Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dutch election 10:49 - Mar 16 with 3576 viewscontroversial_jack

Well done to the Dutch for rejecting the far right hatred party. That's the Dutch and the Austrians, I just hope the French show the same common sense that us and the Americans have lacked recently.
Dutch election on 10:54 - Mar 16 with 3131 viewsKerouac

The Tories are far-right?
Wishing to be outside of the EU is far-right?
Critical and analytical thinking not your strong point?

The education system in this country has been f*cked for a good while it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Dutch election on 10:58 - Mar 16 with 3125 viewsblueytheblue

If the Dutch rejected it then how come Wilders gained seats? Granted the total number of seats he gained was far less than predicted from the opinion polls, but there's no need to be complacent.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Dutch election on 11:17 - Mar 16 with 3094 viewsKerouac

The story is that;
- the centre-right were forced to move to some of Wilders' positions.
- the far-right are now the 2nd biggest party in the Netherlands.
- the Labour party were destroyed (3/4 of their seats lost
- and the Green party did very well, as did the Dutch equivalent of the Lib Dems.

Politics in the Netherlands has moved further right and polarised...not unlike here, although I would argue that the far-right has very little influence on this country, as opposed to the Netherlands and France.

Dutch election on 18:37 - Mar 16 with 3012 viewscontroversial_jack

Dutch election on 10:54 - Mar 16 by Kerouac

Yes, I would say the Tories are far right, they are certainly not the conservatives of years ago Austerity being a good example. Wishing to be outside the EU is not far right, but the reasons behind it are. Xenophobia and an extreme nationalism is indeed far right
Dutch election on 18:38 - Mar 16 with 3008 viewscontroversial_jack

Dutch election on 11:17 - Mar 16 by Kerouac

The story is that;
- the centre-right were forced to move to some of Wilders' positions.
- the far-right are now the 2nd biggest party in the Netherlands.
- the Labour party were destroyed (3/4 of their seats lost
- and the Green party did very well, as did the Dutch equivalent of the Lib Dems.

Politics in the Netherlands has moved further right and polarised...not unlike here, although I would argue that the far-right has very little influence on this country, as opposed to the Netherlands and France.

But, that's not far right is it?
Dutch election on 18:50 - Mar 16 with 2993 viewslonglostjack

Dutch election on 18:38 - Mar 16 by controversial_jack

But, that's not far right is it?

All this right left stuff is completely outdated. Ideas should be discussed without these stupid labels.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Dutch election on 19:08 - Mar 16 with 2961 viewsDarran

JVZ wanted Wilders to win.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Dutch election on 19:13 - Mar 16 with 2964 viewsLoyal

Dutch election on 19:08 - Mar 16 by Darran

JVZ wanted Wilders to win.

Link ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Dutch election on 19:14 - Mar 16 with 2952 viewsDarran

Dutch election on 19:13 - Mar 16 by Loyal

Link ?

I asked him on twitter and he said he's a topmam.

Dutch election on 19:16 - Mar 16 with 2950 viewsperchrockjack

Topmam

Indeed

I gotta meet this guy.

I ll ask him for whom he voted

I ll have to go to his emporium

Good to see Darran having dialogue with someone he openly and persistently insults

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Dutch election on 19:17 - Mar 16 with 2943 viewsDarran

Dutch election on 19:16 - Mar 16 by perchrockjack

Topmam

Indeed

I gotta meet this guy.

I ll ask him for whom he voted

I ll have to go to his emporium

Good to see Darran having dialogue with someone he openly and persistently insults

By me having dialogue with him it shows him for what he is.

Dutch election on 19:20 - Mar 16 with 2943 viewsLoyal

Dutch election on 19:14 - Mar 16 by Darran

I asked him on twitter and he said he's a topmam.

Politics is personal.
No harm.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Dutch election on 19:20 - Mar 16 with 2941 viewsGravy

Blimey, the Dutch motherland used to be a shining light of tolerance, welcoming open arms and liberalism...

What could have possibly happened over the last 30 years to change that so dramatically?

Edammed if I know eh? 🌈💕👳🏽💣
Dutch election on 19:58 - Mar 16 with 2903 viewslonglostjack

Dutch election on 19:20 - Mar 16 by Gravy

Blimey, the Dutch motherland used to be a shining light of tolerance, welcoming open arms and liberalism...

What could have possibly happened over the last 30 years to change that so dramatically?

Edammed if I know eh? 🌈💕👳🏽💣

He got 13% of the vote - 87% didn't vote for him. Just saying.

Dutch election on 20:24 - Mar 16 with 2884 viewsGravy

Dutch election on 19:58 - Mar 16 by longlostjack

He got 13% of the vote - 87% didn't vote for him. Just saying.

You are spectacularly missing the point ...

Try looking at the wider political vista in the Netherlands in 2017 and compare it to the 70s & 80's
Dutch election on 21:26 - Mar 16 with 2839 viewslonglostjack

Dutch election on 20:24 - Mar 16 by Gravy

You are spectacularly missing the point ...

Try looking at the wider political vista in the Netherlands in 2017 and compare it to the 70s & 80's

Compare California and Silicon Valley today with hippy communes and LSD in the sixties. Your point is ?

Dutch election on 22:08 - Mar 16 with 2807 viewsGravy

Dutch election on 21:26 - Mar 16 by longlostjack

Compare California and Silicon Valley today with hippy communes and LSD in the sixties. Your point is ?

Hiroshima mon amour
Dutch election on 05:57 - Mar 17 with 2746 viewsKilkennyjack

Dutch election on 10:54 - Mar 16 by Kerouac

Yes they are. Horrible nasty spiteful people as well. Bereft of warm human qualities.

Beware of the Risen People

Dutch election on 09:21 - Mar 17 with 2690 viewsperchrockjack

Every single one of them

Who fookn says

We re not talking sein fein here

Dutch election on 13:35 - Mar 17 with 2632 viewsKerouac

Dutch election on 05:57 - Mar 17 by Kilkennyjack

Yes they are. Horrible nasty spiteful people as well. Bereft of warm human qualities.

Take a look in the mirror.

You are the problem.
That statement is both childish and stupid.
If anyone is "extreme" or "far"-anything it is the likes of you.
What have you got to be so bitter about?
You, and I, and all of us are some of the luckiest human beings on the planet. In terms of the World population we have won the lottery thanks to being born here.

The challenges we face in the future will have to be met together, we will need to work together. Different members of our population have different ways of thinking and will have different solutions, it has always been thus.
My own political party has not been in power in my lifetime and will possibly never be...some of our ideas have caught on though and been adopted by the two parties who have ruled.
I don't think anyone who supports (or participates with) either of these parties are "horrible, nasty, spiteful, people".
This attitude is not helpful, it is childish and vindictive.

"bereft of warm human qualities" you say...
Let me tell you something, there is somebody I know who has spent his whole life either working for oil companies or investing other people's money in stocks and shares...he has minimised the tax he has paid all the way and now, in his old age, describes himself as a "communist".
He has no real friends that I can tell keeps in contact with literally nobody from his past.
He spends a good deal of his conversation sneering at the state of the country and the state of the people he meets on his travels...he looks down on most of the working class he claims to care about. When we are in the company of somebody from that kind of background (my own as it goes) I am literally counting down the time before he says some kind of put down designed to go over their heads.
Every interaction is a transaction...if he does somebody a favour he expects his boots licked in return and a favour back down the line...if a favour in return is not forthcoming he holds this against them...meanwhile he doesn't even seem to notice all of the things people do for him.
This person sympathises with Corbyn and sympathises with Welsh independence and is a rabid remainer.
He believes himself to be morally superior to Conservatives.
He discounts my party, the Lib Dems, as somewhat of a joke; "I can't make out what they are for, you're neither one thing nor the other"

However, I must say, he has an awful lot of good qualities as well. He is very well read and we have interesting conversations, he also likes a good drink and can be funny.

People are people, regardless of their politics.
Don't kid yourself that you are somehow superior.

Dutch election on 14:38 - Mar 17 with 2612 viewsperchrockjack

Wow, a coruscating riposte.

You re in fine form K

Can we be chums

And no that s not a bumming reference

Dutch election on 14:52 - Mar 17 with 2606 viewsLohengrin

Dutch election on 14:38 - Mar 17 by perchrockjack

Wow, a coruscating riposte.

You re in fine form K

Can we be chums

And no that s not a bumming reference

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Dutch election on 17:16 - Mar 17 with 2576 viewsexiledclaseboy

Dutch election on 13:35 - Mar 17 by Kerouac

Take a look in the mirror.

You are the problem.
That statement is both childish and stupid.
If anyone is "extreme" or "far"-anything it is the likes of you.
What have you got to be so bitter about?
You, and I, and all of us are some of the luckiest human beings on the planet. In terms of the World population we have won the lottery thanks to being born here.

The challenges we face in the future will have to be met together, we will need to work together. Different members of our population have different ways of thinking and will have different solutions, it has always been thus.
My own political party has not been in power in my lifetime and will possibly never be...some of our ideas have caught on though and been adopted by the two parties who have ruled.
I don't think anyone who supports (or participates with) either of these parties are "horrible, nasty, spiteful, people".
This attitude is not helpful, it is childish and vindictive.

"bereft of warm human qualities" you say...
Let me tell you something, there is somebody I know who has spent his whole life either working for oil companies or investing other people's money in stocks and shares...he has minimised the tax he has paid all the way and now, in his old age, describes himself as a "communist".
He has no real friends that I can tell keeps in contact with literally nobody from his past.
He spends a good deal of his conversation sneering at the state of the country and the state of the people he meets on his travels...he looks down on most of the working class he claims to care about. When we are in the company of somebody from that kind of background (my own as it goes) I am literally counting down the time before he says some kind of put down designed to go over their heads.
Every interaction is a transaction...if he does somebody a favour he expects his boots licked in return and a favour back down the line...if a favour in return is not forthcoming he holds this against them...meanwhile he doesn't even seem to notice all of the things people do for him.
This person sympathises with Corbyn and sympathises with Welsh independence and is a rabid remainer.
He believes himself to be morally superior to Conservatives.
He discounts my party, the Lib Dems, as somewhat of a joke; "I can't make out what they are for, you're neither one thing nor the other"

However, I must say, he has an awful lot of good qualities as well. He is very well read and we have interesting conversations, he also likes a good drink and can be funny.

People are people, regardless of their politics.
Don't kid yourself that you are somehow superior.

You're a LbDem member aren't you? Did you miss 2010-2015 when "your party" was in power as part of the coalition? That's quite some oversight. They had some Secretaries of State and at least one minister in every department. Got quite a bit of their manifesto on the statute books as well in one form or another and did a decent job of reigning in some of the Tory excesses during that period. I'm surprised you're so dismissive of it.

Poll: Tory leader

Dutch election on 17:22 - Mar 17 with 2568 viewslonglostjack

Dutch election on 17:16 - Mar 17 by exiledclaseboy

You're a LbDem member aren't you? Did you miss 2010-2015 when "your party" was in power as part of the coalition? That's quite some oversight. They had some Secretaries of State and at least one minister in every department. Got quite a bit of their manifesto on the statute books as well in one form or another and did a decent job of reigning in some of the Tory excesses during that period. I'm surprised you're so dismissive of it.

What a clown he/she is !
[Post edited 17 Mar 2017 17:23]

Dutch election on 17:36 - Mar 17 with 2553 viewsKerouac

Dutch election on 17:16 - Mar 17 by exiledclaseboy

Yes, and I've said all that before...and was slaughtered for it.
My point was that we have never won a GE and so I am well use to being on the losing side, yet haven't resorted to dismissing the winners as evil Nazi b*astards...but then you knew all that didn't you.
What IS the point.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024