Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Small club syndrome 16:06 - Sep 13 with 1695 viewsJackBishop

Sometimes I feel we moan too much about how we compare to the big boys in the league ie. press coverage, position on MOTD etc.
However, the coverage since the Chelsea game has left me seething. I was particularly galled when the BBC gave a slot on a flagship sports programme to Cahill to bleat to the nation about a referee's error. This would not have been the case for a player from Swansea. This is clearly airtime reserved for 'top 4' England internationals.
I was at Anfield last season when we lost 1 - 0 to a penalty against Taylor. A referee's error that was largely ignored and thee BBC must have 'forgot' to invite a Swansea player to explain to the nation how upsetting it all was.
Cahilll's views on astonomy are also rather novel. Nobody could see from there as everybody knows - it is made of cheese. Clearly another thick, overpaid footballer!
Small club syndrome on 16:09 - Sep 13 with 1683 viewsDarran

Great idea for a thread.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Small club syndrome on 16:42 - Sep 13 with 1629 viewsNaughty71

So what happens now when another goal is scored directly from an obvious foul?

Will the BBC give airtime to the aggrieved player the same as Cahill? I bet if it happens to one of the 'Top Teams', probably yes. If it happens to any team below 7th in the table, not a chance.

I have no problem with Cahill going to see the referee to get clarity around the decision, but to be given a national platform to moan about it? Pathetic by everyone involved. Conte should have pulled Cahill to one side and advised him not to go on national television to bleat like a child.

A decision went against them, boo hoo, welcome to our world, it happens every week for us and the teams around us.

"Who scored that Naughty?", "I don't know, I've forgotten my bl**dy glasses again!".

Small club syndrome on 16:46 - Sep 13 with 1616 viewskarnataka

If Fer had scored that goal against WBA, Stoke, Sunderland, Watford or any one of another 12 or 13 clubs, it would barely have been discussed. They would have just agreed it was a foul and moved on. Compare Cahill's cry-baby bleating with the Ryan Shawcross MOTD interview a few weeks ago when he gave away a penalty - never been keen on the bloke but he at least showed a bit of dignity and humility that Cahill could learn a lot from.
Small club syndrome on 16:48 - Sep 13 with 1608 viewsaberhugh

Oh Gary why are you so upset?
Well Aunty Beeb that horrid Mr Mariner and his friends did not see Leroy kick me. Then I did a whoopsie and now Headmaster Conte is going to be all angry and shout.
We can't have that Gary. What if we tell all the boys and girls what really happened and make it all better.
Oh yes Aunty Beeb! But what shall I say.
Tell them about that bully Leroy and what he did. You can also say about the man in the moon before they all get tucked up in bed.
Oh thank you Aunty Beeb.
That's alright Gary, you are one of Aunty's special boys. Now stop those tears.
Small club syndrome on 17:39 - Sep 13 with 1524 viewsmorristonboy

Small club syndrome on 16:48 - Sep 13 by aberhugh

Oh Gary why are you so upset?
Well Aunty Beeb that horrid Mr Mariner and his friends did not see Leroy kick me. Then I did a whoopsie and now Headmaster Conte is going to be all angry and shout.
We can't have that Gary. What if we tell all the boys and girls what really happened and make it all better.
Oh yes Aunty Beeb! But what shall I say.
Tell them about that bully Leroy and what he did. You can also say about the man in the moon before they all get tucked up in bed.
Oh thank you Aunty Beeb.
That's alright Gary, you are one of Aunty's special boys. Now stop those tears.

Oh Gary why are you crying again?
Oh Aunty Beeb they are all saying big boys things I don't understand and Silly Psycho Sutton has made it worse. Mr Conte has been mumbling things about a concrete overcoat. JT said I should grow a pair but that his had got him into a lot of trouble. Diego keeps giving me dirty looks and says I shouldn't have been such a tell tale tit. He said he does stuff like Leroy all the time and Mr Lineker thinksvhe bloody hilarious. What shal I do Aujty Beeb?
Can you dance Gary?
Small club syndrome on 17:56 - Sep 13 with 1477 viewsRevJames

In addition to 'Goal of The Month' and 'Two good, two bad", perhaps we will now see a dedicated whinging slot of 2 minutes on MOTD for any player from Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City etc to who feels hard done by.

How ironic that in a season where the FA have clamped down on back-chat against referees that the BBC are giving players the opportunity to do it on air
Small club syndrome on 18:38 - Sep 14 with 1273 viewskarnataka

Small club syndrome on 17:56 - Sep 13 by RevJames

In addition to 'Goal of The Month' and 'Two good, two bad", perhaps we will now see a dedicated whinging slot of 2 minutes on MOTD for any player from Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City etc to who feels hard done by.

How ironic that in a season where the FA have clamped down on back-chat against referees that the BBC are giving players the opportunity to do it on air

How about "Bleat of the Week"?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024