Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote 16:59 - Jun 3 with 8386 viewsdonkeylabour

I'm bored senseless of hearing this mentioned, as usual completely by accident of course a 17 yr old lad on QT was moaning he couldn't have a say.

Diddums, if 16 yr olds can vote surely we should lower the age of alcohol for instance to 16 why is that 18?

I don't know about you guys but politics was hardly at the front of my mind at 16 and I'm sure that speaks for most people - I would argue 21 would be more appropriate to vote if anything.

Because you have a few shouty geeks doesn't mean it should be lowered. What happens if the general election falls when they're 15 and they have a right to vote at 16? Is that outrageous to, they may not vote in a general election till they're 20 in this scenario.

It's an inevitable thing now and I just ask, why? Beyond narrow party advantage.

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 20:47 - Jun 3 with 1349 viewsexiledclaseboy

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 20:46 - Jun 3 by skippyjack

Well.. considering it is run by the govt.. and I talk to MPs.. it's not beyond the realms of impossibility.

So you reckon there are MPs who know the details of how where I work runs and the roles undertaken therein?

Now that's funny.

Poll: Tory leader

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 20:48 - Jun 3 with 1345 viewslondonlisa2001

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 20:39 - Jun 3 by Jackfath

So you know something?

It's your fault he's posting on here again - I blame you :-)
Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 20:49 - Jun 3 with 1336 viewsJackfath

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 20:48 - Jun 3 by londonlisa2001

It's your fault he's posting on here again - I blame you :-)

I'm sorry.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 20:51 - Jun 3 with 1334 viewslondonlisa2001

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 20:46 - Jun 3 by skippyjack

Well.. considering it is run by the govt.. and I talk to MPs.. it's not beyond the realms of impossibility.

Which MPs do you speak to skippy?

Name them for us.
Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 20:53 - Jun 3 with 1322 viewsJackfath

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 20:51 - Jun 3 by londonlisa2001

Name them for us.

.....and then you go and encourage him....

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 20:54 - Jun 3 with 1320 viewsblueytheblue

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 20:51 - Jun 3 by londonlisa2001

Name them for us.

I will literally wet myself if the name Corbyn comes up.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 20:55 - Jun 3 with 1317 viewslondonlisa2001

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 20:53 - Jun 3 by Jackfath

.....and then you go and encourage him....

He'll be quiet for a bit while he googles the names of some MPs mun.
Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 21:12 - Jun 3 with 1295 viewstrolley_jack

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 20:40 - Jun 3 by skippyjack

The first paragraph is simple.. an 85 year old has got family.. grandchildren.. and has paid his taxes.. he has more right than anyone..

No he has the same right as anyone. No more.
Login to get fewer ads

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 21:30 - Jun 3 with 1285 viewsnice_to_michu

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 20:54 - Jun 3 by blueytheblue

I will literally wet myself if the name Corbyn comes up.

Me too.

Although I think he is more likely to claim to be a special advisor to George Galloway, or even Lembit Opik when he was around.
Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 21:31 - Jun 3 with 1280 viewslondonlisa2001

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 21:30 - Jun 3 by nice_to_michu

Me too.

Although I think he is more likely to claim to be a special advisor to George Galloway, or even Lembit Opik when he was around.

Are you saying skippy is one of the cheeky girls?
Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 21:37 - Jun 3 with 1274 viewsnice_to_michu

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 21:31 - Jun 3 by londonlisa2001

That's unfair on the cheeky girls.

I went to a Question Time once where Lembit Opik was there and so was the cheeky girl, kind of bizarre really.

But hey, if they both liked each other then crack on, that's what I say!
Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 21:40 - Jun 3 with 1269 viewsskippyjack

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 20:47 - Jun 3 by exiledclaseboy

So you reckon there are MPs who know the details of how where I work runs and the roles undertaken therein?

Now that's funny.

F *ck.. you're dumb.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 21:46 - Jun 3 with 1259 viewsnice_to_michu

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 21:40 - Jun 3 by skippyjack

F *ck.. you're dumb.

Another quality comment.
Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 22:20 - Jun 3 with 1240 viewsexiledclaseboy

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 21:46 - Jun 3 by nice_to_michu

Another quality comment.

Par for the course when you challenge him. He just calls you thick.

Poll: Tory leader

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 22:29 - Jun 3 with 1236 viewsdonkeylabour

sausages

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 00:17 - Jun 4 with 1210 viewsLoyal

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 21:30 - Jun 3 by nice_to_michu

Me too.

Is Skippy one of the cheeky girls ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 00:39 - Jun 4 with 1204 viewsHighjack

No but he does ask people to touch his bum.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Obsession with 16 year olds having the vote on 01:05 - Jun 4 with 1197 viewsLoyal

Great minds, I think he is.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024