Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rogue One 10:22 - Mar 21 with 3313 viewsjedijack

Watched this last night and thoroughly enjoyed.

Was the first Star Wars film since the original trilogy that proper made me feel like a kid again.

Would recommend any Star Wars fans that haven't seen it yet, not to waste any more time.

10/10
Rogue One on 13:34 - Mar 21 with 3254 viewsdickythorpe

Glad I was a child of the late 70's and 80's and saw the original 3.

To see all the prequels and spin offs some 30-40 years later show what garbage has been served to us in the meantime.

I understand George Lucas wrote volumes of Star Wars stuff but he chose the best 3 in my opinion.

Nothing more than "milking" now and trying to atrract new audiences and play to the "nostalgia" brigade.

What ever next? A film about a talking car? A film about a robot cop? A film about an amateur boxer? A film about a shark? A film about a kangaroo/dog/dolphin/helicopter that solves mysteries?
Rogue One on 13:58 - Mar 21 with 3240 viewsHighjack

Rogue One on 13:34 - Mar 21 by dickythorpe

To see all the prequels and spin offs some 30-40 years later show what garbage has been served to us in the meantime.

I understand George Lucas wrote volumes of Star Wars stuff but he chose the best 3 in my opinion.

Nothing more than "milking" now and trying to atrract new audiences and play to the "nostalgia" brigade.

What ever next? A film about a talking car? A film about a robot cop? A film about an amateur boxer? A film about a shark? A film about a kangaroo/dog/dolphin/helicopter that solves mysteries?

The prequels got far too heavily bogged down in political stuff and made it very boring but there were good parts.

Apparently jar jar binks was originally meant to be a secret Sith Lord but following the outcry they replaced him with count dooku at the last minute.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Rogue One on 14:06 - Mar 21 with 3233 viewsBanosswan

Rogue One on 13:58 - Mar 21 by Highjack

The prequels got far too heavily bogged down in political stuff and made it very boring but there were good parts.

Apparently jar jar binks was originally meant to be a secret Sith Lord but following the outcry they replaced him with count dooku at the last minute.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Rogue One on 18:12 - Mar 21 with 3159 viewsJackSomething

Rogue One on 13:34 - Mar 21 by dickythorpe

He really didn't write volumes. The original film went through many rewrites and changed massively, but he didn't write any other stories. Some of the early drafts are pretty odd. There were rumours he had outlines for 9 films from very early on, but Lucas has changed his story on that many times and only he really knows the truth.

The prequels were garbage to those of us that grew up with the originals, but kids loved them and they made a ton of money, so what do we know?

Unlike the original films, Lucas didn't collaborate with anyone about the scripts. He's never been a good writer and has freely admitted that, but he wasn't willing to compromise this time. CGI had also advanced to a stage he was happy with and employed liberally, hence why the prequels manage to look worse in many ways than films made 20 to 30 years earlier.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Rogue One on 18:22 - Mar 21 with 3153 viewsjojaca

Rogue One on 18:12 - Mar 21 by JackSomething

He really didn't write volumes. The original film went through many rewrites and changed massively, but he didn't write any other stories. Some of the early drafts are pretty odd. There were rumours he had outlines for 9 films from very early on, but Lucas has changed his story on that many times and only he really knows the truth.

The prequels were garbage to those of us that grew up with the originals, but kids loved them and they made a ton of money, so what do we know?

Unlike the original films, Lucas didn't collaborate with anyone about the scripts. He's never been a good writer and has freely admitted that, but he wasn't willing to compromise this time. CGI had also advanced to a stage he was happy with and employed liberally, hence why the prequels manage to look worse in many ways than films made 20 to 30 years earlier.

Im not the biggest of Star wars fans and saw film in Cinema and thought film was a bore. The main female character was too English 'posh' for the role.

Hunt for the wilderpeople is worth a watch, best film of 2016 for me.

Even when you know, you never know?

Rogue One on 20:05 - Mar 21 with 3106 viewsGowerjack

Its a good film

And I'm not a SW fan

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Rogue One on 20:23 - Mar 21 with 3089 viewsexiledclaseboy

Watched it on Saturday. Really enjoyed. CGI Peter Cushing was weird mind. And he sounded suspiciously like one of the doctors in Holby City.

Poll: Tory leader

Rogue One on 20:24 - Mar 21 with 3087 viewsexiledclaseboy

Also, Logan is an excellent film.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Rogue One on 22:59 - Mar 21 with 3023 viewsepaul

Rogue One on 20:24 - Mar 21 by exiledclaseboy

Also, Logan is an excellent film.

Brilliant film watched it on Sat.

As for Star Wars was a 10 year old when it came out and went to watch it all excited etc etc, some how cant get excited for new films they made perhaps its because Ive grown up, sad I guess, yet cant wait to see the Lego batman movie lol

I also remember my mum taking us to see grease at the Castle cinema, the queue was massive but we were the last to get in luckily, loved it as well

Also remember Superman, my dad came up to school to take us out of it as he said relatives were over from Australia and took us to see it

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Rogue One on 23:11 - Mar 21 with 3008 viewsBanosswan

Rogue One on 22:59 - Mar 21 by epaul

Brilliant film watched it on Sat.

As for Star Wars was a 10 year old when it came out and went to watch it all excited etc etc, some how cant get excited for new films they made perhaps its because Ive grown up, sad I guess, yet cant wait to see the Lego batman movie lol

I also remember my mum taking us to see grease at the Castle cinema, the queue was massive but we were the last to get in luckily, loved it as well

Also remember Superman, my dad came up to school to take us out of it as he said relatives were over from Australia and took us to see it

When/where are the 50th parties Paul?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Rogue One on 23:14 - Mar 21 with 3007 viewsepaul

Rogue One on 23:11 - Mar 21 by Banosswan

When/where are the 50th parties Paul?

Haha Ive given the missus explicit instructions no fuss, guess getting older makes you a miserable git

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Rogue One on 23:31 - Mar 21 with 2992 viewsjruss1

I loved Rogue One, it's a film with a lot of fan service and went through huge production changes/re-shoots. When that happens it usually leads to disaster but the movie still came out pretty good. Lacks any character of depth (considering none of them are hanging around not sure it matters too much) at all but is a fun action movie and has the best visuals of any SW movie.

'The Last Jedi' will be in the most interesting SW film released to date. The follow up to The Force Awakens. Rian Johnson is writing and directing. Hes really an 'indie' director who's style doesn't make him an automatic fit for this type of thing. I'm hoping it's Disney starting to take the franchise into new directions, which they have to do if they want to produce one movie a year.

'How Star Wars Conquered The Universe' by Chris Taylor is a great book on the history of SW and covers the Prequels well. Lucas was jealous of Titanic, and earlier than that Jurassic Park. He didn't think Spielberg could pull it off. He wanted his name back up in lights.

He was motivated by CGI, not story or characters. The original Phantom Menance had potential. Jar-Jar wasn't a Sith Lord, but he was a warrior thrown out into exile by his own people for being too 'extreme'. However, Lucas decided it was all too dark and started changing things. The scripts for Attack of the Clones and Revengeof the Sith were rushed and written last minute. Both films were well into pre-production before 95% of the people involed had seen a page of it. When you mix these elements with Lucas inability to direct and his obession with special effects...you get the Prequels. I'm convinced Disney will never make a SW film that bad.
Rogue One on 07:42 - Mar 22 with 2924 viewsProfessor

Rogue One on 20:23 - Mar 21 by exiledclaseboy

Watched it on Saturday. Really enjoyed. CGI Peter Cushing was weird mind. And he sounded suspiciously like one of the doctors in Holby City.

It is the guy who is Hansen in Holby City. He played Tarkin on set and spoke the lines. Peer Cushing was CGI over this.
Rogue One on 08:18 - Mar 22 with 2907 viewsSTID2017

Was that on Kodi ?
If so was a good stream in English ?
Missus wants to see this

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Rogue One on 08:20 - Mar 22 with 2905 viewsSTID2017

Rogue One on 20:23 - Mar 21 by exiledclaseboy

Was it the Autistic / Aspergers one ?
I really like him (Hanson) - he's very understated and funny
Also so the Autistic / Aspergers one in Casualty

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024