Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY 20:45 - Nov 2 with 31989 viewsTheResurrection

The Everton fans absolutely HATE the guts of him.

His thread on Grand Old Team Forum has now gone toxic and it's really uncanny reading so, so many of the criticisms he's getting.

Well not that uncanny, just like reading my old posts

And yeah, yeah, you don't care blah blah blah....

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:03 - Dec 1 with 2147 viewsSPboy

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 18:53 - Dec 1 by E20Jack

From open play last year he had the same amount of chance creation as the likes of Gareth Barry and Idrissa Guaye. Defensive minded players.

The notion he was a creative force is a complete myth.

Some stats on Siggy from his time with us, O how I wish we had someone as crap as him in our squad ...

7 - Since his Premier League debut, Sigurdsson has scored more free-kicks than any other player
8 - Sigurdsson provided more assists last season from dead ball situations than any other player in the Premier League
34 - With 34 goals Sigurdsson is Swansea's top scorer in the Premier League
29 - With 29 assists Sigurdsson is Swansea's most prolific creator of goals in the Premier League
433 - Sigurdsson covered more distance (kilometres) in the Premier League than any other player last season
STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:05 - Dec 1 with 2142 viewsGaryjack

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:01 - Dec 1 by Kinsey

I remember making the bet on goals.

I need proof! Haha

You most certainly did!
STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:08 - Dec 1 with 2129 viewstrampie

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:03 - Dec 1 by SPboy

Some stats on Siggy from his time with us, O how I wish we had someone as crap as him in our squad ...

7 - Since his Premier League debut, Sigurdsson has scored more free-kicks than any other player
8 - Sigurdsson provided more assists last season from dead ball situations than any other player in the Premier League
29 - With 29 assists Sigurdsson is Swansea's most prolific creator of goals in the Premier League
433 - Sigurdsson covered more distance (kilometres) in the Premier League than any other player last season

Those stats are absolutely fantastic and I'm not saying that because I'm defending Gylfi from criticism from supposed Swan fans, those stats are the stats of a top quality player.
How I wish we had somebody of Gylfi's level playing for us now.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:10 - Dec 1 with 2124 viewsGaryjack

Here's another.

106- The amount of appearances he made in his second stint before he realised he didn't want to make any more.
STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:15 - Dec 1 with 2097 viewsKinsey

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:05 - Dec 1 by Garyjack

You most certainly did!

If I did, then fair enough. Show me though lol.
STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:17 - Dec 1 with 2092 viewsGaryjack

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:15 - Dec 1 by Kinsey

If I did, then fair enough. Show me though lol.

I meant 10 goals not apps mate!
STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:30 - Dec 1 with 2066 viewsE20Jack

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 18:58 - Dec 1 by trampie

You can only be in one place at any one time, if you are taking a corner or a free kick it's very unlikely you will be involved in an open play situation once you have struck the dead ball.

Open play goals are usually the result of open play, not set pieces.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:31 - Dec 1 with 2061 viewsTheResurrection

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 18:40 - Dec 1 by trampie

Siggy ran the lines as always taking defenders with him, leaving strikers free or loosely marked, it's what good players in his position do.

So you can't answer then?

Just make up some bland shit instead eh?!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Login to get fewer ads

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:31 - Dec 1 with 2061 viewsE20Jack

All good stats from a very good free kick taker.

But those stats just back up what I was saying. Hardly a creative threat is he. He's a set piece taker.

Scoring 15 penalties doesn't make someone a deadly goalscorer, it makes them a penalty taker.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 19:32]

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:31 - Dec 1 with 2060 viewsTheResurrection

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 18:58 - Dec 1 by trampie

You can only be in one place at any one time, if you are taking a corner or a free kick it's very unlikely you will be involved in an open play situation once you have struck the dead ball.

WTF??

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:32 - Dec 1 with 2055 viewsSPboy

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:10 - Dec 1 by Garyjack

Here's another.

106- The amount of appearances he made in his second stint before he realised he didn't want to make any more.

That’s about right, probably doubled his money too.

The experts on here told us that he was stopping us playing free flowing football. One expert even predicted that we would score twice as many goals by Xmas as last. One expert stated that shots on target is not an important statistic. Well we have the lowest shots in the league and 7 goals in 14 league matches. But at least the Everton fans detest him (apparently).

Meanwhile back to us, we failed to register a single shot on target in our midweek defeat at Chelsea - the fourth time we’ve done this in the league this season.
We failed to score in any of our four top-flight games in November and have played for more than seven hours without a goal. But it’s not the players, it’s the manager’s faul, according to the experts
STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:33 - Dec 1 with 2051 viewsE20Jack

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:17 - Dec 1 by Garyjack

I meant 10 goals not apps mate!

Nah it was appearances. how do you search on here?

edit, found it.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/211266/my-�50-is-s
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 19:35]

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:37 - Dec 1 with 2038 viewsE20Jack

Kinsey: .... I think my money’s safe In fact, I’d be happy betting he plays no more than 10 games.

E20: Can I bet he plays more than 10?

Kinsey: You can indeed.

* then went on to state £50 stake.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 19:38]

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:38 - Dec 1 with 2036 viewsGaryjack

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:33 - Dec 1 by E20Jack

Nah it was appearances. how do you search on here?

edit, found it.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/211266/my-�50-is-s
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 19:35]

No Idea. Tried it a few times but always 'no search results found'!
STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:39 - Dec 1 with 2033 viewsTheResurrection

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:32 - Dec 1 by SPboy

That’s about right, probably doubled his money too.

The experts on here told us that he was stopping us playing free flowing football. One expert even predicted that we would score twice as many goals by Xmas as last. One expert stated that shots on target is not an important statistic. Well we have the lowest shots in the league and 7 goals in 14 league matches. But at least the Everton fans detest him (apparently).

Meanwhile back to us, we failed to register a single shot on target in our midweek defeat at Chelsea - the fourth time we’ve done this in the league this season.
We failed to score in any of our four top-flight games in November and have played for more than seven hours without a goal. But it’s not the players, it’s the manager’s faul, according to the experts

Well an expert you clearly are not, a spouter of boring twaddle you are.

The money we'd get for him I said would be used to get us on the ball more and start playing some free flowing football again. It was and still is a perfectly sound reasoning.

We had £45m for that one trick pony... read it out aloud. £45m for a player THAT DIDN'T WANT TO BE HERE!!

If you ask Clement, who was also happy to get shot, what our biggest problem was, he'd tell you facking Kaplan holding on for 4 weeks too long and messing up our window.

Plus, regarding your managers fault comment, was it me stating Mesa shouldn't be playing, or me dictating our shape and lack of attacking threat, not committing players forward? Was that the expert as well?

What does SP stand for Sex Pest?

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:40 - Dec 1 with 2025 viewsE20Jack

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 19:39 - Dec 1 by TheResurrection

Well an expert you clearly are not, a spouter of boring twaddle you are.

The money we'd get for him I said would be used to get us on the ball more and start playing some free flowing football again. It was and still is a perfectly sound reasoning.

We had £45m for that one trick pony... read it out aloud. £45m for a player THAT DIDN'T WANT TO BE HERE!!

If you ask Clement, who was also happy to get shot, what our biggest problem was, he'd tell you facking Kaplan holding on for 4 weeks too long and messing up our window.

Plus, regarding your managers fault comment, was it me stating Mesa shouldn't be playing, or me dictating our shape and lack of attacking threat, not committing players forward? Was that the expert as well?

What does SP stand for Sex Pest?

It was a no brainer, as was the Llorente sale.

Anyone that states otherwise is deluded, is trying to irrationally blame elsewhere or just has no idea how clubs like us stay afloat.

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 20:29 - Dec 1 with 1966 viewsRunning_Man

I can´t fathom how you speak about one of the biggest contributors in the history of this club. Gylfi made us a huge amount of money, both by keeping us up and the buy/sell ratio. He gave us bunch of great moments and always gave it his all (as the stats show).

If he is a villan, then who are the heroes? A mature fan would wish him well in his future rather then slate him like a bunch of hurt children.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2017 0:11]
STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 20:33 - Dec 1 with 1959 viewswhoflungdung

My opinion.

Siggy owed us nothing ,we owed him plenty

Great player for us ,without question

We made great profit ,which was good, them spent it on players now deemed not good enough to start .

You can forget the Trust saga and the power battle within it because what happens on the pitch is all that matters

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 20:58 - Dec 1 with 1920 viewsLeonWasGod

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 18:53 - Dec 1 by E20Jack

From open play last year he had the same amount of chance creation as the likes of Gareth Barry and Idrissa Guaye. Defensive minded players.

The notion he was a creative force is a complete myth.

Open play, set pieces, doesn't matter. Siggy was superb for us. End of.

I hope he does well at Everton (2 assists and 1 goal in his last 3 suggests him and the team are settling). But it's Everton and it doesn't matter to us. Quite why a few people are worried about them and desperately wanting Siggy to fail there is bizarre.
STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 21:06 - Dec 1 with 1906 viewsE20Jack

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 20:58 - Dec 1 by LeonWasGod

Open play, set pieces, doesn't matter. Siggy was superb for us. End of.

I hope he does well at Everton (2 assists and 1 goal in his last 3 suggests him and the team are settling). But it's Everton and it doesn't matter to us. Quite why a few people are worried about them and desperately wanting Siggy to fail there is bizarre.

He wasn't. Saying end of doesn't change that.

He was superb at taking our set pieces. In open play he was average at best. £45m was a no brainer.

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 21:08 - Dec 1 with 1903 viewsexiledclaseboy

Are we still doing this?

Poll: Tory leader

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 21:09 - Dec 1 with 1902 viewsGaryjack

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 20:29 - Dec 1 by Running_Man

I can´t fathom how you speak about one of the biggest contributors in the history of this club. Gylfi made us a huge amount of money, both by keeping us up and the buy/sell ratio. He gave us bunch of great moments and always gave it his all (as the stats show).

If he is a villan, then who are the heroes? A mature fan would wish him well in his future rather then slate him like a bunch of hurt children.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2017 0:11]

Indeed. Did extremely well for us, wanted to go, we needed a new direction, Got £45m for him, and pissed it up against the wall! No bitter pills to swallow for me.
STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 21:16 - Dec 1 with 1888 viewsGaryjack

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 21:08 - Dec 1 by exiledclaseboy

Are we still doing this?

Bet you £50 it's got at least another 2 pages.
STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 21:23 - Dec 1 with 1867 viewsLeonWasGod

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 21:06 - Dec 1 by E20Jack

He wasn't. Saying end of doesn't change that.

He was superb at taking our set pieces. In open play he was average at best. £45m was a no brainer.

Of course he was excellent for us. In both stints. Barely missed a game, work hard for the team, most assists for us in the PL.
STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 21:26 - Dec 1 with 1849 viewsE20Jack

STILL LAUGHING AT SIGGY on 21:23 - Dec 1 by LeonWasGod

Of course he was excellent for us. In both stints. Barely missed a game, work hard for the team, most assists for us in the PL.

He was excellent at set pieces yes. Without them he created similar amounts to other teams defensive midfielders (Gareth Barry, Guaye). Apart from that he was ok. £45m was a certain sale and if we had the option to go back again I would sell him all over again.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024