Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread 00:29 - Sep 22 with 44425 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 22 Sep 2017 0:42]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:50 - Sep 23 with 3920 viewsmagicdaps10

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:48 - Sep 23 by Cooperman

Hmm, I'd probably go with that.

We have to go with that, its the only option.

We have no wingers, please dont say Dyer or Routledge.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:51 - Sep 23 with 3911 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:48 - Sep 23 by PozuelosSideys

Watford are bang average. This game was there to be won from minute one.

I know peopel are moaning about our players and the quality etc, but thats not the issue. Clement is the issue. His tactics are negative and the mindset is negative. If ever there was a word which is missing in our side, it is "intensity", there is none of it, nothing.

No passing to each other, no movement, no fire, no intensity. That is the coach's fault. We are clearly capable, but why are we not doing it? This isnt Serie A.

This

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:53 - Sep 23 with 3836 viewsmagicdaps10

1-0 down after 13 mins and ye we still not had a shot on goal.

This is absolutely dreadful. I can take going 5 at the back away to Spurs but we have to be more adventurous at home. Clement has been left high and dry with attacking options for sure but he needs to show more adventure at home.

I really see him being gone by Christmas.

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:54 - Sep 23 with 3821 viewsPegojack

I'd do a three man change at half time, Mesa for Carroll, Sanches for Fer and Abraham for VDH. Go 4-3-3
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:55 - Sep 23 with 3782 viewsSwan91

Few things from the first half:

our cm's are terrible at the moment and there are 2 players who are on the bench who should have started... I don't understand why they went with clucas and fer over Sanches and Mesa.

this no wingers formation is a shambles.. no width which means when we pass its easy enough for watford to get it back... the problem is we don't have enough subs to change our formation the way we should have started with.. especially because Bony won't last the whole game... also why 3 cb's against watford.. so stupid.

what exactly has mesa done behind the scenes that means he can't get in as first choice.. even with a poor fer ahead of him..

the only thing i have seen which i liked was naughton... some really nice passes but there is no movement from the team.. if we had wingers there would be more options for passes.

usually I don't react like this... but i think PC has got it all wrong and there needs to be 4 changes... but obviously can only make 3.
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:55 - Sep 23 with 3774 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:53 - Sep 23 by magicdaps10

This is absolutely dreadful. I can take going 5 at the back away to Spurs but we have to be more adventurous at home. Clement has been left high and dry with attacking options for sure but he needs to show more adventure at home.

We nearly left it too late getting rid of a manager last season with Bradley. I wouldn't give Clement until Christmas. If this carries on for two or three more games then that should be it.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:55 - Sep 23 with 3773 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:54 - Sep 23 by Pegojack

I'd do a three man change at half time, Mesa for Carroll, Sanches for Fer and Abraham for VDH. Go 4-3-3

Cannot be any worst but why didn't Clement start with an attacking line up?

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:55 - Sep 23 with 3761 viewsicecoldjack

The fact it the fans to boo players for them to actually try tells me quite a lot, big time Charlie lazy fookers!

Awful first half.only saved by the fans rightly getting at the players. Clucas? Honestly what is the point? The biggest waste of money I've ever seen, well and truly mugged with this kid.

The only players that seemed to try were Jordan and naughton 2 normally placid characters . Naughton has no movement for him to pass and Jordan ayew on 40 mins runs all the way into his half to tackle and win the ball because the trident of fer Carol and clueless are sleeping.

Half a yard too slow all over the field, Clement got it wrong again and most of us were rightly questioning this selection.

45 mins not to look like an utter prick Clement, the players got 45 mins to show they actually want to step up and put the hard yards in.

Bitterly disappointed with this .
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:55 - Sep 23 with 3761 viewsShaky

Most entertaining Swansea game I have seen for a while. Nice and open now they are chasing the game.

The problem now is the lack of creativity and movement in attack mode. And the defence looking shaky without the added personnel shiilding the CBs.

More goals to come I reckon.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:56 - Sep 23 with 3730 viewsEbo

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:53 - Sep 23 by magicdaps10

I think Tammy and Roque are coming on second half. Both been warming up and just gone in early.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:56 - Sep 23 with 3725 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:55 - Sep 23 by Swan91

Few things from the first half:

our cm's are terrible at the moment and there are 2 players who are on the bench who should have started... I don't understand why they went with clucas and fer over Sanches and Mesa.

this no wingers formation is a shambles.. no width which means when we pass its easy enough for watford to get it back... the problem is we don't have enough subs to change our formation the way we should have started with.. especially because Bony won't last the whole game... also why 3 cb's against watford.. so stupid.

what exactly has mesa done behind the scenes that means he can't get in as first choice.. even with a poor fer ahead of him..

the only thing i have seen which i liked was naughton... some really nice passes but there is no movement from the team.. if we had wingers there would be more options for passes.

usually I don't react like this... but i think PC has got it all wrong and there needs to be 4 changes... but obviously can only make 3.

How can you call Fer poor? He is the only midfielder who has received the ball, done his marker and driven forward.

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:57 - Sep 23 with 3686 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:48 - Sep 23 by PozuelosSideys

Watford are bang average. This game was there to be won from minute one.

I know peopel are moaning about our players and the quality etc, but thats not the issue. Clement is the issue. His tactics are negative and the mindset is negative. If ever there was a word which is missing in our side, it is "intensity", there is none of it, nothing.

No passing to each other, no movement, no fire, no intensity. That is the coach's fault. We are clearly capable, but why are we not doing it? This isnt Serie A.

No pace and no basic skills. Our players must be lower than "bang average"

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:57 - Sep 23 with 3676 viewsSospan_Fach

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:39 - Sep 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Wow, Olsson dribbling into the middle and Clucas is 2 yards from the centre backs with absolutely no midfielder in the centre of the pitch. This is a joke.

Clucas has to hold as a DM if we are playing 3 CB's, we have to get the wingers bombing forward with Clucas as the cover. It's Naughton and Olsson who need to get involved attacking more, plus we then need the other 2 midfielders Fer and Carroll to get in the box with Bony and Ayew. My opinion is that it has nothing to do with Clucas the way we are abysmal at going forward.
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:57 - Sep 23 with 3671 viewsmagicdaps10

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:54 - Sep 23 by Pegojack

As it stands i would go Narsingh on for VDH

FABIANSKI

NAUGHTON-FEDE-MAWSON-CLUCAS

NARSINGH-FER-CARROLL-OLSSON

AYEW

BONY

Try and get Olsson and Narsingh getting beyond Bony, crosses in.

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:00 - Sep 23 with 3579 viewsmagicdaps10

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:56 - Sep 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

How can you call Fer poor? He is the only midfielder who has received the ball, done his marker and driven forward.

He does that now and again, overall he is a lazy fooker.

talented but only in patches.

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:00 - Sep 23 with 3575 viewsSwan91

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:56 - Sep 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I said all 3 cm's have been poor.. including fer. and I think Mesa and Sanches would do that job better. If bony didn't need to be taken off because of fitness... I would seriously put mesa, sanches and narsingh on for Fer, Clucas and VDH/Mawson
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:00 - Sep 23 with 3575 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:57 - Sep 23 by Brynmill_Jack

No pace and no basic skills. Our players must be lower than "bang average"

No. Teams take on the personality of their manager more often than not.

The fact we cant string passes together and have zero movement is a coaching issue. We saw that under Bradley and we saw it under Monk.

At the other end of the spectrum we saw what can be done under managers like Martinez and Laudrup. Clement seems to have a rigid system like in the Monk mould, all about shape shape shape with zero creativity. It worked last season as we played hoofball and had the players to carry it off. The players look confused to me.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:00 - Sep 23 with 3568 viewsShaky

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:55 - Sep 23 by icecoldjack

The fact it the fans to boo players for them to actually try tells me quite a lot, big time Charlie lazy fookers!

Awful first half.only saved by the fans rightly getting at the players. Clucas? Honestly what is the point? The biggest waste of money I've ever seen, well and truly mugged with this kid.

The only players that seemed to try were Jordan and naughton 2 normally placid characters . Naughton has no movement for him to pass and Jordan ayew on 40 mins runs all the way into his half to tackle and win the ball because the trident of fer Carol and clueless are sleeping.

Half a yard too slow all over the field, Clement got it wrong again and most of us were rightly questioning this selection.

45 mins not to look like an utter prick Clement, the players got 45 mins to show they actually want to step up and put the hard yards in.

Bitterly disappointed with this .

Looks to me like the crowd are objecting to the almost complete lack of movement (except Naughton).

A problem resulting from PC's obsession with formation?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:01 - Sep 23 with 3543 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:57 - Sep 23 by Sospan_Fach

Clucas has to hold as a DM if we are playing 3 CB's, we have to get the wingers bombing forward with Clucas as the cover. It's Naughton and Olsson who need to get involved attacking more, plus we then need the other 2 midfielders Fer and Carroll to get in the box with Bony and Ayew. My opinion is that it has nothing to do with Clucas the way we are abysmal at going forward.

I do not want him bombing forward into their box. He could have been standing 5 yards into their half and it would have made all the difference. Instead he was 10 yards in our half, practically standing on Mawson's toes despite us being in possession and Watford having 11 men behind the ball.

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:03 - Sep 23 with 3478 viewsTheKirkyLife

Mesa on for Clucas and Abraham on for VDH. Positive.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 16:03]
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:04 - Sep 23 with 3441 viewsmagicdaps10

Why have a holding midfielder at home when you have three centre back's???

How much did we spend on Clucas again??

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:12 - Sep 23 with 3167 viewsKulusBeatFactory

Much better - formation, application
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:12 - Sep 23 with 3153 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:04 - Sep 23 by magicdaps10

Why have a holding midfielder at home when you have three centre back's???

How much did we spend on Clucas again??

Too much.
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:12 - Sep 23 with 3151 viewsKulusBeatFactory

yes tammy
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:12 - Sep 23 with 3149 viewsCroJack

Will you look at that? Positive approach bringing positive results.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024