Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Writing Bradley Off 10:23 - Oct 5 with 4941 viewsUppa_Swans

I was as disappointed as anyone with the board's treatment of Guidolin, but equally the way some are writing Bradley off before he's even started is odd.

Many are saying he hasn't achieved anything, but to an extent you obviously have to be 'given' opportunities. It's only now, almost 20 years into the 21st century, that a large portion of the US national team ply their trade in Europe. The chances will be even slimmer for managers.

Say what you want about MLS but Bradley won numerous honours there. He turned the fortunes around for both Stabaek and Le Havre, narrowly missing out on promotion with the latter last year. He's also had some pretty useful experience of managing national teams; it's worth remembering the US came on leaps and bounds in his time at the helm.

None of the other candidates nor Guidolin himself have managed an international side. Egypt are also one of the top-performing African nations, so it's not as if he was in charge of St. Vincent and the Grenadines.

I am 99% sure that if Bradley were Spanish, German, Italian or any other nationality that isn't American he would have been given a job in a European top flight long before this.

Bradley may not be some master tactician, but it's quite clear he's well-versed in that side of things but crucially also in motivational terms too. I thought Guidolin's tactics were pretty spot on most of the time, but apart from being let down by poor players he didn't really connect with the squad. If you can't communicate with the squad even the best tactics fall on deaf ears.

Of course, there will be an element of marketing in the decision to appoint him, but you'd struggle to find a footballing decision that wasn't motivated in part by the PR/commercial side of things in this day and age.
Writing Bradley Off on 12:45 - Oct 5 with 1149 viewsSmellyplumz

Writing Bradley Off on 11:15 - Oct 5 by jackjackjackjack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/american-soccer-legend

It's Landon's fault. Or our future success is all down to Landon.

This is exactly why Bob was given the job, not because he is the best manager for the club but because he was big pals with Donna ffs

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Writing Bradley Off on 12:54 - Oct 5 with 1129 viewsvetchonian

Writing Bradley Off on 12:45 - Oct 5 by Smellyplumz

This is exactly why Bob was given the job, not because he is the best manager for the club but because he was big pals with Donna ffs

Shows how Jason and Steve are taking Donovans advice over our Huws!
[Post edited 5 Oct 2016 13:12]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Writing Bradley Off on 12:56 - Oct 5 with 1127 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Every article I've read now is about how its a big deal for an American to manage in the PL, they seem to care more about that than whether he is the right man for the job.
Writing Bradley Off on 12:57 - Oct 5 with 1126 viewsMorfa_Same

The issue most of us have with Bradley is not just about the treatment of the previous manager. It's that he's been appointed for all the wrong reasons and appears on paper to be underqualified for the job. If he wasn't American he wouldn't even have made the top 50 on our shortlist.
Writing Bradley Off on 14:35 - Oct 5 with 1048 viewsjackal

Writing Bradley Off on 11:08 - Oct 5 by nierika

Check out @larssivertsen's Tweet:

The last highly rated manager from the Norwegian League to come here was Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Writing Bradley Off on 14:45 - Oct 5 with 1037 viewsjasper_T

Writing Bradley Off on 12:57 - Oct 5 by Morfa_Same

The issue most of us have with Bradley is not just about the treatment of the previous manager. It's that he's been appointed for all the wrong reasons and appears on paper to be underqualified for the job. If he wasn't American he wouldn't even have made the top 50 on our shortlist.

A long career of mediocrity at much lower levels of football than ours, a reputation for dire hoofball that's the opposite of what we used to enjoy, and a major chip on his shoulder about his nationality.

It's going to be hard to get behind him, especially when we had a perfectly good manager who would have easily kept us up with proper support at boardroom level (i.e. not blatant media undermining).

We've thrown the baby out, kept the bathwater, and added an uglier, louder baby.
Writing Bradley Off on 15:11 - Oct 5 with 1014 viewsPrivate_Partz

Writing Bradley Off on 14:45 - Oct 5 by jasper_T

A long career of mediocrity at much lower levels of football than ours, a reputation for dire hoofball that's the opposite of what we used to enjoy, and a major chip on his shoulder about his nationality.

It's going to be hard to get behind him, especially when we had a perfectly good manager who would have easily kept us up with proper support at boardroom level (i.e. not blatant media undermining).

We've thrown the baby out, kept the bathwater, and added an uglier, louder baby.

Take a bow Jasper. That's a beauty :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Writing Bradley Off on 17:37 - Oct 5 with 966 viewsJango

Writing Bradley Off on 14:45 - Oct 5 by jasper_T

Would have kept us up easily even tho were are only above the relegation zone on goal difference, haven't won a game for over a month and lost at home to Hull on the way. People are basing this on the last 2 games we played, in which we lost both! He had been in charge for 9 months and still didn't know what formation to play or what his best 11 was. I liked Guidolin but this new love in for him all of a sudden, you'd swear we were on a 10 game unbeaten streak.
Login to get fewer ads

Writing Bradley Off on 17:42 - Oct 5 with 957 viewsSmellyplumz

Writing Bradley Off on 17:37 - Oct 5 by Jango

Would have kept us up easily even tho were are only above the relegation zone on goal difference, haven't won a game for over a month and lost at home to Hull on the way. People are basing this on the last 2 games we played, in which we lost both! He had been in charge for 9 months and still didn't know what formation to play or what his best 11 was. I liked Guidolin but this new love in for him all of a sudden, you'd swear we were on a 10 game unbeaten streak.

As opposed to your love in for Bob who has yet to take the team training let alone play a game.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024