Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level 22:06 - Sep 1 with 43222 viewsTheResurrection

The Holy Grail of the "next level" is probably already upon us, or at least we're moving towards it, but most of you are too wrapped up in your own miserable preconceived prejudices, you won't open your eyes to realise it.

The Club still isn't perfect, but which one is? The Trust still need a genuine revamp and refresh to communicate effectively to both Board and fans. The friendly game ticket prices is an example of this. But the overall picture is one of a Club getting back on track and improving. Nothing too much to shout about in isolation as the only was was up after the disaster of the last 2 years or so.

But nevertheless we're getting our act together. Off the pitch and since January, on it.

Commercially we will see the benefits, we have professionals involved, true business people with contacts who will increase revenue. Better sponsorships and business partners to be tapped into. The profile of SCFC is on the rise, more professional media interaction, website, Twitter, Facebook, more games being streamed, all on the up.

The football aspect will now follow. The U-23's had a tremendously successful season and our Academy and training facilities are now state of the art. This will only help everything we are trying to achieve.

Anyone one of us that has supported this Club back in the day, when we stop and think about things, will struggle to believe it's all actually been a true story.

We are 7 years - SEVEN YEARS - in the EPL and it's time now to quit the childish quips about "the Yanks" ; "the sell-outs" etc. What we've achieved, led by the old Board and now the new is nothing short of a miracle, it's phenomenal!! I have spent enough time voicing an angry opinion about the goings on of all concerned, but all said and done, they've done us proud.

The football squad we will take into the Premier League from now is arguably the best since we've been here.

Goalkeeper - as solid as we could hope for and Fab is Swansea's no. 1 without a shadow of a doubt. The way we accumulate GK's should mean at least one of them will be good enough to step in if he's ever injured ;-)

Defence - Been a revelation under Clement as we now defend as a team with responsibility for this aspect on every player. Naughts comes in for ridiculous stick but for me he's completely dependable. Everyone loves to scapegoat and bully somebody. Naughts gets too much of this. Cover at full back would've been great but it didn't happen and he won't let us down - same as he didn't last season. Fede and Maws have now formed a strong partnership and have enjoyed playing alongside each other for some time and are growing very strong. I love Olsson, he's as competitive as they come, the sheer determination in everything he does is infectious. We've also got ball players right along the back and we can now adapt perfectly well to a 3-5-2 with Bartley and VdH able to step in when needed. Rangel is an able deputy and Clucas can cover the left. We are solid at the back.

Midfield - We will be very strong and competitive in midfield this season. The signing of Sanches is truly unbelievable and exciting and the options we now have in this area are plentiful - off the bench too. I'm sure Clement and the Board would've loved to add another wider player but we won't be held ransom and pay massively over the odds - that's not good business. Carroll has been outstanding since coming in, Clucas has fitted in with ease and technically just what we need, these 2 will keep the ball flowing freely and accurately all around the park, with Carroll more than adept at set pieces and corners. Fer, Ki and Mesa all have genuine claims of fighting for a first XI slot and Ayew can play deeper or wide to provide options. Leon's still about as are Routs, Narsingh and Dyer so we're not having to rely on the old guard like we did last season, and these boys will still have something to offer as the season goes on, I'm sure of that. Southampton have made Europe on squads similar to ours and we can genuinely aim to look a lot higher up the league than we could this time last season, as far as up as that remains to be seen, but why not.

Up front - Bony, Tammy and Ayew is our strongest front line since the EPL without a shadow of doubt. Bony, in my opinion, is the missing piece in the jigsaw, he has the exact qualities we've been crying out for and Llorente could simply not provide. I think the 3 can play together in a 4-3-3 with Bony in the middle and Tammy and Ayew either side. It won't be Tammy's preferred option, same as it isn't for Rashford, bit it's a genuine alternative option for us.

Options are good and options we now have in abundance.

Manager - Clement has been inch perfect since he's come in and all the options mentioned above, he makes them a reality. His coaching is second to none and the team is able to adapt to any of his demands. He'll also get us playing more football this season and our style of play will be unrecognisable from the sheer tedium of last year.

Next level? We're getting there if not arrived already, so let's see it for what it is, embrace the changes and enjoy what's going to be a bloody good season of football with some outstanding talent on show.

[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 22:15]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 19:39 - May 12 with 2447 viewscostalotta

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 17:24 - May 12 by TheResurrection

When I read your posts I think Aww this guy's a right whopper.

Alan Curtis for Chairman. 😂😂😂

Get off... Ger'outta yuh!!!

Is that the limit of your imagination? A whopper! You can surely do better than that?

Anyway if you say so Chris, I won't take offence and i don't care what you think of my posts. This is football forum after all. IF it makes you feel better to be constantly like you are then knock your self out and go for it!

Yes, that is what i said. Alan Curtis for Chairman. As a figure head. To get some respect back. The role is just that and not a footballing role per se. That would be DOF & Head coach/Manager. We already have Commercial covered.

As always a pleasure.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 08:05 - Aug 11 with 2231 viewsFerrieBodde

God this thread will never not be funny.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 09:15 - Aug 11 with 2157 viewsFerrieBodde

I'm looking through this thread again and I just can't stop fvcking laughing. It beggars belief.

Thought I'd bump it and give you lads a laugh. In tough, trying times like these we all could use one.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 09:22 - Aug 11 with 2146 viewscostalotta

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 09:15 - Aug 11 by FerrieBodde

I'm looking through this thread again and I just can't stop fvcking laughing. It beggars belief.

Thought I'd bump it and give you lads a laugh. In tough, trying times like these we all could use one.

Indeed.

There are some where everything they touch turn s to gold. Then there’s others...where everything they touch turns to dust. I don’t think I’ve ever read so much from one person that their assessments, predictions or whatever is so consistently wrong. I am starting to think you can use as a gauge, whatever is said, go the other way.

Funny, yeah why not!
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 09:30 - Aug 11 with 2128 viewsFerrieBodde

Yep.

I just wish this right clown would have said we would have lost the Champions League final. Absolutely EVERYTHING he says he's not only 100% wrong and embarrassingly off the mark about, but the fvcking exact opposite happens. I've never seen someone so incredibly dimwitted, misinformed, delusional, and mistaken about anything, not just football. Had he said that we would have surely lifted the European Cup by now
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 10:26 - Aug 11 with 2066 viewsFerrieBodde

"The Holy Grail of the 'next level' is probably already upon us, or at least we're moving towards it, but most of you are too wrapped up in your own miserable preconceived prejudices, you won't open your eyes to realise it."

"The football squad we will take into the Premier League from now is arguably the best since we've been here."

"Next level? We're getting there if not arrived already, so let's see it for what it is, embrace the changes and enjoy what's going to be a bloody good season of football with some outstanding talent on show."

Relegated. Just 21 goals scored. Fewest in the league. Game after game of 0 shots on goal.

It wasn't just that we were historically one of the worst Premier League sides ever. Last season's EPL was one of the easiest ones to stay up. You had to be a certain brand of utter, absolute shit not to be in the bottom 3 as all it took was 36 points and a goal difference of -18 or better. That's all. And we couldn't even manage that.

Even more damning was out of all 98 clubs in Europe's top 5 leagues (EPL, Serie A, Ligue 1, and Bundesliga), Swansea were dead least in expected goals. Even Malaga who accumulated just 20 goals all season had a higher xG:

https://www.theringer.com/soccer/2018/8/8/17658726/welcome-to-the-ringer-soccer-

Last out of 98 clubs. Even behind some of those tinpot clubs in Italy and France founded in the last few decades like Benevento and Troyes. You seriously can't put into words how pathetic that is.

And you know what? After that absolute fvcking disaster of a summer window, everyone with half a brain could see that we were headed for danger, yet somehow this right clown thought we were about to embark on some sort of football fairytale. When I predicted that we were going to be relegated he had the gall to threaten me with violence.

Then there were those other times where he threw his toys out the pram and called me every name in the book when I said that Clucas and Carroll weren't anywhere near good enough for the Premier League and were going to be shit signings. Those were funny times.

But, nonetheless, it is quite puzzling looking at his posts recently and seeing that he's still as furious and irate as ever, if not more so. What the hell is he so angry about? For years he bitched and made threads every day about how Sigurdsson and Llorente needed to be sold, and last season he got as he wished. As you see here, according to him, we'd reached the next level. He got exactly what he wanted. Now that we're at the next level, what the fvck is he still so mad about?
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 11:33 - Aug 11 with 2021 viewsthereisnospoon

"Commercially we will see the benefits, we have professionals involved, true business people with contacts who will increase revenue. Better sponsorships and business partners to be tapped into."

yeah, chris pearlman who we put on a salary higher than jenkins to lure him from his previous job of 12 years and who brought his family to south wales was tasked with finding us a shorts sponsor and the best he could do was to put low cost vans on our shorts. they'd already been sponsoring us, and for 7 years! what great professionals and contacts that required. not even abramovich and chelsea could have done that
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 12:35 - Aug 11 with 1956 viewsFerrieBodde

"We are 7 years - SEVEN YEARS - in the EPL and it's time now to quit the childish quips about "the Yanks" ; "the sell-outs" etc. What we've achieved, led by the old Board and now the new is nothing short of a miracle, it's phenomenal!! I have spent enough time voicing an angry opinion about the goings on of all concerned, but all said and done, they've done us proud."

By the way, I haven't been on here in a few months. Is this lad still licking Sam Clucas and Tom Carroll's arses like they're future Ballon d'Or winners or bumming Paul Clement like he's Sir Alex Ferguson? Someone please let me know.
Login to get fewer ads

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:37 - Feb 2 with 1669 viewsFerrieBodde

This thread will never not be hysterical.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:40 - Feb 2 with 1648 viewsScottishEddie

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:37 - Feb 2 by FerrieBodde

This thread will never not be hysterical.

How long have you been waiting for us to be in such a mess so you could bump this thread, glad someones enjoying it all.

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:44 - Feb 2 with 1611 viewsjacksfullaces

but its reasonable to do this, as it provides a bit of a steer to the next batch of posters who disagree and are told they lack intelligence/understanding.

it is a reminder of the exact level of foresight we are dealing with.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:47 - Feb 2 with 1594 viewsAl_Bundy

There will be a plausible reason for our demise from the OP coming shortly.

Equally tainted with lots of layers of bullshite ...
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:51 - Feb 2 with 1567 viewsBrad_Bobbly

Absolute state of this thread lol
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:57 - Feb 2 with 1532 viewsAnotherJohn

Amazing that so many paid attention to this buffoon (in his various incarnations).
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:58 - Feb 2 with 1527 viewsEarl_Strickland

Just WOW 😮
There are treatments and places for this client.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:21 - Feb 2 with 1459 viewsCooperman

Humpty knew the score.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:24 - Feb 2 with 1435 viewsbuilthjack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:57 - Feb 2 by AnotherJohn

Amazing that so many paid attention to this buffoon (in his various incarnations).

Even the ScottishEddie one?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:28 - Feb 2 with 1419 viewsSgorioFruit

The next level

Hahaha

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:29 - Feb 2 with 1404 viewsDarran

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 12:35 - Aug 11 by FerrieBodde

"We are 7 years - SEVEN YEARS - in the EPL and it's time now to quit the childish quips about "the Yanks" ; "the sell-outs" etc. What we've achieved, led by the old Board and now the new is nothing short of a miracle, it's phenomenal!! I have spent enough time voicing an angry opinion about the goings on of all concerned, but all said and done, they've done us proud."

By the way, I haven't been on here in a few months. Is this lad still licking Sam Clucas and Tom Carroll's arses like they're future Ballon d'Or winners or bumming Paul Clement like he's Sir Alex Ferguson? Someone please let me know.

Great bumping.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:33 - Feb 2 with 1324 viewsAce_Jack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:29 - Feb 2 by Darran

Great bumping.

The author of this thread is a f**king traitor.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:30 - Feb 3 with 1246 viewsFerrieBodde

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:29 - Feb 2 by Darran

Great bumping.

No problem mate happy to help
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:38 - Feb 3 with 1226 views_

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:33 - Feb 2 by Ace_Jack

The author of this thread is a f**king traitor.

The author of this thread is a facking legend... You know it, I know it.

The wonderful 17 who upvoted this iconic thread know it

All hail a true supporter, warts and all. Most of you are just shit on my shoe 👍

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:42 - Feb 3 with 1212 viewsbonymine

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:09 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

You've followed the club similar times to me, so you haven't on that front.

When you say selling us down the river - Just in your own words here, what specifically do you mean?

I trust you’ve got a better understanding of what I meant by ‘selling us down the river’ now eh Chrissy ?

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:44 - Feb 3 with 1207 viewsomarjack

"Carroll has been outstanding since coming in, Clucas has fitted in with ease and technically just what we need, these 2 will keep the ball flowing freely and accurately all around the park, with Carroll more than adept at set pieces and corners"

HAHAHAHAHAAAAA

This is pure gold..classic sh!thousery..

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:46 - Feb 3 with 1204 views_

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:42 - Feb 3 by bonymine

I trust you’ve got a better understanding of what I meant by ‘selling us down the river’ now eh Chrissy ?

I've never understood the first thing that's ever exited that thick old skull of yours pal

You're a lost cause

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024