Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? 23:50 - Jan 31 with 7800 viewsTom1912

Interesting insight into West Ham’s transfer policies:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-5335207/West-Ham-director-sp
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 23:50]
Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 11:15 - Feb 1 with 1584 viewsE20Jack

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 11:11 - Feb 1 by perchrockjack

Blasphemy is also very offensive

As is religion

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 11:28 - Feb 1 with 1572 viewsjasper_T

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 11:13 - Feb 1 by Bloodyhills

Did anyone notice any mayhem brought by Andre when he was here before? I can't remember any other than what he caused opposition defences from time to time and hope he brings a lot more of that. :-)

He was here two months before his agent was planting stories looking for a move away.
Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 11:30 - Feb 1 with 1567 viewsBloodyhills

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 11:28 - Feb 1 by jasper_T

He was here two months before his agent was planting stories looking for a move away.

Well, that answers that! :-)

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 16:25 - Feb 1 with 1509 viewsTummer_from_Texas

"Quick! Find the most African sounding name out there to sign!"

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 22:11 - Feb 1 with 1442 viewsGlyn1

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 08:58 - Feb 1 by E20Jack

Since when has Africa been a race? There are 5 million caucasian Africans in South Africa alone. How is it a racist comment?

Would it be anywhere near a story if he had said "Italian" players tend to have a bad attitude when not in the side?

I think we all know the answer.

All aboard the 'offended train'.

Let me see if I understand you.

If your firm were advertising a job, and they put you in charge of picking someone for that job.

And you then threw away every CV that arrived from someone with an African name - simply because they had an African name, no other reason - you would see nothing racist about that?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 23:17 - Feb 1 with 1409 viewsJackSkellington

If it's not outright racist, it's ill advised idiocy. The adjective 'African' when used with regard to people is commonly used to mean black, as in the phrase 'African American'. No one ever says 'Black African American', the 'black' bit is implied and unnecessary. When does anyone ever say 'African American' to mean a white person?

Aside from that, the adjective African is not comparable with Italian. Africa is a continent, it's comparable with referring to someone as being European or Asian, and implies a sense of genetic heritage and ethnicity as opposed to nationality which is just where you were born. Compare the terms British, Asian, and British-Asian, and all that they imply.

For the record, saying the word 'black' isn't offensive. To anyone. Anywhere. FFS.

Anyway regardless of all that bollocks, it did occur to me last night that if we stay up, and Wilf and both the Ayews stay with us, come the next ACON we're going to be seriously short of strikers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024