Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FOO FIGHTERS 23:43 - Jun 24 with 4847 viewsItchySphincter

Showing Radiohead what a festival crowd wants, and Dave Grohl only used one guitar.

Ketty Perry was good too.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

FOO FIGHTERS on 00:29 - Jun 25 with 1248 viewsPrivate_Partz

FOO FIGHTERS on 00:21 - Jun 25 by Pokerface

Foo Fighters... instantly forgettable songs.

Boring. Lead singer has a decent voice. But very poor material. Wall of bland noise.

I would be gutted to be there for that.

Other musical tastes are available.

Yep. Apart from that star thingy hit they had I thought it was all noise.
Best part for me was when each member of the band did a solo to prove they could play and not just when it was full on volume.
Grohl is a good geezer though with a decent sense of humour so I can't help but like him. I feel the same about Robbie effing Williams as well though ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

FOO FIGHTERS on 00:30 - Jun 25 with 1244 viewsEbo

FOO FIGHTERS on 00:28 - Jun 25 by Professor

Thundercat
He is a brilliant multi instrumentalist. That bass will s awesome

That's the fella. One of those bands you just stumble over whilst wandering around the site and come away thinking wow!

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

FOO FIGHTERS on 00:32 - Jun 25 with 1234 viewsProfessor

FOO FIGHTERS on 00:30 - Jun 25 by Ebo

That's the fella. One of those bands you just stumble over whilst wandering around the site and come away thinking wow!

They play thundercat on 6 music. Not my thing but a great talent
FOO FIGHTERS on 00:33 - Jun 25 with 1231 viewsEbo

This place will go into meltdown when ginger b*llocks plays tomorrow night

FOO FIGHTERS on 00:35 - Jun 25 with 1225 viewsJango

FOO FIGHTERS on 00:29 - Jun 25 by Ebo

The crowd didn't complain and as a Radiohead fan they played everything I more or less expected them to play.

As Ed O'Brien said "We are not headlining, we are just a part of a massive and fantastic cultural festival where you have to leave your ego at the door".

Grohl was w*nking over his own ego tonight with how many f*cks he could get in.

Lead singer of a rock band swearing, ban him for life! Headlining Glastonbury you're playing to more than just die hard Radiohead fans tho. As I said it was quite mesmerising at times and the crowd seemed to stick with them. Wasn't until they played the big hits right at the end that crowd really came alive tho and wasn't a patch on the atmosphere created by the Foo's tonight.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 0:39]
FOO FIGHTERS on 00:35 - Jun 25 with 1225 viewsItchySphincter

FOO FIGHTERS on 00:21 - Jun 25 by Ebo

You just don't get it do you?

If they had carried on doing bends stuff they would have been finished years ago, instead they have experimented and become a better band for it.

Kid A pisses all over Pablo Honey IMHO

Respectfully, that's bullshit.

Are you trying to tell me their recent catalogue gained them headliner status? Past glories, a decent headliner set over a decade ago and a handful of decent early albums got them there and in the end carried them home last night.

Devo or Talking Heads would've been an equally good headliner last night.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 0:37]

FOO FIGHTERS on 00:40 - Jun 25 with 1211 viewsEbo

FOO FIGHTERS on 00:35 - Jun 25 by ItchySphincter

Respectfully, that's bullshit.

Are you trying to tell me their recent catalogue gained them headliner status? Past glories, a decent headliner set over a decade ago and a handful of decent early albums got them there and in the end carried them home last night.

Devo or Talking Heads would've been an equally good headliner last night.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 0:37]

Their latest output has sold millions, they sell out every show, they are a bigger band now than they were the last time they headlined. That's why they headline.

Foos are no different in that respect, just that Radiohead leave their egos outside the festival.

FOO FIGHTERS on 00:41 - Jun 25 with 1210 viewsPokerface

FOO FIGHTERS on 00:33 - Jun 25 by Ebo

This place will go into meltdown when ginger b*llocks plays tomorrow night

He can hold a tune.

Rock Headliners should be up there with likes of -

ACDC, The Who, Pink Floyd, Queen, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Def Leppard not friggin foofighters. Very poor.

I am not a Radiohead fan, but they were better than tonights show.

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

Login to get fewer ads

FOO FIGHTERS on 00:43 - Jun 25 with 1202 viewsItchySphincter

FOO FIGHTERS on 00:40 - Jun 25 by Ebo

Their latest output has sold millions, they sell out every show, they are a bigger band now than they were the last time they headlined. That's why they headline.

Foos are no different in that respect, just that Radiohead leave their egos outside the festival.

Pretty much exactly the opposite is true, regarding egos.

FOO FIGHTERS on 00:47 - Jun 25 with 1191 viewsTummer_from_Texas

FOO FIGHTERS on 00:35 - Jun 25 by Jango

Lead singer of a rock band swearing, ban him for life! Headlining Glastonbury you're playing to more than just die hard Radiohead fans tho. As I said it was quite mesmerising at times and the crowd seemed to stick with them. Wasn't until they played the big hits right at the end that crowd really came alive tho and wasn't a patch on the atmosphere created by the Foo's tonight.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 0:39]

At least they played the big hits. Last time I saw them (In Rainbows tour), they didn't even play Creep.

Was still a great show, though.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

FOO FIGHTERS on 12:03 - Jun 25 with 1072 viewsOnslow

Not sure if anyone saw Maggie Rogers. Folksy songs with a bit of dance. Beautiful harmonies. But probably not a rock fans cuppa

She keeps passin' me by...

FOO FIGHTERS on 12:14 - Jun 25 with 1059 viewsbuilthjack

The better show was at Wembley last night

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

FOO FIGHTERS on 12:23 - Jun 25 with 1055 viewsGowerjack

FOO FIGHTERS on 00:41 - Jun 25 by Pokerface

He can hold a tune.

Rock Headliners should be up there with likes of -

ACDC, The Who, Pink Floyd, Queen, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Def Leppard not friggin foofighters. Very poor.

I am not a Radiohead fan, but they were better than tonights show.

Def Leppard....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

FOO FIGHTERS on 12:30 - Jun 25 with 1049 viewsdailew

Poorest line-up at Glasto for years.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

FOO FIGHTERS on 13:14 - Jun 25 with 1019 viewsyogibear_412

Foo fighters are a festivals dream...loud with attitude but I wonder how they would have got on if Grohl hadn't been in Nirvana. They got a few decent tracks but compared to Radiohead it was just background music whilst I got on with something. Radiohead makes me think and ok computer reminds me of times before Facebook, twitter and smartphones. I miss those times now.
FOO FIGHTERS on 13:22 - Jun 25 with 1011 viewsDarran

When Mr Grohl wants someone to lay down a solo for him he gets the master in to do it.

Fast forward to 9:10 and learn something cockheads.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FOO FIGHTERS on 15:34 - Jun 25 with 948 viewsDr_Winston

The Foos are a great singles band. The albums have a fair amount of filler.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

FOO FIGHTERS on 15:56 - Jun 25 with 924 viewsItchySphincter

FOO FIGHTERS on 15:34 - Jun 25 by Dr_Winston

The Foos are a great singles band. The albums have a fair amount of filler.

I think that's probably true but it's what makes them a great festival act.

Glastonbury is not a Foo Fighters gig so they played to the festival crowd a gave them a hits set, fair enough I think. If you want deep cuts go see them on tour. Radiohead took advantage of the captive audience and lost a lot of casual fans in the process. Talk about huge egos..... zzzzz

FOO FIGHTERS on 16:36 - Jun 25 with 903 viewsEbo

FOO FIGHTERS on 15:56 - Jun 25 by ItchySphincter

Glastonbury is not a Foo Fighters gig so they played to the festival crowd a gave them a hits set, fair enough I think. If you want deep cuts go see them on tour. Radiohead took advantage of the captive audience and lost a lot of casual fans in the process. Talk about huge egos..... zzzzz

Radiohead are not a 'hit's' band and never will be. Creep was their only real greatest 'hit'. If they played the hits only it would have been a very short set.

FOO FIGHTERS on 16:39 - Jun 25 with 902 viewsdickythorpe

FOO FIGHTERS on 12:03 - Jun 25 by Onslow

Not sure if anyone saw Maggie Rogers. Folksy songs with a bit of dance. Beautiful harmonies. But probably not a rock fans cuppa

A nice acoustic version of "Oi" she does Ons.
FOO FIGHTERS on 17:06 - Jun 25 with 891 viewsDr_Winston

FOO FIGHTERS on 15:56 - Jun 25 by ItchySphincter

Undoubtedly.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

FOO FIGHTERS on 17:29 - Jun 25 with 872 viewsTummer_from_Texas

FOO FIGHTERS on 13:22 - Jun 25 by Darran

When Mr Grohl wants someone to lay down a solo for him he gets the master in to do it.

Fast forward to 9:10 and learn something cockheads.

Class act. He and Taylor Hawkins did a great job with Rush's Hall of Fame induction a few years ago.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

FOO FIGHTERS on 17:42 - Jun 25 with 861 viewsEbo

FOO FIGHTERS on 17:06 - Jun 25 by Dr_Winston

Undoubtedly.

Lost a lot of casual fans hahaha jesus....

FOO FIGHTERS on 18:42 - Jun 25 with 836 viewsItchySphincter

FOO FIGHTERS on 16:36 - Jun 25 by Ebo

Radiohead are not a 'hit's' band and never will be. Creep was their only real greatest 'hit'. If they played the hits only it would have been a very short set.

I know their fans see themselves as too highbrow but at the end of the day they are a hits band and that is why they are headlining. I agree Creep is a horrible song, never liked and wouldn't care if I never heard it again but at the end of the day it's their Teen Spirit or Final Countdown. Lol. Doesn't matter how much they try to pretend that it isn't.

FOO FIGHTERS on 18:51 - Jun 25 with 833 viewsexiledclaseboy

FOO FIGHTERS on 18:42 - Jun 25 by ItchySphincter

I know their fans see themselves as too highbrow but at the end of the day they are a hits band and that is why they are headlining. I agree Creep is a horrible song, never liked and wouldn't care if I never heard it again but at the end of the day it's their Teen Spirit or Final Countdown. Lol. Doesn't matter how much they try to pretend that it isn't.

Didn't they get sued for plagiarism fir Creep? I've never seen the attraction of Radiohead personally but each to their own.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024