Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff devils 20:42 - Dec 8 with 5656 viewslittle_britton

I'm going to watch the ice hockey for the first time on Sunday, does anybody whose been before have any advice on parking etc
Cardiff devils on 20:45 - Dec 8 with 4480 viewsmax936

Darran will be there he's a Massive fan, never misses a game.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Cardiff devils on 20:47 - Dec 8 with 4471 viewslittle_britton

Cardiff devils on 20:45 - Dec 8 by max936

Darran will be there he's a Massive fan, never misses a game.

Maybe I can have a lift up in his Bentley
Cardiff devils on 20:47 - Dec 8 with 4471 viewsjack2jack

That's ice,hope you have a good day
Cardiff devils on 20:48 - Dec 8 with 4466 viewsDarran

Yes get there early and you'll be ok,failing that just park anywhere it's a Sunday night everyone else does.

I'll give you a good tip,when you get inside especially if you've got kids with you,when the teams come out for the warm up make your way down and stand behind the goals for shooting practice,it's great fun seeing a puck flying for your face only to be stopped by the glass screen.

Oh and if you like pizza there's a van outside that sells the best pizzas going,he was voted best pizza in Wales last year.
http://theartisancook.co.uk

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cardiff devils on 20:48 - Dec 8 with 4457 viewsmax936

Cardiff devils on 20:47 - Dec 8 by little_britton

I guarantee it

Cardiff devils on 20:49 - Dec 8 with 4454 viewsDarran

I won't be there.

Cardiff devils on 20:50 - Dec 8 with 4446 viewslittle_britton

Cardiff devils on 20:48 - Dec 8 by Darran

Yes get there early and you'll be ok,failing that just park anywhere it's a Sunday night everyone else does.

I'll give you a good tip,when you get inside especially if you've got kids with you,when the teams come out for the warm up make your way down and stand behind the goals for shooting practice,it's great fun seeing a puck flying for your face only to be stopped by the glass screen.

Oh and if you like pizza there's a van outside that sells the best pizzas going,he was voted best pizza in Wales last year.

Thanks darran
Cardiff devils on 20:51 - Dec 8 with 4444 viewsElward

Cardiff devils on 20:48 - Dec 8 by Darran

Even though you know the glass is there it still sh!ts them up!

Even better when you spot people by the glass having a chat not paying attention and you shoot the puck at them, priceless
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff devils on 20:53 - Dec 8 with 4439 viewsDarran

Cardiff devils on 20:50 - Dec 8 by little_britton

Thanks darran

If you stand behind the goals for shooting practice it'll be the highlight of the night.

I've been about 15 times in the last few years and still struggle with the rules though I know what a goal is and that's all that matters.

The Devils goalie Ben Bowns is usually pretty good too.

Cardiff devils on 20:54 - Dec 8 with 4438 viewsDarran

Cardiff devils on 20:51 - Dec 8 by Elward

Even though you know the glass is there it still sh!ts them up!

Even better when you spot people by the glass having a chat not paying attention and you shoot the puck at them, priceless

Great fun mate. Are you still playing?

Cardiff devils on 21:01 - Dec 8 with 4418 viewsElward

Cardiff devils on 20:54 - Dec 8 by Darran

Great fun mate. Are you still playing?

Still playing mate but only rec league these days. After playing for 21 years at different levels, the broken bones, injuries and 6am trainings do start to take it's tole and things don't heal as good as they used to. Only 28 but i guess beer league hockey is better then nothing!
Cardiff devils on 21:01 - Dec 8 with 4417 viewsmajorraglan

It's a great night out and Darren has given you some top pointers. You can park in the car park behind the swimming pool next to the White Water Rafting Centre and the last time we were there they were parking in Morrisons. The new place is very plush compared to the old place, but the old rink had a great atmosphere. Enjoy.
Cardiff devils on 21:03 - Dec 8 with 4413 viewsDarran

Cardiff devils on 21:01 - Dec 8 by Elward

Still playing mate but only rec league these days. After playing for 21 years at different levels, the broken bones, injuries and 6am trainings do start to take it's tole and things don't heal as good as they used to. Only 28 but i guess beer league hockey is better then nothing!

Haha fair point.

Cardiff devils on 21:03 - Dec 8 with 4413 viewsmax936

Cardiff devils on 20:53 - Dec 8 by Darran

If you stand behind the goals for shooting practice it'll be the highlight of the night.

I've been about 15 times in the last few years and still struggle with the rules though I know what a goal is and that's all that matters.

The Devils goalie Ben Bowns is usually pretty good too.

That's hardly surprising innit, you can't get to grips with Rugby

Cardiff devils on 21:04 - Dec 8 with 4410 viewsDarran

Cardiff devils on 21:03 - Dec 8 by max936

That's hardly surprising innit, you can't get to grips with Rugby

I only go for the fights.

Cardiff devils on 22:33 - Dec 8 with 4337 viewsperchrockjack

I'm a storm fan

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Cardiff devils on 23:18 - Dec 8 with 4310 viewsPrivate_Partz

Don't go. Support another ice hockey team. Don't put money into the boil on the arse of Wales that is bleeding us dry.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Cardiff devils on 23:25 - Dec 8 with 4306 viewsairedale

If you can't go in his Bentley, you're welcome to come in my Rolls Canardley.
Cardiff devils on 13:40 - Dec 9 with 4202 viewsbuilthjack

Isnt it tradition to throw teddy bears and soft toys onto the rink after the fIrst goal? Or is that just In the States and Canada?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cardiff devils on 16:27 - Dec 12 with 4119 viewsDarran

How'd it go?

Cardiff devils on 17:39 - Dec 12 with 4086 viewslittle_britton

It went good, we really enjoyed. Not sure I would go every week but would definitely go again, there was a good atmosphere there with the pa man getting everybody going.
Only the one fight though which I thought was a good one but according to the people in front was only handbags
Cardiff devils on 19:59 - Dec 12 with 4042 viewsDarran

Cardiff devils on 17:39 - Dec 12 by little_britton

It went good, we really enjoyed. Not sure I would go every week but would definitely go again, there was a good atmosphere there with the pa man getting everybody going.
Only the one fight though which I thought was a good one but according to the people in front was only handbags

Good to hear.

Cardiff devils on 22:34 - Dec 12 with 3991 viewsLoyal

Cardiff devils on 21:01 - Dec 8 by Elward

Have you had some tasty toe to toes ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Cardiff devils on 08:28 - Dec 13 with 3926 viewsElward

Cardiff devils on 22:34 - Dec 12 by Loyal

Have you had some tasty toe to toes ?

Quite a bit, wouldn't say loads, only about a handfull a season in terms of actually going toe to toe with someone, but as my favoured position is playing defence it does usually entails a lot of quick punches in the corners after tying someone up. Right hand is full of scars and my nose has had a hammering.
Cardiff devils on 09:39 - Dec 13 with 3908 viewsperchrockjack

Biggest disappointment of our Canada trip was not being able to get tickets for the Canadiennes ,not that any of their Hubs fans would speak to us being English speakers

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024