Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Improvement 20:18 - Aug 24 with 3707 viewsrochdaleriddler

So according to keef we have improved from last season, but some people can’t see it. Yep I’m one of those

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Improvement on 14:34 - Aug 25 with 929 viewsJames1980

Improvement on 12:16 - Aug 25 by brownale

That's probably because the opposition aren't playing to our plan but their own.

True but I am talking more about the basics, passing accuracy, not wasting dead ball situations, players attacking then being stranded with no one to pass to. Any way the kiosks are now selling a footlong sausage in a roll, hopefully they pass the taste test

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Improvement on 16:37 - Aug 25 with 888 viewsCleedale

Improvement on 23:03 - Aug 24 by Shun

I’m not doubting Scunthorpe’s budget, but where does it all come from? Their crowds are only slightly larger than ours and have been for a while. Do they have a rich backer?

Hi Shun,

Living East Coast way, tend to hear rumblings about some of these clubs.

Allegedly, Peter Swann (Scunnie's chairman), had big plans for Gainsborough Trinity. Seem to remember his offering a decent sum for their old ground, (owned by member's of their Blue's Club)?, and then relocating a new build out of town, 4,000 capacity. In fact Paul Connor turned up as a striker.

Allegedly the offer was rejected and for whatever reason Peter Swann turned up at the helm with Scunthorpe. Not sure what truth is written in Wikipedia but interesting read here; especially since you ask about their budget. Whether or not this is a potential source - who knows - but the 'Business' paragraph could explain a little.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Swann

Also, think someone mentioned their sacking of Daws quite quickly and pretty sure that this was explained as employing a very good coach which is different from being a manager...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45295424
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024