Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea council 18:48 - Feb 2 with 3595 viewsdickythorpe

On the day they are thinking of charging teachers to park at schools to make up some shortfall of funding deficits (pleading poverty) I've heard they've sold the civic centre to a local restaurant.
Any truth? And how much have they sold it for?
Swansea council on 12:45 - Feb 3 with 835 viewsperchrockjack

This and the previous conservative government shamefully ring fenced foreign aid which normally perpetuates dictators whilst cutting benefits here for people ,our people, in need .

Foreign aid makes us a humane country apparently.

Not sure giving money to various nutters to buy Saville Row suits and Designer gear for their wives is particularly humane

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea council on 13:34 - Feb 3 with 813 viewsjack2jack

Swansea council on 12:35 - Feb 3 by BarrySwan

I see.

So are you saying that Labour controlled Swansea council are charging their employees to park... whereas..for example....Conservative controlled Vale of Glamorgan council aren't?

And does this equate to the original statement of 'Almost all local employees are charged to park' or are we just talking about Labour party controlled Swansea council?
[Post edited 3 Feb 2018 12:42]

Can't speak for other local authorities,Swansea does charge it's employees to park in certain car parks,as stated by Dan, I believe that Cave Street employees and Pipehouse wharf employees park for free. I'm 90% sure of that.They were also charged at the Penllergaer site too.100%
Swansea council on 14:18 - Feb 3 with 800 viewsBarrySwan

Swansea council on 13:34 - Feb 3 by jack2jack

Can't speak for other local authorities,Swansea does charge it's employees to park in certain car parks,as stated by Dan, I believe that Cave Street employees and Pipehouse wharf employees park for free. I'm 90% sure of that.They were also charged at the Penllergaer site too.100%

Thanks for that.

So it appears that the original poster is getting carried away with hs 'All Local authority employees are being charged to park'

And that he may well have been referring to Labour run Swansea City Council.

Well if people aren't happy with the Swansea City Labour run council ( and who can blame anyone for being disgusted with the Labour party? ) then they should vote them out
Swansea council on 14:40 - Feb 3 with 785 viewsAguycalledJack

Be interesting to know how many on here have too use public transport, road parking, or pay and display car parks to get to work? Quite a few I would imagine, so why should teachers be treated any differently?

Just playing devils asvocate.
Swansea council on 14:48 - Feb 3 with 778 viewsjack2jack

Swansea council on 14:18 - Feb 3 by BarrySwan

Thanks for that.

So it appears that the original poster is getting carried away with hs 'All Local authority employees are being charged to park'

And that he may well have been referring to Labour run Swansea City Council.

Well if people aren't happy with the Swansea City Labour run council ( and who can blame anyone for being disgusted with the Labour party? ) then they should vote them out

Well it was muted several years ago that teachers were going to be charged.
Based on what I know,not all employees are charged,which is a bit rough really as some are getting away with not whilst some are,not fair really.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024