Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn to take part tonight 12:32 - May 31 with 31171 viewsJango

Could be what decides the outcome either way
Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:27 - May 31 with 1382 viewsJack_Meoff

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:24 - May 31 by blueytheblue

A wise strategy. Debating like that isn't her strong point.

You added the words 'like that' to your post by mistake bluey.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:29 - May 31 with 1375 viewsEbo

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:22 - May 31 by blueytheblue

When did TV debates become part of running the company?

The aim of them isn't to educate the public. It's to have a slanging match for ratings.

You've only got to look at the US debates, christ Trump was deliberately stalking Clinton at times... ours are a tad more civilised but tonight was an absolute clusterf*ck.

I prefer the interview with Neil approach. Far calmer environment, no interruptions from audience, leaders being allowed to get points across whilst Neil allows them to hang themselves, Neil skewering them.

I can't see anyone claiming that tonights "debate" led to any relevations, wasn't a mudslinging debacle or indeed was a debate.

FFS, we're British not American...

Bluey, a vast proportion of the country would have watched that tonight. A lot of those people would have been influenced either way. It's a massive chance to reach people.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:29 - May 31 with 1371 viewsrock1n

Twitter is over represented by lefties, it naturally attracts fruit cakes including more right wing types - unemployed corbynistas spend hrs re-tweeting all sorts of crap thinking they're going to win a landslide everyone else is getting on with their lives

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:29 - May 31 with 1371 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:24 - May 31 by blueytheblue

A wise strategy. Debating like that isn't her strong point.

What would you say her strong points are?

Poll: Tory leader

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:31 - May 31 with 1362 viewsblueytheblue

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:29 - May 31 by Ebo

Bluey, a vast proportion of the country would have watched that tonight. A lot of those people would have been influenced either way. It's a massive chance to reach people.

Wait till the ratings come in before saying that...

If you're a floating voter or someone looking to maybe vote for first time, you'd have seen nothing more than a bunch of people squabbling, talking over each other etc.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:32 - May 31 with 1358 viewsJack_Meoff

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:29 - May 31 by rock1n

Twitter is over represented by lefties, it naturally attracts fruit cakes including more right wing types - unemployed corbynistas spend hrs re-tweeting all sorts of crap thinking they're going to win a landslide everyone else is getting on with their lives

Your generalisations are funny. Everything so cut and dried, black and white. No wonder you're a Swans fan.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:33 - May 31 with 1357 viewsswanjackal

So basically, every person who was going to vote for a set side regardless of what was said (which was very little) thinks their representative was the best on the night. Well, I never could see that happening.

I have witnessed quite a few debates in the past, and this shift to Jerry Springer-esque shout offs is quite possibly why this country is fecked. Politicians who can't think on their feet, shout meaningless drivel to stop people talking, and rely on soundbites to get a cheap applause.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:33 - May 31 with 1357 viewsrock1n

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:32 - May 31 by Jack_Meoff

Your generalisations are funny. Everything so cut and dried, black and white. No wonder you're a Swans fan.

Because they're true.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:34 - May 31 with 1346 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:31 - May 31 by blueytheblue

Wait till the ratings come in before saying that...

If you're a floating voter or someone looking to maybe vote for first time, you'd have seen nothing more than a bunch of people squabbling, talking over each other etc.

At a guess, I'd say around 6-7m watched that tonight. A not inconsiderable voter reach.

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:35 - May 31 with 1340 viewsrock1n

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:33 - May 31 by swanjackal

So basically, every person who was going to vote for a set side regardless of what was said (which was very little) thinks their representative was the best on the night. Well, I never could see that happening.

I have witnessed quite a few debates in the past, and this shift to Jerry Springer-esque shout offs is quite possibly why this country is fecked. Politicians who can't think on their feet, shout meaningless drivel to stop people talking, and rely on soundbites to get a cheap applause.

Well personally I thought Caroline Lucas was the best, Corbyn was decent and Rudd handled her own.

Leanne was Leanne, Nuttall was Nuttall and Angus Robertson was his usual dour, depressing, holier than thou self.

Lucas on points, with Corbyn in 2nd place.

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:35 - May 31 with 1340 viewsDarran

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:29 - May 31 by Ebo

I don't think many people will have changed their minds over that shit.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:37 - May 31 with 1322 viewsblueytheblue

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:34 - May 31 by exiledclaseboy

At a guess, I'd say around 6-7m watched that tonight. A not inconsiderable voter reach.

About 2.7m the other night, although that was up against Britain's not got talent.

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:37 - May 31 with 1321 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:35 - May 31 by rock1n

Well personally I thought Caroline Lucas was the best, Corbyn was decent and Rudd handled her own.

Leanne was Leanne, Nuttall was Nuttall and Angus Robertson was his usual dour, depressing, holier than thou self.

I cam go along with most of that. Most casual voters/viewers will of course have been wondering why the prime minister wasn't there when everyone else was.

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:37 - May 31 with 1320 viewsrock1n

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:35 - May 31 by Darran

I don't think many people will have changed their minds over that shit.

I agree with you, they never produce a knock out too much noise.

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:37 - May 31 with 1315 viewsMeraki

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:38 - May 31 with 1304 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:37 - May 31 by blueytheblue

About 2.7m the other night, although that was up against Britain's not got talent.

And it was on C4/Sky News. Not comparing like for like.

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:38 - May 31 with 1297 viewsEbo

I just learned that Amber Rudd lost her father on Monday yet was still sent to a live TV debate. That is utterly inexcusable. Show's the depths that May will sink to.

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:38 - May 31 with 1297 viewsswanjackal

I thought Lucas was identical to every single appearance she makes, soundbites after soundbite. Nobody challenges her, as she is irrelevant, so hard to actually gauge what she is like. Her arguments are equivalent to that of a sixth form student.

I perosnally learned zero from the experience, other than novbody lets the other person speak.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:39 - May 31 with 1294 viewsJack_Meoff

Won't argue with that, in fairness. Thought Rudd handled herself well under the circumstances. Fave bit of the evening was when Lucas enquired to Rudd about our arms deals to Saudi. That particular 'elephant in the room' has to be addressed at some point, surely.
[Post edited 31 May 2017 21:40]

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:40 - May 31 with 1290 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:38 - May 31 by Ebo

I just learned that Amber Rudd lost her father on Monday yet was still sent to a live TV debate. That is utterly inexcusable. Show's the depths that May will sink to.

"Brave Amber savaged by mob of unwashed lefties despite grief over dead dad".

Dailys Mail and /or Express tomorrow.

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:40 - May 31 with 1287 viewsblueytheblue

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:38 - May 31 by exiledclaseboy

And it was on C4/Sky News. Not comparing like for like.

C4 is also freeview, so it's as like for like as you can get.

I get the point you'd expect more to watch because it's the BBC but I suspect people are underestimating how disengaged most of the public are with politics - and the shouting match that occurred tonight isn't going to help that.

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:41 - May 31 with 1282 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:40 - May 31 by blueytheblue

C4 is also freeview, so it's as like for like as you can get.

I get the point you'd expect more to watch because it's the BBC but I suspect people are underestimating how disengaged most of the public are with politics - and the shouting match that occurred tonight isn't going to help that.

Your guess for tonight's rating figure then?

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:41 - May 31 with 1281 viewsEbo

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:40 - May 31 by exiledclaseboy

"Brave Amber savaged by mob of unwashed lefties despite grief over dead dad".

Dailys Mail and /or Express tomorrow.

You are James Slack and I claim my £10

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:42 - May 31 with 1275 viewsblueytheblue

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:38 - May 31 by Ebo

It was announced Rudd would do it before then, I seem to recall.

You seem to act like Rudd has no free will; I assume you've evidence that the final decision was out of Rudd's hands?

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:43 - May 31 with 1273 viewsrock1n

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:38 - May 31 by swanjackal

I thought Lucas was identical to every single appearance she makes, soundbites after soundbite. Nobody challenges her, as she is irrelevant, so hard to actually gauge what she is like. Her arguments are equivalent to that of a sixth form student.

I perosnally learned zero from the experience, other than novbody lets the other person speak.

Yes, I absolutely agree with you.

But I'm coming from the basis of what 'sells' in this format. She is articulate, likable and yes has good soundbites.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024