Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City's greatest ever player 17:26 - May 28 with 8792 viewsSPboy

It's official voted for by the fans

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/your-greatest-ever-swansea-city-1310

Swansea City's greatest ever player on 01:43 - May 29 with 1779 viewsHumpty

Tommy Hutchinson.

He'd piss all over Ivor Allchurch, who I have never seen kick a ball, any day of the week.
Swansea City's greatest ever player on 08:52 - May 29 with 1740 viewsperchrockjack

A good laugh to start the day hump.

I think I ll open my train set

Fair play ,son

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea City's greatest ever player on 10:47 - May 29 with 1714 viewsSPboy

Swansea City's greatest ever player on 01:26 - May 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Semantics. When I mentioned the likes of Aguero I meant it in a more general sense of ability and general impact who you seem to regard as world class players, I'm sure you didn't mention that in context of any particular position????

It's embarrassing because bonafide Swansea legends like James and Allchurch and played more than three seasons. And both had a better allround game than Siggy

Ah! So you are talking about Swansea born players then? Because neither Robbie nor Ivor played & delivered at the top level for 3 seasons in the top league in this country for the Swans - unlike Siggy who has delivered every season in the PL for the Swans

Perhaps it was only the idiot youngsters who know nothing about football that voted for Siggy then
Swansea City's greatest ever player on 11:27 - May 29 with 1702 viewsBloodyhills

Well, Swansea have had much better players than Siggi. I guess it depends on the era people have seen.

For me it's probably Robbie James.

Love Leon though and loved the toughness of Ante Rajkovic, arguably the best defender we've had.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Swansea City's greatest ever player on 11:39 - May 29 with 1693 viewsSlugster664

Swansea City's greatest ever player on 20:31 - May 28 by SPboy

I am not sure what some of you mean by embarrassing??

Ivor - not old enough to pass comment on him

Curtis - fantastic smooth skills. Scored a lot of goals in the old Div 4, 3, 2, then left us for Leeds. Never really cut it there & got a bit homesick. Returned to us & did ok but struggled to impose himself in the old Div 1. We were relegated after 2 seasons in the top league then off he went again, peaked with us

Robbie - fantastic powerhouse of a man & an incredible work rate & goalscorer for a mid-fielder. Made his name for us like Curt in the lower divisions and more than held his own in the old Div 1 with the best in the country

Leon - what can we say - genius with the ball at his feet & great skills. A true great in every league that he has graced for US. Looked very ordinary at Sheff Utd as he watched the ball overhead continually by-pass him. Loved by us but not always recognised outside of Swansea for his skillset

Siggy - has pulled it off for us for over 3 seasons. Consistently our best goal creator & scorer and one of the few players in our squad coveted by clubs above us. It seems that 2 or 3 names on this forum are trying to discredit him for petty points scoring purposes. Take off the old glasses and enjoy him while he is still wearing our shirt ffs. One of our finest in the toughest league - has more than held his own in a league with some of the best players in the world

Didn't Siggy leave us and not cut it with another club 🤔...I like him btw

STID

Swansea City's greatest ever player on 09:02 - May 31 with 1614 viewsMillie

Swansea City's greatest ever player on 17:56 - May 28 by Brynmill_Jack

I wholeheartedly agree about the embarrassing part but would put Robbie a whisker above Ivor .

I would too only because I never saw Ivor play. that's why the poll is flawed
Swansea City's greatest ever player on 12:12 - May 31 with 1572 viewsSmileyBwoi

my 2% of the vote is there i voted ROGER FREESTONE

Poll: Who should we sign in January?

Swansea City's greatest ever player on 21:41 - May 31 with 1538 viewsCambJack

"Lee trundle scored in what was then known as the liberty stadium"

What's it called now then?

Also not sure who calls Sigurdsson "the Iceland" it's hardly an inventive nickname. Have they got a work experience kid writing articles now?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024