Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Miners Strike 21:20 - Jul 21 with 6428 viewsDarran

The wife’s best friend from Llanelli is preparing for an art exhibition near Clitheroe in Lancashire based on the Miners Strike of the eighties in October.
They’ve been watching videos to prepare.
My wife showed me one of the videos and it suddenly dawned on me that an ex-policeman poster (moonie) has bragged in the past on here about how he enjoyed it and made lots of money in overtime.

The thought of it makes me feel physically sick.

Watch it and imagine what sort of person would brag about this.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=christmas+miners+strike+84&view=detail&mid=

[Post edited 21 Jul 2018 21:40]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Miners Strike on 02:36 - Jul 23 with 830 viewsDJack

The Miners Strike on 22:45 - Jul 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Perhaps he was a pit deputy . They had to go in to keep the pit pumps going to avoid flooding and losing the pit entirely

EH! Have you not read the thread...he stated why quite quickly after the post. Thank you for your belated input but we would prefer the answer from the horses mouth.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Miners Strike on 09:20 - Jul 23 with 747 viewstaffpunk

Being from the Rhondda, quite a few of my mates were miners. They very rarely had to pay for a pint in my local, they were either bought by other regulars, or the landlord wouldn't charge them. Also builders would give them work for a few days every week, even if they didn't really need more workers. People who had allotments would bring fruit and veg in for them, also collection tins were on the bars in most watering-holes. The days when local community spirit was still really strong, not sure if the same would happen now tbh.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

The Miners Strike on 09:32 - Jul 23 with 737 viewsswan65split

The Miners Strike on 21:53 - Jul 21 by dickythorpe

The decade that changed Britain forever.
Disgusting greed and enjoyment of others suffering.

This...correct, changed and not for the best.
The Miners Strike on 09:41 - Jul 23 with 725 viewsswan65split

I was working the morning they all boarded the transporters at PT harbour, it was my job to make sure the cranes were safe with them on board, overlooked by a few burly strikers I carried on, at the end my mate said "is that it now Sarge" shyte myself or what, lol
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024