Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MLS 06:33 - Apr 9 with 5014 viewsCanaDale

Went to my first MLS game tonight, Toronto FC vs Atlanta. It is a very different experience to football back in England, I don't know if anyone has taken in an MLS game, they have fireworks before the teams come out to the field and after a goal, or at least TFC do. Fans are allowed to drink beer in the stands, and are treated as people, and as such the atmosphere felt really relaxed and passionate, the atmosphere was probably better than in some PL grounds, particularly once the Icelandic clap went around the stadium. Chilling. As for the game, there was a few good moments, mainly from the US captain, Bradley, but, I have seen just as good a football at Spotland, some of Dales passing could rival what I saw tonight. All in all an enjoyable night, and wanted to share the experience with you.

[Post edited 9 Apr 2017 7:48]
MLS on 09:37 - Apr 9 with 4957 viewsmacro

I'm sure it was Toronto who were managed by ex Ipswich player frank yallop at one point.
MLS on 10:08 - Apr 9 with 4936 viewsTVOS1907

Is it as good as German football?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

MLS on 12:16 - Apr 9 with 4861 viewspioneer

MLS on 09:37 - Apr 9 by macro

I'm sure it was Toronto who were managed by ex Ipswich player frank yallop at one point.

Yallop was on the west coast at San Jose. Toronto suffered with Paul Mariner! Tokok them 10 years and probably a dozen managers to qualify for play offs.

I usally get to two or three games a season on my trips over. They have built up the stadium at Toronto nicely and the team is now quite good to watch with Giovinco, bradley and altidore in the team. Got to final last year, lost to Dempseys Seattle on penalties in a game Seattle recorded 0 shots on goal. Like Dale yesterday!
MLS on 14:44 - Apr 9 with 4804 viewsArthurDaley

Will you be giving the Wolfpack a go when they start playing.

A large VAT Dave

MLS on 15:38 - Apr 9 with 4764 viewsdavidab2202

Visited Atlantic last autumn,appreciate that American Football will be played in the stadium as well as "Soccer",but new stadium under construction is absolutely huge probably in the 80/90 thousand capacity.Perhaps a sign of the "throwaway mentality "but stadium being demolished was possibly only built in the last 20 years or so.
MLS on 16:19 - Apr 9 with 4724 viewsCanaDale

MLS on 12:16 - Apr 9 by pioneer

Yallop was on the west coast at San Jose. Toronto suffered with Paul Mariner! Tokok them 10 years and probably a dozen managers to qualify for play offs.

I usally get to two or three games a season on my trips over. They have built up the stadium at Toronto nicely and the team is now quite good to watch with Giovinco, bradley and altidore in the team. Got to final last year, lost to Dempseys Seattle on penalties in a game Seattle recorded 0 shots on goal. Like Dale yesterday!

Giovinco looked like a real handful, he looks tiny though, full of pace however. I did hear he was linked with clubs in Europe briefly. Michael Bradley was one of the few players who looked comfortable on the ball under pressure, will be interesting to see how Schweinsteiger performs when TFC are back at BMO.
MLS on 16:55 - Apr 9 with 4694 viewsmacro

MLS on 12:16 - Apr 9 by pioneer

I knew it was an ex Ipswich player at Toronto. I'm sure someone like Danny Dichio played for then as well.
MLS on 20:57 - Apr 9 with 4605 viewsCanaDale

MLS on 16:55 - Apr 9 by macro

I knew it was an ex Ipswich player at Toronto. I'm sure someone like Danny Dichio played for then as well.

He did, he scored the first goal at BMO.
Login to get fewer ads

MLS on 21:02 - Apr 9 with 4600 viewsCanaDale

MLS on 14:44 - Apr 9 by ArthurDaley

Will you be giving the Wolfpack a go when they start playing.

Is that the rugby team they entered into the English League or something? That'll be a hell of a commute. Probably won't bother with that, I was going to take in a leafs game, but it's madly expensive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024