Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boudebouz 10:01 - Aug 2 with 19854 viewsAussieSwan

Apparently we're favourites according to WalesOnline (take it with a pinch of salt, I know), but if it's true that 8.5m is enough to get him then we are mad not to make an offer

In today's market - £8.5m is a bargain. Especially when players like Jeff Schlupp and Jacob Murphy are going for £12m each. There's a lot of value to be had with other leagues, given how obscene British-to-British club transfers are.

I'd like the guy to come to us whether Gylfi stays or goes. We need to invest in the first team and strengthen what we already have.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bookmakers-swansea-cit

Apparently we tried to sign him as a 21 year-old too
https://www.eyefootball.com/news/9817/Swansea-approach-Ryad-Boudebouz.html

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Boudebouz on 16:21 - Aug 2 with 3040 viewsProfessor

Boudebouz on 15:49 - Aug 2 by Tummer_from_Texas

If that was such an irrefutable fact, it would seem like the Sigurdsson deal would have been completed a month or two ago.

Agreed. There is more money to be made from a PL club in the longer term than selling one player to achieve a 'dividend'. The owners have made mistakes but appear to be learning. Commercial improvement, better website etc. all needed to expand a 'brand' . I expect they will tighten up the club as business , expand markets and revenues and sell for a profit. Nothing wrong with that-it's business.

In the meantime we are run to make a profit. Wages are the big financial drain. That's where most money goes. If/when Sigurdsson goes we will purchase some players that are hopefully better than those in recent years-the January signings excepted.

We don't have a wealthy owner splashing the cash-we are being run as business. The biggest problem I see is that HuW Jenkins et al lost sight of the basics and thought they were some football genius. We got lucky with Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup. Sousa was not a disaster, the others were. Hopefully PC is in with the successful triumverate
Boudebouz on 16:31 - Aug 2 with 2992 viewsFlashberryjack

Boudebouz on 16:00 - Aug 2 by TheResurrection

you're a prime candidate you absolute fackwit.

It's clear from your posts you can't grasp anything that's actually going on. You're in a world of your own you dullard.

Are you even incapable of posting without name calling.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Boudebouz on 16:53 - Aug 2 with 2900 viewsE20Jack

Boudebouz on 16:21 - Aug 2 by Professor

Agreed. There is more money to be made from a PL club in the longer term than selling one player to achieve a 'dividend'. The owners have made mistakes but appear to be learning. Commercial improvement, better website etc. all needed to expand a 'brand' . I expect they will tighten up the club as business , expand markets and revenues and sell for a profit. Nothing wrong with that-it's business.

In the meantime we are run to make a profit. Wages are the big financial drain. That's where most money goes. If/when Sigurdsson goes we will purchase some players that are hopefully better than those in recent years-the January signings excepted.

We don't have a wealthy owner splashing the cash-we are being run as business. The biggest problem I see is that HuW Jenkins et al lost sight of the basics and thought they were some football genius. We got lucky with Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup. Sousa was not a disaster, the others were. Hopefully PC is in with the successful triumverate

Dividends are not the goal though. A dividend is something that has to be paid to all shareholders. They will take their money via consultancy fees. However I would imagine their long term goal is similar to what they did at DC United. Acquire the stadium and sell the club on at a significant profit. I wouldn't be too concerned about consultancy fees and/or dividends with this lot. That concern comes when the next owners take over a club with the stadium already in place, as they then need to find their margin elsewhere.

But at the moment we most certainly dont have much, if any spare money for transfers. Our balance of players in and out over the last 7 years tells you its at break even.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Boudebouz on 17:13 - Aug 2 with 2826 viewsShaky

Boudebouz on 14:20 - Aug 2 by E20Jack

We posted a £13m loss last year. Our operating costs are £117.5m, our PL income is £109m.

Where is the money?

People really do need to start to understand our financial position.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha.

I am simply gobsmacked nobody has seemingly been able to spot the gaping hole in Mr CokeHEad's aherm analysis.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Boudebouz on 17:33 - Aug 2 with 2784 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Our PL income isn't our only source of income surely?

Also income and expenditure do not make a set of accounts.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Boudebouz on 17:35 - Aug 2 with 2752 viewsShaky

Boudebouz on 17:33 - Aug 2 by Joe_bradshaw

Our PL income isn't our only source of income surely?

Also income and expenditure do not make a set of accounts.

**Puts on fake Irish accent

It's gyd, but it's not right.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Boudebouz on 17:42 - Aug 2 with 2722 viewsUplandsJack

Boudebouz on 17:35 - Aug 2 by Shaky

**Puts on fake Irish accent

It's gyd, but it's not right.

Player sales?
Boudebouz on 17:48 - Aug 2 with 2681 viewsShaky

Boudebouz on 17:42 - Aug 2 by UplandsJack

Player sales?

Congratulations!

You have hit one of tonights bonus holes in My CokeHead's analysis, but narrowly fail to win the star prize from correctly guessing that the moony from t'telly has gone oop bah millions.

Now if you'll excuse me I must step out for a quick line!

Misology -- It's a bitch

Login to get fewer ads

Boudebouz on 20:10 - Aug 2 with 2557 viewsE20Jack

Shaky has been drinking again I see? What an embarrassment he is.

Player sales and player purchases have offset for nigh on 7 seasons. It has continued this year.

Next....

Boudebouz on 20:14 - Aug 2 with 2533 viewsE20Jack

Boudebouz on 17:48 - Aug 2 by Shaky

Congratulations!

You have hit one of tonights bonus holes in My CokeHead's analysis, but narrowly fail to win the star prize from correctly guessing that the moony from t'telly has gone oop bah millions.

Now if you'll excuse me I must step out for a quick line!

Now then, talk to us about this telly deal Shaky (are you named after your debating skills by the way? Or is it your hands when you have gone 24 hours without alcohol?).

Boudebouz on 20:15 - Aug 2 with 2522 viewslondonlisa2001

Boudebouz on 20:10 - Aug 2 by E20Jack

Shaky has been drinking again I see? What an embarrassment he is.

Player sales and player purchases have offset for nigh on 7 seasons. It has continued this year.

Next....

We've made a large profit year ended a couple of days ago.

And our operating expenses have reduced by moving on Williams, Ayew and Gomis. Significantly.

The deals for Gomis and Ayew warped the figures as rather than be capitalised the structure meant that they were expensed instead.

We have moved on 17 players this window. Either sales, loans or released. We have brought in 5 I think. Cash flow is more of an issue for us.
Boudebouz on 20:20 - Aug 2 with 2492 viewsE20Jack

Boudebouz on 20:15 - Aug 2 by londonlisa2001

We've made a large profit year ended a couple of days ago.

And our operating expenses have reduced by moving on Williams, Ayew and Gomis. Significantly.

The deals for Gomis and Ayew warped the figures as rather than be capitalised the structure meant that they were expensed instead.

We have moved on 17 players this window. Either sales, loans or released. We have brought in 5 I think. Cash flow is more of an issue for us.

How much is a large profit Lisa? I am yet to see the figures from the latest set of accounts so can't pass comment and can only go on the accounts up to this date that I have seen.

Also do you know when the TV money gets paid (you know, the TV money that hasn't gone ooop bah millions and is the same as last year and also will be the same next year btw?) I was led to believe it was in two payments. One around new year and the other at seasons end.

If so I can absolutely agree that cashflow will be a problem for us, evidenced more so by the fact we had to get a cash advance on the Ayew transfer from Santander and thus giving up a slice of it for the pleasure.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2017 20:46]

Boudebouz on 20:56 - Aug 2 with 2371 viewslondonlisa2001

Boudebouz on 20:20 - Aug 2 by E20Jack

How much is a large profit Lisa? I am yet to see the figures from the latest set of accounts so can't pass comment and can only go on the accounts up to this date that I have seen.

Also do you know when the TV money gets paid (you know, the TV money that hasn't gone ooop bah millions and is the same as last year and also will be the same next year btw?) I was led to believe it was in two payments. One around new year and the other at seasons end.

If so I can absolutely agree that cashflow will be a problem for us, evidenced more so by the fact we had to get a cash advance on the Ayew transfer from Santander and thus giving up a slice of it for the pleasure.

Newspaper reports said expected profits in excess of £10m.

That was prior to us selling Cork (where we will have made a few million profit) and Gomis and also before expensing the deals for Tammy, Mesa and the goalkeeper.

The amounts last year (as in last year's accounts) will have included Gomis and Ayew's significant signing bonuses. This year they won't. Nor going forward.

We have also managed to spend millions on the two training sites from profits over the past few years, that has largely stopped as the majority of the work has been done, so it is now maintenance (which is very high, but not as high as building it).

Going forward, we will (or should) be in a far better position financially. Not sacking managers every season will help as well.
Boudebouz on 08:17 - Aug 3 with 2140 viewsShaky

Boudebouz on 20:20 - Aug 2 by E20Jack

Nobody has seen the accounts for the financial yesr ended on Monday including the management and owners, dumbass. They don't exist yet!

However, being a "financial analyst" involves understanding what historical info is in the public domain, and then making at least some sort of stab at understanding how more recent events will impact current performance.

In contrast you are a low grade moron, who seizes on some real or imagined factoid then repeats it ad nauseam. Now some people will no doubt fall for that at least for a while, but many others are clearly wising up to your bullshit.

Now that's enough time spent on nonsense for me for at least a few days. . .

Misology -- It's a bitch

Boudebouz on 08:24 - Aug 3 with 2104 viewsShaky

Boudebouz on 20:56 - Aug 2 by londonlisa2001

Newspaper reports said expected profits in excess of £10m.

That was prior to us selling Cork (where we will have made a few million profit) and Gomis and also before expensing the deals for Tammy, Mesa and the goalkeeper.

The amounts last year (as in last year's accounts) will have included Gomis and Ayew's significant signing bonuses. This year they won't. Nor going forward.

We have also managed to spend millions on the two training sites from profits over the past few years, that has largely stopped as the majority of the work has been done, so it is now maintenance (which is very high, but not as high as building it).

Going forward, we will (or should) be in a far better position financially. Not sacking managers every season will help as well.

I haven't seen those reports. 10m?

Sounds like that must just be operating profit. I would personally be surprised if net profits turn out to be less than the £25-30 million range.

And as I mentioned on jackarmy the other day, with the Siggy sale likely to help secure profits of at least £35 million for the current financial year I can see no better time for Kaplan to sell the club on than during the coming season.

Apply a conservative PE of 10x to past and current years' profits and you have a valuation of >£300 million. Should be quite achievable if the stock market doesn't crash this autumn.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Boudebouz on 08:41 - Aug 3 with 2024 viewsShaky

And here's a thought; what happens if the Trust membership vote for the proposed deal, and final documentation isn't signed by the time Kaplan offloads the club?

Worthy of a new thread!

Misology -- It's a bitch

Boudebouz on 08:44 - Aug 3 with 2004 viewssomersetsimon

Boudebouz on 08:24 - Aug 3 by Shaky

I haven't seen those reports. 10m?

Sounds like that must just be operating profit. I would personally be surprised if net profits turn out to be less than the £25-30 million range.

And as I mentioned on jackarmy the other day, with the Siggy sale likely to help secure profits of at least £35 million for the current financial year I can see no better time for Kaplan to sell the club on than during the coming season.

Apply a conservative PE of 10x to past and current years' profits and you have a valuation of >£300 million. Should be quite achievable if the stock market doesn't crash this autumn.

You wouldn't factor in the sale of Gylfi in estimating the future profits of the club. I find it hard to see who would pay so much for the club that the current owners would make any large profit. If I was buying a company, I'd want to see a clear 5 year business plan that set out the required investment to insure (and grow) future profits.

How much profit has the club made in the last 5 years and what evidence could the club present to show profits increasing in the next 5 years? I can't see how you'd come up with a PE value of 10.
Boudebouz on 08:48 - Aug 3 with 1969 viewssomersetsimon

Boudebouz on 08:17 - Aug 3 by Shaky

Nobody has seen the accounts for the financial yesr ended on Monday including the management and owners, dumbass. They don't exist yet!

However, being a "financial analyst" involves understanding what historical info is in the public domain, and then making at least some sort of stab at understanding how more recent events will impact current performance.

In contrast you are a low grade moron, who seizes on some real or imagined factoid then repeats it ad nauseam. Now some people will no doubt fall for that at least for a while, but many others are clearly wising up to your bullshit.

Now that's enough time spent on nonsense for me for at least a few days. . .

Even though the official accounts haven't been audited and published yet, the management will know the figures.
Boudebouz on 08:51 - Aug 3 with 1939 viewsShaky

Boudebouz on 08:44 - Aug 3 by somersetsimon

You wouldn't factor in the sale of Gylfi in estimating the future profits of the club. I find it hard to see who would pay so much for the club that the current owners would make any large profit. If I was buying a company, I'd want to see a clear 5 year business plan that set out the required investment to insure (and grow) future profits.

How much profit has the club made in the last 5 years and what evidence could the club present to show profits increasing in the next 5 years? I can't see how you'd come up with a PE value of 10.

You think the valuation of Premier League football clubs has much to do with underlying profitability/cash-flow generation ability?

The financial results for the club clearly show that Kaplan brougth a distressed business. That has now been turned around.

As I said I think £300 million is achievable if the market doesn't crash.

Conversely if the market were to crash the value might be £30-80 million, and I'd imagine a similar risk/reward assessment would be at the forefront of Kaplan's mind if he does in fact try to sell in the near future.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Boudebouz on 08:52 - Aug 3 with 1934 viewsShaky

Boudebouz on 08:48 - Aug 3 by somersetsimon

Even though the official accounts haven't been audited and published yet, the management will know the figures.

No they wont.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Boudebouz on 08:56 - Aug 3 with 1921 viewsNOTRAC

Boudebouz on 08:41 - Aug 3 by Shaky

And here's a thought; what happens if the Trust membership vote for the proposed deal, and final documentation isn't signed by the time Kaplan offloads the club?

Worthy of a new thread!

I agree with Shaky.
If the Americans are in for a quick turnaround profit , then the timing of the Sigurdsson deal makes even more sense.
We are obviously in a sellers market at the moment as far as clubs are concerned.It is no longer the realm of very rich businessmen , but politics are coming into it in a big way.Countries are buying clubs!
If the Trust accepts the deal on offer, they could end up benefitting to the tune of £40m based on Shaky's figures for their total shares.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Boudebouz on 09:02 - Aug 3 with 1882 viewsShaky

Boudebouz on 08:44 - Aug 3 by somersetsimon

And just one other point on this; a 5 year business plan would be a work of pure fiction given the relegation risk

The Premier League is about dreams for all concerned, be they fans, players, or owners. With that in mind have a look at the hockey stick chart contained in the following article and draw your own conclusions:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31379128

Misology -- It's a bitch

Boudebouz on 09:13 - Aug 3 with 1833 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Boudebouz on 15:18 - Aug 2 by AngelRangelQS

Relocated to the bank accounts of rubbish players, their agents and their former clubs as well as our list of failed managers

Gomis
Tabanou
Baston
Eder
Paloschi
VDH
Emnes
Montero
Grimes
Monk
Bob
Guidolin

That's Jenkins charge sheet. Get rid pronto

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Boudebouz on 09:19 - Aug 3 with 1801 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Boudebouz on 17:13 - Aug 2 by Shaky

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha.

I am simply gobsmacked nobody has seemingly been able to spot the gaping hole in Mr CokeHEad's aherm analysis.

At last. Mr "self righteous pain in the arse expert" has raised tedium levels on this board to an all time high.
Sort Mr city analyst out FFS Shaky

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Boudebouz on 09:28 - Aug 3 with 1758 viewsawayjack

Boudebouz on 09:13 - Aug 3 by Brynmill_Jack

That's Jenkins charge sheet. Get rid pronto

List demonstrates how poor our DOF and scouts have been. To offset we did OK with Bonu and Ayew and sold them as soon as possible.

There are a few more to add to list - a few keepers and u21 squad members that cost a few million in transfers and wages.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024