Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Rake and Riddle 19:52 - Jun 29 with 4212 viewsdickythorpe

Anyone been there for a meal? Looks like a lot has been spent on it.
The Rake and Riddle on 20:23 - Jun 29 with 4176 viewsPrivate_Partz

Yep a lot of money spent. Last time I was there the sports bar upstairs had not opened. It has a big resteraunt downstairs which can get crowded and I think they are working on the air conditioning as it got quite hot the last time I was there.
The food is good and reasonably priced without being exceptional. Very similar to the Greyhound foodwise. There must be still some connection with them as the range of Gower ales are on sale.
It's pretty goood with a massive car park and I think they will be opening a large outside area as well. It might very well be open now but it was a wip when I was there.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Rake and Riddle on 20:47 - Jun 29 with 4139 viewsdickythorpe

I have heard the former Greyhound owners are in charge hence the Gower Gold et al on tap.
I remember it as the "Berthlwyd" back in the 90's
It's good to see so many nice places to eat and drink in Gower.
I tried the Purple Badger 18 months ago and found that very pleasant.

The Railway in Penclawdd appears to be "transformed'
The Rake and Riddle on 22:21 - Jun 29 with 4052 viewslifelong

The Rake and Riddle on 20:47 - Jun 29 by dickythorpe

I have heard the former Greyhound owners are in charge hence the Gower Gold et al on tap.

Had good reports about the Rake and Riddle but not been there personally, had a meal in the Kingbridge, Gorseinon, last week, it was very good.. it's very popular lately.
The Rake and Riddle on 22:22 - Jun 29 with 4050 viewsDyfnant

If you like steak, go to Joiners in Three Crosses

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

The Rake and Riddle on 08:13 - Jun 30 with 3950 viewsYossarian

Decent food, friendly service, separate bar next to the food and more choice upstairs and outside.
Apparently the people behind this venture came from the Greyhound because of the increase in rent. Apparently they're renting this on a 25 year lease and have spent their own money on renovating it- so they've got to make a lot of money to make it worthwhile. I think they deserve to be supported. The Railway has been resurrected (remember it as a kid) and even the Royal Oak has had an overhaul- but I wouldn't go there because I value my personal safety and wouldn't want to risk being in the wrong place at the wrong time....

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

The Rake and Riddle on 08:42 - Jun 30 with 3926 viewsPegojack

Where are these hostelries of which you gentlemen speak?
The Rake and Riddle on 10:04 - Jun 30 with 3886 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

Good food,and service. One complaint. It was very noisy there, due, I'd say, to the bare walls, in the back room.
The Rake and Riddle on 11:32 - Jun 30 with 3845 viewsYossarian

The Rake and Riddle on 08:42 - Jun 30 by Pegojack

Where are these hostelries of which you gentlemen speak?

Penclawdd my friend

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Login to get fewer ads

The Rake and Riddle on 11:38 - Jun 30 with 3827 viewsswanjackal

I had to double take at the name through weary eyes then. I thought Rolf Harris and Stuart Hall had set up a pub locally then... "Rape and Fiddle".

Mistake was quickly corrected when putting on my glasses.....as you were.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

The Rake and Riddle on 17:09 - Jun 30 with 3680 viewsmax936

The Berthlwyd was a cracking eaterie then, it was always packed.

I enjoy a pint of Gower Gold, but I refuse to drink it these days for the reason's I've previously said.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Rake and Riddle on 01:26 - Jul 1 with 3543 viewsTheArtChappy

The Rake and Riddle on 17:09 - Jun 30 by max936

I enjoy a pint of Gower Gold, but I refuse to drink it these days for the reason's I've previously said.

The crofty is very nice

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

The Rake and Riddle on 09:22 - Jul 1 with 3487 viewsStarsky

Anyone used to go to the Swn y mor back in thr day?

I did the Gower challenge once

It's just the internet, init.

The Rake and Riddle on 21:15 - Jul 1 with 3413 viewsDan_Swan

The Rake and Riddle on 09:22 - Jul 1 by Starsky

Anyone used to go to the Swn y mor back in thr day?

I did the Gower challenge once

Remember the Swn Y Mor very well, tidy pub that and that meal was something else, think it was called the Gower Giant?

Pub closed around 12 years ago and the land went up for sale in the last few days....

Still following Dr's orders!

The Rake and Riddle on 23:52 - Jul 1 with 3358 viewsmajorraglan

There are lots of IPA's and golden ales about at the moment, as an alternative you may want to try SA Gold or Old Golden Hen, I find these very palatable and they are currently my preferred tipples of choice.
The Rake and Riddle on 00:06 - Jul 2 with 3348 viewsGowerjack

The Rake and Riddle on 08:13 - Jun 30 by Yossarian

Decent food, friendly service, separate bar next to the food and more choice upstairs and outside.
Apparently the people behind this venture came from the Greyhound because of the increase in rent. Apparently they're renting this on a 25 year lease and have spent their own money on renovating it- so they've got to make a lot of money to make it worthwhile. I think they deserve to be supported. The Railway has been resurrected (remember it as a kid) and even the Royal Oak has had an overhaul- but I wouldn't go there because I value my personal safety and wouldn't want to risk being in the wrong place at the wrong time....

We played a gig at the Royal Oak a few weeks ago, it was a really friendly place with a lovely landlady.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The Rake and Riddle on 10:41 - Jul 2 with 3289 viewsmax936

The Rake and Riddle on 23:52 - Jul 1 by majorraglan

There are lots of IPA's and golden ales about at the moment, as an alternative you may want to try SA Gold or Old Golden Hen, I find these very palatable and they are currently my preferred tipples of choice.

Ive done most of them round these parts, vast variety available, in the Pilot, Ale House and The Queens, lovely pint of Glamorgan Pale Ale in Ale House yesterday I tried my best to empty the barrel, Mumbles Gold at the Pilot was very nice to, had a couple in the Queens to finish off;
There was a Welsh Actor enjoying a couple of light ales in the Ale house yesterday Robert Pugh

The Rake and Riddle on 11:56 - Jul 2 with 3264 viewsDarran

Max mingling with the stars. 👀

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Rake and Riddle on 12:02 - Jul 2 with 3256 viewsmax936

The Rake and Riddle on 11:56 - Jul 2 by Darran

Max mingling with the stars. 👀

Nope I just happened to be there at the time, I didn't bother the Gentleman though he was enjoying his leisure time with a pint and friends, you would have been all over him like a rash and boring him with stories about Cheap Trick
[Post edited 2 Jul 2017 12:05]

The Rake and Riddle on 18:51 - Jul 2 with 3173 viewsYossarian

The Rake and Riddle on 00:06 - Jul 2 by Gowerjack

We played a gig at the Royal Oak a few weeks ago, it was a really friendly place with a lovely landlady.

The landlady ain't the problem.....

The Rake and Riddle on 22:57 - Jul 2 with 3114 viewsdobjack2

Gower gold like the swans will never be the same.

F*cking c*nts
The Rake and Riddle on 23:04 - Jul 2 with 3102 viewsmax936

The Rake and Riddle on 22:57 - Jul 2 by dobjack2

Gower gold like the swans will never be the same.

F*cking c*nts

Spot on.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024