Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Delaney 12:29 - Apr 4 with 3509 viewsForever_and_a_Dale

Ryan Delaney deserves far more credit than he has been getting so far this season. Whenever we play at home and I go in the Sandy all I hear in the background are people criticising him (Albeit we could be beating Real Madrid 6-0 in the Champions League final and people in the Sandy would still find something to moan about) but for me since he has arrived at the club we have looked for more assured defensively and his introduction has McNulty looking far more settled.

Obviously, there are aspects of his game that need improving (i.e He looks a bit shaky with the ball at his feet and could definitely do with developing physically) considering this is the first time he's played over in England and considering the jump from the Irish league into League 1 I honestly believe we've got a player here with great potential.

Next season we could really see him push on and going off the Bury game he could definitely chip in with the odd goal from set pieces. If we can keep hold of Harrison we have the foundations to build a very good side next season whether we remain in League 1 or not, we just need to sort out our fluidity in attack because for the first time in years it has been our attack that has let us down this season although it does seem to be clicking just in time for our survival push.
Ryan Delaney on 12:34 - Apr 4 with 3479 viewssweetcorn

McGahey will be off in the summer, he’s out of contract in the summer and im sure other clubs will have recognised his talents..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Ryan Delaney on 12:40 - Apr 4 with 3451 viewsBartRowou

Totally agree with this. He's not the finished article but has been at the heart of the turnaround since Christmas.

There's too much short-termism in football these days: fans seize on the first mistake a player makes and write him off from thereon in.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Ryan Delaney on 12:51 - Apr 4 with 3410 views1907

Thought he had his best game for us last night. Even managed to deal well with Hanson in the second half. Great goal too & was unlucky not to score a second.
Ryan Delaney on 13:11 - Apr 4 with 3343 viewstony_roch975

He's been excellent. That old challenges become opportunities thing - Bunney transferred in the same window forces decision to play Done in his best position with formation change to 3 at the back; Daniels unexpected recall means (left footed) Delaney's signing which 'solves' left sided CB position which has been a problem all season and means McNulty can play central (where he's not turned as easily). Thought Delaney had lost a bit of concentration last couple of games so international break helped him re-focus (as Hilly said).

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Ryan Delaney on 13:16 - Apr 4 with 3316 viewsgeraldo

For the first time since Craig Dawson left I think we may have discovered someone who can be a threat from corners - Delaney seems to have the knack of being able to get into unmarked positions and was very unlucky not to get a second goal straight after the restart.
Credit should also be given to Inman who managed to put the ball onto his head at almost every corner.
I realise that everything that happened last night has to be taken in the context of a very poor Bury side but we can only hope Delaney's threat carries forward to the next two home games.
Ryan Delaney on 13:41 - Apr 4 with 3258 viewsForever_and_a_Dale

Ryan Delaney on 12:34 - Apr 4 by sweetcorn

McGahey will be off in the summer, he’s out of contract in the summer and im sure other clubs will have recognised his talents..

I suspect this will be the case, but we can dream. As much as he will be missed, he is certainly replaceable. His physical attributes often mask his lack of positional sense but he can certainly play at a higher level
Ryan Delaney on 13:46 - Apr 4 with 3234 viewsShun

He was my man of the match last night. I didn't expect him to play much this season as Hill was quick to note that he was one for the future and that we shouldn't expect too much too soon from him, but he's really impressed me. He's got huge potential too.

I'd like to see him be a bit more offensive from corners too because he made that goal last night look easy and we know from his time in Ireland that he likes to score.

Incidentally we could've easily had 3 goals from corners last night (2 from Delaney) but, like geraldo said, much of that was to do with Inman's excellent deliveries.
Ryan Delaney on 14:03 - Apr 4 with 3176 viewsdingdangblue

Ryan Delaney on 13:46 - Apr 4 by Shun

He was my man of the match last night. I didn't expect him to play much this season as Hill was quick to note that he was one for the future and that we shouldn't expect too much too soon from him, but he's really impressed me. He's got huge potential too.

I'd like to see him be a bit more offensive from corners too because he made that goal last night look easy and we know from his time in Ireland that he likes to score.

Incidentally we could've easily had 3 goals from corners last night (2 from Delaney) but, like geraldo said, much of that was to do with Inman's excellent deliveries.

Delaney can only improve the more he plays too - contrary to the usual doom monger's on here when Hill signed him from Burton - he has been another inspired find. Word for Inman too - a surprise when he came back into the team for the wins at Walsall and Rotherham - he has his fair share of critics but he has contributed well in the 4 recent wins and it was by far his best game in a Dale shirt last night.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Delaney on 14:19 - Apr 4 with 3127 viewselectricblue

A proper preseason will do him wonders.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Ryan Delaney on 14:22 - Apr 4 with 3114 viewsfitzochris

Ryan Delaney on 14:19 - Apr 4 by electricblue

A proper preseason will do him wonders.....

Aye, Jack Redshaw has had a cracking season.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Ryan Delaney on 14:33 - Apr 4 with 3072 viewsdingdangblue

Ryan Delaney on 14:22 - Apr 4 by fitzochris

Aye, Jack Redshaw has had a cracking season.

It's great when you find a level you are comfortable playing in 😉

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Ryan Delaney on 15:01 - Apr 4 with 3006 viewssweetcorn

Ryan Delaney on 14:03 - Apr 4 by dingdangblue

Delaney can only improve the more he plays too - contrary to the usual doom monger's on here when Hill signed him from Burton - he has been another inspired find. Word for Inman too - a surprise when he came back into the team for the wins at Walsall and Rotherham - he has his fair share of critics but he has contributed well in the 4 recent wins and it was by far his best game in a Dale shirt last night.

Personally didnt think inman was great last night, he put in a few good corners, but didnt really contribute much..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Ryan Delaney on 15:11 - Apr 4 with 2971 viewsNorthernDale

I do not want to tempt fate, especially when we are so close to safety, but I have to agree with Tony_Roch in that signing Delaney and letting Bunney going as transformed our season. In that Done looks good at left back and Delaney looks good on the left side of the three central defence and gives us some balance there, we we lacked up to January. ,I do agree that he is far from the finished article and hopefully will get better over time.

In respect to McGahey, I have nod doubt he will get better offers then the Dale, but I do wonder if we survive in league 1 will be be tempted with regular football in league 1 with the Dale and sign a new contract or move and risk what happened to him at Sheffield United when he disappeared into the reserves. If we go down the question will not even apply and he will be on his way to another club.
Ryan Delaney on 15:21 - Apr 4 with 2939 viewsfitzochris

Ryan Delaney on 14:33 - Apr 4 by dingdangblue

It's great when you find a level you are comfortable playing in 😉

Even better when you’ve had warm-weather training courtesy of a professional club.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Ryan Delaney on 15:30 - Apr 4 with 2911 viewsdingdangblue

Ryan Delaney on 15:21 - Apr 4 by fitzochris

Even better when you’ve had warm-weather training courtesy of a professional club.

It has been known to aid growth...but not always 😉

Ryan Delaney on 21:51 - Apr 4 with 2599 viewspaulscho

Inman put In few good corners? Seriously he made some great runs down the wing and looked pretty quick to inject us onto the front foot....great game and a great few weeks..well done

livinginadalewonderland

Ryan Delaney on 21:58 - Apr 4 with 2574 viewspaulscho

Four guys sit behind me every home game and all they do is slag Ryan off from start to Finnish of every game....well done lad keep showing them how you have improved the strength of the back four/five.....these blokes haven't got a bleeding clue...in fact the same blokes spent most of the season writing off our captain Ian Henderson....more twaddle...the guy has been carrying us forward like a captain fantastic for the last 3 months.....keep the faith.

livinginadalewonderland

Ryan Delaney on 22:14 - Apr 4 with 2512 viewsSuddenLad

Ryan Delaney on 21:58 - Apr 4 by paulscho

Four guys sit behind me every home game and all they do is slag Ryan off from start to Finnish of every game....well done lad keep showing them how you have improved the strength of the back four/five.....these blokes haven't got a bleeding clue...in fact the same blokes spent most of the season writing off our captain Ian Henderson....more twaddle...the guy has been carrying us forward like a captain fantastic for the last 3 months.....keep the faith.

Twaddle was useless.........

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024