@MancR 'The worst Leeds team we are ever likely to encounter with a 12 year old in goal whose only save came from a tame( there's a shock) effort from hoilet.'

The QPR commentary team were asking why QPR didn't try more shooting (even from distance) to take advantage of the keeper's debut.

Air hostess clique

Just Back. on 09:08 - Apr 6 with 2570 viewsDWQPR

Just Back. on 08:56 - Apr 6 by TacticalR

@MancR 'The worst Leeds team we are ever likely to encounter with a 12 year old in goal whose only save came from a tame( there's a shock) effort from hoilet.'

The QPR commentary team were asking why QPR didn't try more shooting (even from distance) to take advantage of the keeper's debut.

It was what I was saying in the first ten minutes, a rookie keeper making his debut and what you want is crosses into the box and shots, test the kid, he might have came through with flying colours or he might have cracked. Desperately poor first half and only once Leeds had scored did we suddenly look like a half decent side moving the ball quickly and getting behind their defence. Great effort by BFG to get the penalty, took to players on and his strength and speed got passed the pair of them, no doubt he was looking for a penalty but it still took a poor challenge to get it. And a great penalty taken by Sharon. A draw was a fair result and if there was a draw that merited nil points to both sides this was it.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Just Back. on 09:13 - Apr 6 with 2555 viewsMancR

Our midfield never really got going and we're often outnumbered, 1) because they had 5 in midfield and we had 4 and 2) because one of our 4 was Phillips who put in another non existent performance.(how has he still got a place in our team?)
As for their goalkeeper, I think any reasonable Sunday league stopper could have played for Leeds last night. He kicked a few back passes away and fell on a Hoilet shot, as well as admiring Chery's excellent penalty.
It really was that bad, but we did get a free kit;)
Just Back. on 09:53 - Apr 6 with 2421 viewsbosh67

I think the thing we have to accept now is that it is all about next season....

Or the one after that....

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Just Back. on 13:21 - Apr 6 with 2108 viewswelwynranger

Just Back. on 09:53 - Apr 6 by bosh67

I think the thing we have to accept now is that it is all about next season....

No don't say that . It makes you sound like a Spuds fan
Just Back. on 15:48 - Apr 6 with 1897 viewsTacticalR

It is what it is, and we move on.

Air hostess clique

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024