Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Posh scout report.. 18:27 - Jul 30 with 2275 viewsWhiteyBFC

There was an HD live stream of our final pre-season outing this afternoon, away at Peterborough. And because they are your opening day opponents again, again, again, I thought I'd pass on a few bits and pieces worthy of mentioning.

No Michael Smith for them, who I assume is a regular but other than that and a late warm-up injury to Ben Alnwick, I'd suggest that it was as strong a side as they could field. As was ours, depending on your opinion of certain players. Adam Davies is injured so Nick Townsend started in goal. I'd have Marley Watkins on the right wing, but Ryan Kent played there today. Some prefer James Bree over Andy Yiadom at right back and it looks as though George Moncur will be substitute to begin with as Josh Scowen has really impressed in midfield. But aye, we weren't fielding kids or owt.

First half was practically all us, with our passing and movement too much for Posh. They were slower all over the park in that period, late with a few challenges and from an early Hammill free kick, Scowen glanced us in front. We had a lot of joy against their left full back in that first half, with Yiadom and Kent combining well. Should have scored another two at least, Hourihane denied with a great save and both Bradshaw and Winnall misfiring (yet to be convinced they can work as a pairing).

Posh were only threatening from distance and Taylor rattled the woodwork late in the half. Their strikers looked distinctly average. All pace and technique, no strength or awareness, easily bullied by Roberts and Mawson.

Second half was a more even affair as we allowed them to come onto us in order to counter them. It's a successful tactic that worked well under Hecky away from home once ahead in games. Fair play to Posh though, Taylor moved deeper and along with Maddison began to dictate. Again though, for all their technical intricacy the end product was missing. They forced a couple of routine saves out of Townsend and one outstanding drive was tipped wonderfully wide, but other than that? Little to speak of.

They brought a lad on who sounded Brazilian (Lopes or Silva, or summat) and played wide right and played Brazilian. Looks a talent, maybe a trialist? Him and Hammill took turns to showboat.

Once we began making subs the game became drab, but twice we caught them on the break, Stefan Payne denied twice by good saves before he did get a goal after nodding home a great Yiadom cross.

2-0, and we weren't really at full pelt. I feel Posh were.

If I was Keith I'd play two up top, attack them quickly. No point playing keepball against them. They are there to be got at.

They did beat Leeds and Brentford recently and pre season means bugger all. Again, I saw more to enthuse me in the 3-0 Everton friendly loss than I have in the victories.

But if Posh are meant to be one of the 'contenders' I am starting to be more optimistic about Dale this season. Just attack sides, be brave. It worked for us...

Good luck.
Posh scout report.. on 19:03 - Jul 30 with 2180 viewsmacro

Hill will play three up if preseason is anything to go by.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024