Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keith Hill 16:40 - Sep 9 with 10945 viewsDale23years

Do you think Keith hill as took us as far as he can ?

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Keith Hill on 23:07 - Sep 10 with 2395 viewsdingdangblue

Keith Hill on 13:36 - Sep 10 by Laveritty

Funny how the memory plays tricks - thought it was 10 clean sheets as well! A repeat starting on Tuesday would be nice!?

Blackburn reminded me a bit of the Bolton home game last season. Only Blackburn took the volleyed chance to open the scoring and we all know how important going 1-0 up is in a game. Bolton missed an easier volley and we went onto win the game and rode our luck a little. I'm sure we will turn it around Tuesday.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Keith Hill on 00:17 - Sep 11 with 2341 viewsHopwoodblue

Keith Hill on 09:48 - Sep 10 by Peaky

Echoing what others have said, KH has and will continue to achieve amazing things at dale. Those who have followed us through the years will know we have never had it so good. KH's philosophies for management, structure and development in my eyes are inspirational. His application to sports science, work ethics and family orientation plus his business approach to ensuring the clubs survival and progression could not be replaced. Of course he does not achieve this alone and there are some amazing cogs in the Rochdale wheel, but I don't think I will ever see such an inspirational manager in charge of the club who will achieve so much (long may it continue). Every year in league 1 is a magnificent achievement.

Here here ! I got my first season ticket in 73/74 started going home and away in 77/78 believe you me we've had it far worse than this. Worst case scenario right now is relegation back to league two ! It could be far worse than that. I want the club to be in a league club long after I've gone and at the moment we have a great chance !

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Keith Hill on 13:24 - Sep 11 with 2192 viewsDaleiLama

Year, league, league position, comment

4-5; L2; 9th
5-6; L2; 14th;
6-7; L2; 9th; KH appointed full time manager 3/1/7
7-8; L2; 5th; Lost in play-off final
8-9; L2; 6th; Lost in play-off semi-final
9-10; L2; 3rd; promoted
10-11; L1; 9th; highest ever league position at the time
11-12; L1; 24th; KH left for Barnsley before season started. Outcome - relegated
12-13; L2; 12th KH returns 28/1/13
13-14; L2; 3rd; promoted
14-15; L1; 8th NEW highest ever league position at the time
15-16; L1; 10th
16-17; L1; 9th (still in play-off race on last day of the season)

I'm really not sure what your OP was getting at.

You can clearly see above the affect of "with" and "without" KH and even some trends.

We almost made the play-offs last year.

The higher we climb the totem the more our players will appear on the radar of clubs above us and/or with deeper pockets so we will lose good players (Lund, NML, Allen)

We have a youth system which is the envy of some Premiership clubs and a conveyor belt of talent coming through the ranks at the club to offset the above attrition.

Has he taken us as far as he can? After looking what he has put in place and achieved in the last 10 years you'd be hard pushed to say he has when a few better results could have seen us make the play-offs last year.

We've lost a few key players, had to integrate some new players into the squad and been behind the 8 ball with injuries, illnesses and some self-inflicted suspensions. After 6 games our league position doesn't look good. Does that mean KH has taken us as far as he can? I'd say it means we have started below the standards he has set for the club for the reasons put forward and maybe others too, but I would suggest the only glass ceiling in place is in your imagination. That record deserves respect when stood alone - when backed by our budget it is borderline miraculous.

Keith Hill hasn't given up on the team and there should be no giving up on him. Be careful what you wish for!
[Post edited 11 Sep 2017 13:27]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Keith Hill on 16:03 - Sep 11 with 2096 viewswatford_dale

Keith Hill on 13:24 - Sep 11 by DaleiLama

Year, league, league position, comment

4-5; L2; 9th
5-6; L2; 14th;
6-7; L2; 9th; KH appointed full time manager 3/1/7
7-8; L2; 5th; Lost in play-off final
8-9; L2; 6th; Lost in play-off semi-final
9-10; L2; 3rd; promoted
10-11; L1; 9th; highest ever league position at the time
11-12; L1; 24th; KH left for Barnsley before season started. Outcome - relegated
12-13; L2; 12th KH returns 28/1/13
13-14; L2; 3rd; promoted
14-15; L1; 8th NEW highest ever league position at the time
15-16; L1; 10th
16-17; L1; 9th (still in play-off race on last day of the season)

I'm really not sure what your OP was getting at.

You can clearly see above the affect of "with" and "without" KH and even some trends.

We almost made the play-offs last year.

The higher we climb the totem the more our players will appear on the radar of clubs above us and/or with deeper pockets so we will lose good players (Lund, NML, Allen)

We have a youth system which is the envy of some Premiership clubs and a conveyor belt of talent coming through the ranks at the club to offset the above attrition.

Has he taken us as far as he can? After looking what he has put in place and achieved in the last 10 years you'd be hard pushed to say he has when a few better results could have seen us make the play-offs last year.

We've lost a few key players, had to integrate some new players into the squad and been behind the 8 ball with injuries, illnesses and some self-inflicted suspensions. After 6 games our league position doesn't look good. Does that mean KH has taken us as far as he can? I'd say it means we have started below the standards he has set for the club for the reasons put forward and maybe others too, but I would suggest the only glass ceiling in place is in your imagination. That record deserves respect when stood alone - when backed by our budget it is borderline miraculous.

Keith Hill hasn't given up on the team and there should be no giving up on him. Be careful what you wish for!
[Post edited 11 Sep 2017 13:27]

I seem to remember Charlton fans claiming that Curbishley had taken Charlton as far as he could and top 10 is okay but they thought they could do better.

Who gets Dale promoted - Hill
Who gets them relegated - Anyone But Hill
Who saves Dale from relegation - Hill
Keith Hill on 16:06 - Sep 13 with 1908 viewsDaleiLama

Keith Hill on 16:03 - Sep 11 by watford_dale

I seem to remember Charlton fans claiming that Curbishley had taken Charlton as far as he could and top 10 is okay but they thought they could do better.

Who gets Dale promoted - Hill
Who gets them relegated - Anyone But Hill
Who saves Dale from relegation - Hill

........... to continue this train of thought

Who was screaming at Harrison, Andy, Matt and Joe (+ others I'm sure) all night what to do and where to play? Hill
Which manager did all the team pull out that performance for? Hill

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024