Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simpson on his exit from the club 11:00 - Feb 19 with 5787 viewssouthealingdale

https://www.coachesvoice.com/the-firing-line/

@upthedale on Twitter

Simpson on his exit from the club on 11:06 - Feb 19 with 5738 viewsRAFCBLUE

To be fair to Simpson, his mistake WAS Jamie Hoyland.

If you look at Simpson's progression and learning since, he's done ok and is currently doing the best job he has done with a squad.

Hoyland, on the other hand, does what? Writes for the bury Times and isn't otherwise involved in the game.

You're only as good as the team of people around you.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Simpson on his exit from the club on 12:49 - Feb 19 with 5554 viewsD_Dale

An interesting article. I liked Simmo as a player - a fair amount of skill and an eye for the goals.

Harder to judge him as a manager. Was the unnamed Chairman who invited him to take over from Hollins but threw him in the deep end David Kilpatrick (who usually gets praise on this forum for his work at the club)? That 'fickle' board of directors would have included the saintly Chris Dunphy, would it not?
Simpson on his exit from the club on 13:05 - Feb 19 with 5484 viewsfunkkk

He sounds a bitter man. I suppose you can’t blame him for not wanting to sack his mate though he should never have been allowed to hire Hoyland in the first place. Let’s not forget he inherited a good squad and plenty of fans wanted him out long before the season ended.
Simpson on his exit from the club on 13:05 - Feb 19 with 5483 viewsRespectTheChemistry

Jamie Hoyland was very effective with the younger players but alienated the senior ones such as Wayne Evans and Richard Jobson who I believe complained about him.

Simmo chose loyalty to his friend over a new contract. That was entirely his choice but Hoyland had to go.
Simpson on his exit from the club on 14:03 - Feb 19 with 5329 viewsChaffRAFC

The ramblings of a bitter man. And it takes one to know one!

Hoyland was a mistake, as were the constant omission of some of our best players like McCourt, Townson and Hodges. Hodges was signed on a very big wage for us and struggled with his feet and couldn't force his way in the team. Why was this? Because Simmo wanted to play himself constantly and yes, he was a belting player but when you're playing, you're leaving the management up to the assistant who wasn't capable in the slightest. He didn't learn and when he says 13th was good for Rochdale, he can f*** right off because he took over a side that finished in the playoffs and were favourites for automatic promotion. Had he not had the FA Cup run, the season would have been an even bigger disaster and he would have had to have been sacked before the end of the season.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Simpson on his exit from the club on 18:16 - Feb 19 with 5067 viewsD_Dale

Simpson on his exit from the club on 14:03 - Feb 19 by ChaffRAFC

The ramblings of a bitter man. And it takes one to know one!

Hoyland was a mistake, as were the constant omission of some of our best players like McCourt, Townson and Hodges. Hodges was signed on a very big wage for us and struggled with his feet and couldn't force his way in the team. Why was this? Because Simmo wanted to play himself constantly and yes, he was a belting player but when you're playing, you're leaving the management up to the assistant who wasn't capable in the slightest. He didn't learn and when he says 13th was good for Rochdale, he can f*** right off because he took over a side that finished in the playoffs and were favourites for automatic promotion. Had he not had the FA Cup run, the season would have been an even bigger disaster and he would have had to have been sacked before the end of the season.

Yeah, that sentence - "going into the last game of the season, we knew that a win would leave us around 13th in the Third Division — which, for Rochdale, was okay" - stuck in my craw. In recent years especially, mid-table mediocrity in the bottom tier hasn't been regarded as okay.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024