Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newspapers ..The truth ? 17:00 - Feb 1 with 4234 viewsperchrockjack

Following on from Ebo s chat to me ,it's a point of consideration as to what is the truth

Surely it depends on what newspaper one reads.
If it's Telegraph,Mail,Express then chances are you ll not be left wing and what is printed might be be what you agree with

If you're a Mirror reader or Morning Star afficado then what is in that paper IS the truth

Without being actually out there , it's hard for average Joe to know just what e truth is and it really depends on what paper one reads ,if any.

I don't buy any paper so I distrust all

I d be interested in Lohengrins observations and maybe the cocks could stay away from this topic

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 17:11 - Feb 1 with 4204 viewsDarran

Well it doesn’t matter which one reported about Kevin Spacey being a pedo even after he’d admitted it you were still sticking up for him. lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 17:15 - Feb 1 with 4201 viewsperchrockjack

Why Mods

Why ?

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 17:17 - Feb 1 with 4187 viewsDarran

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 17:15 - Feb 1 by perchrockjack

Why Mods

Why ?

I reckon there’s a lot on here that ask why,why do you stick up for pedos and sex abusers?

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 18:28 - Feb 1 with 4101 viewsNogginthenog

What's an aficado? is it a type of pear?
Newspapers ..The truth ? on 18:37 - Feb 1 with 4081 viewsBrynCartwright

Not quite so accurate today but still not far off..

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 18:53 - Feb 1 with 4056 viewsLeonWasGod

I don't think you can claim something's true just because you agree with it (unless you're Donald Trump). Left wing, right wing, middle wing, if something is incorrect, it's incorrect.

But you're right that it's often hard to know what's true unless you're close to a subject. And not all untruths in papers are necessarily lies. Sometimes they just get things wrong when rushing to report complex issues. So it's not all mind control stuff.
Newspapers ..The truth ? on 19:19 - Feb 1 with 4024 viewssherpajacob

What ex police officers say is the truth, and what is really the truth are often different things altogether.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 19:20 - Feb 1 with 4020 viewsperchrockjack

But many do Leon.
That s my point

Facts are facts but the interpretation and presentation is politically skewed ,which is why left wing readers so hate the " rightWing" press

Nobody has explained to me yet why right is always bad and left always good,in fact always right

Login to get fewer ads

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 19:25 - Feb 1 with 4001 viewsDarran

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 19:19 - Feb 1 by sherpajacob

What ex police officers say is the truth, and what is really the truth are often different things altogether.

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 19:37 - Feb 1 with 3981 viewsperchrockjack

So they re all the same then Sherpa .all?

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 19:38 - Feb 1 with 3979 viewsJack_Meoff

I've mentioned this book before but as it's on topic - this is a very interesting read on this subject.

'Flat Earth News' by Nick Davies.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flat-Earth-News-Award-winning-Distortion/dp/B00NPN5BT4/

Check the reviews out.

As far as I'm aware he was a Guardian journalist (I didn't know at the time of purchase) but I think there'll be some eye opening moments regardless of political affiliation.

Tightly controlled information stream doesn't quite do it justice.

The truth is out there alright. Down the newsagents? Very probably not..!

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 19:41 - Feb 1 with 3968 viewsperchrockjack

But people have viewpoints and agenda and they use newspapers to provenance what they feel.

Hence Sherpas Post and the perennial pitiful cretin from Cimla with too much time on his hands

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 21:04 - Feb 1 with 3876 viewsHighjack

The mail and the guardian ultimately write the same stories but from different perspectives, a bit like the fifty shades of grey books where the woman experiences a deep romantic physical soulful connection, but the bloke just enjoys biffing her cos she's hot.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 22:05 - Feb 1 with 3815 viewsperchrockjack

Exactly high jack
Exactly as it is

Pretty obvious really

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 06:57 - Feb 2 with 3713 viewsJack_Meoff

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 21:04 - Feb 1 by Highjack

The mail and the guardian ultimately write the same stories but from different perspectives, a bit like the fifty shades of grey books where the woman experiences a deep romantic physical soulful connection, but the bloke just enjoys biffing her cos she's hot.

You are correct though when you say 'same stories.' So many stories that get reported on in this country originate from the Press Association. In the US it's Reuters and Associated Press.

It's a big world out there, with lots going on for a variety of reasons. You can bet there's an agenda behind what we hear about on our highly controlled 'information' stream.

It also doesn't harm to look at who owns the printed press:

Lord Rothermere, a billionaire living in France, owns the Mail, Mail on Sunday, and the Metro.
Rupert Murdoch, a billionaire living in Australia, owns the Sun, Sun on Sunday and is the man behind Fox News, BSkyB, News Corp, etc, etc.
Alexander and Evgeny (son) Lebedev, an Ex KGB Russian Billionaire, owns The Independent, Independent on Sunday, The Evening Standard.
Richard Desmond, a billionaire, owns the Daily Star, Sunday Star, Daily Express, Sunday Express.
David and Frederick Barclay, billionaire brothers living on a private island near Saark, own the Telegraph, The Spectator, and the Business.

The media's sole purpose is to influence, not to inform. Generate lively debate within the Overton window of neoliberalism while the oligarchs of the day run off with all the money...
[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 7:03]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 07:24 - Feb 2 with 3688 viewswaynekerr55

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 06:57 - Feb 2 by Jack_Meoff

You are correct though when you say 'same stories.' So many stories that get reported on in this country originate from the Press Association. In the US it's Reuters and Associated Press.

It's a big world out there, with lots going on for a variety of reasons. You can bet there's an agenda behind what we hear about on our highly controlled 'information' stream.

It also doesn't harm to look at who owns the printed press:

Lord Rothermere, a billionaire living in France, owns the Mail, Mail on Sunday, and the Metro.
Rupert Murdoch, a billionaire living in Australia, owns the Sun, Sun on Sunday and is the man behind Fox News, BSkyB, News Corp, etc, etc.
Alexander and Evgeny (son) Lebedev, an Ex KGB Russian Billionaire, owns The Independent, Independent on Sunday, The Evening Standard.
Richard Desmond, a billionaire, owns the Daily Star, Sunday Star, Daily Express, Sunday Express.
David and Frederick Barclay, billionaire brothers living on a private island near Saark, own the Telegraph, The Spectator, and the Business.

The media's sole purpose is to influence, not to inform. Generate lively debate within the Overton window of neoliberalism while the oligarchs of the day run off with all the money...
[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 7:03]

Don't forget the Guardian's own cost little tax avoidance arrangement.

To the OP. It's human nature has we are genetically wired to survive at all costs.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Newspapers ..The truth ? (n/t) on 09:24 - Feb 2 with 3638 viewsBatterseajack

[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 9:30]
Newspapers ..The truth ? on 10:02 - Feb 2 with 3611 viewsLohengrin

It's obviously possible for two people, or two agencies, to observe the same occurrence but have radically different interpretations as to its meaning. I've never had a problem with that, I take the function of the press for what it is: a propagated viewpoint. Which is why its vitally important we have access to as many media avenues as possible, why amalgam, monopolisation of these avenues is to be resisted.

The real problem for me has always lain with what's not reported, with the stories that are deliberately quashed leaving the public with a lop-sided perspective on events, the consumption of false narrative.

A point without counter-point is the incubator for 'fake news.'

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 10:02 - Feb 2 with 3611 viewsperchrockjack

So which newspaper does one read then?

Clearly, if one reads the " wrong" one, then a fascist you are or thick .

Who owns the Morning Star

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 10:37 - Feb 2 with 3590 viewsyescomeon

There is no one absolute truth.

Upthecity!

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 10:39 - Feb 2 with 3587 viewsperchrockjack

The Lord s Word

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 10:40 - Feb 2 with 3583 viewsLord_Bony

Amen.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 10:42 - Feb 2 with 3575 viewsperchrockjack

Are oes heddwch... ( sic)

Hope the Lord brings you a good day Bony and many more.

We re off to Hilbre Island soon to watch the Seals .

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 11:57 - Feb 2 with 3540 viewsbennytee

Newspapers ..The truth ? on 10:02 - Feb 2 by perchrockjack

So which newspaper does one read then?

Clearly, if one reads the " wrong" one, then a fascist you are or thick .

Who owns the Morning Star

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Press_Printing_Society
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024