Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ethan Ampadu 21:34 - Sep 6 with 6025 viewsgolly47

Not even 18 yet, jesus christ.

Poll: What was worse?

Ethan Ampadu on 00:01 - Sep 7 with 1657 viewshobo

Ethan Ampadu on 23:36 - Sep 6 by omarjack

Don't be all disappointed because we've missed on a chance to sign him.

Huw would have sold him last year for 5-10 m.

Very true. or £2m last month
Ethan Ampadu on 00:03 - Sep 7 with 1652 viewstheloneranger

Ethan Ampadu on 22:51 - Sep 6 by Kilkennyjack

Rubbish.

The same rules apply to all football nations.
Ethan’s mum is welsh, its all very straightforward.

He was eligible to play for Wales, England, Ireland and Ghana

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ethan Ampadu on 00:07 - Sep 7 with 1640 viewsmajorraglan

There’s no doubt the kid has talent, he could be an outstanding player, one of the best if he continues developing like he is and can stay injury free. I was at the game tonight, he made lots of good passes tonight, but there was one cross field ball with a bit of spin on it that was sub mile, truly outstanding.

His mother is Welsh and he has played for Wales Under 14,15,16 and 17s, he may also have captained some of the teams, that’s good enough for me.
Ethan Ampadu on 00:42 - Sep 7 with 1595 viewsjasper_T

Ethan Ampadu on 23:50 - Sep 6 by BLAZE

The academy was granted Cat1 status just two years ago. For about that long you've been bleating about lack of Welsh talent in the higher age groups. But as you pointed out, Roberts and Rodon go all the way back to CoE days - and they are only now breaking through. Academy has always been about investing for the future, you're not going to see the benefits over night. The signing of older players from Scotland etc. has been to fill a gap until the local academy talent works its way through the system

Your concerns are at least 3 or 4 years early
[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 23:56]

I've always been a supporter of bringing in players to supplement the development ranks - playing in good teams makes players better - but it's hard to argue that we haven't brought in some poor players for serious money that have actively blocked the progress of local lads.

Adam King was borderline but Botti Biabi and Ryan Blair after him were clearly one particular scout trying to justify his job to the tune of hundreds of thousands of pounds, and their involvement cost players like Dan James, Liam Cullen and particularly Jack Evans significant game time in the u23s.

Tyler Reid is another who was brought in when we already had Connor, Aaron Lewis and Mael Davies at right back through the levels. Marco Dulca is a far worse player than many we've released in the last two seasons, but his dad was famous...
Ethan Ampadu on 01:05 - Sep 7 with 1569 viewsChief

Ethan Ampadu on 00:42 - Sep 7 by jasper_T

I've always been a supporter of bringing in players to supplement the development ranks - playing in good teams makes players better - but it's hard to argue that we haven't brought in some poor players for serious money that have actively blocked the progress of local lads.

Adam King was borderline but Botti Biabi and Ryan Blair after him were clearly one particular scout trying to justify his job to the tune of hundreds of thousands of pounds, and their involvement cost players like Dan James, Liam Cullen and particularly Jack Evans significant game time in the u23s.

Tyler Reid is another who was brought in when we already had Connor, Aaron Lewis and Mael Davies at right back through the levels. Marco Dulca is a far worse player than many we've released in the last two seasons, but his dad was famous...

Famous for what?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Ethan Ampadu on 01:33 - Sep 7 with 1553 viewsbuilthjack

Ethan Ampadu on 00:03 - Sep 7 by theloneranger

He was eligible to play for Wales, England, Ireland and Ghana

Why on earth would he play for England, Ireland, or Ghana?
He came through the ranks, saw the set up in detail, and chose the best.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ethan Ampadu on 01:44 - Sep 7 with 1547 viewsSwanjaxs

Ethan Ampadu on 00:07 - Sep 7 by majorraglan

There’s no doubt the kid has talent, he could be an outstanding player, one of the best if he continues developing like he is and can stay injury free. I was at the game tonight, he made lots of good passes tonight, but there was one cross field ball with a bit of spin on it that was sub mile, truly outstanding.

His mother is Welsh and he has played for Wales Under 14,15,16 and 17s, he may also have captained some of the teams, that’s good enough for me.

His mother is from Swansea, an old Shades girl 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Ethan Ampadu on 03:57 - Sep 7 with 1513 viewsDewi1jack

Ethan Ampadu on 22:51 - Sep 6 by Kilkennyjack

Rubbish.

The same rules apply to all football nations.
Ethan’s mum is welsh, its all very straightforward.

Wasn't it because Vinnie Jones had a great grannie who was Welsh?
Or Dai Van Den Hauwe?
Pretty sure he had a tenuous link as well.

It seemed at that time many nations were doing the same.
Trawling through the birth records trying to find the most tenuous link possible

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Login to get fewer ads

Ethan Ampadu on 06:50 - Sep 7 with 1429 viewsAnotherJohn

Ethan Ampadu on 22:42 - Sep 6 by libertyx

Apparently when we bought Matty Grimes, Ethan was offered to us at the sametime for £100,000 but Jenkins said no. Ethan was 15 at the time but was tipped for a big future. That information came from a very reliable person.

Typical of the club to miss out. Even punters like myself could see the huge potential.

One for the future?
at 07:59 10 Aug 2016

Kwame Ampadu's lad Ethan became Exeter City's youngest ever player - at 15 years, 10 months and 26 days - when he starred in defense in the 1-0 victory over Brentford last night. He beat the record of Cliff Bastin, who as most will know was an Arsenal legend in the inter-war years. Apparently a lot of clubs are interested. One wonders if Kwame's links with the Swans might give us an advantage if Ethan catches our scouts' eyes. I bet some PS regulars will say don't go back after Grimes!

Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad
at 14:47 25 May 2017

Kwame's boy has been called up into the Wales training squad. I've said before he is worth monitoring. Exeter City isn't a bad little club, and we should perhaps bring that club into our sphere of influence. A couple of loans (perhaps even consider Grimes) in return for 'first dibs' could work.
Ethan Ampadu on 07:32 - Sep 7 with 1373 viewsmajorraglan

Ethan Ampadu on 01:33 - Sep 7 by builthjack

Why on earth would he play for England, Ireland, or Ghana?
He came through the ranks, saw the set up in detail, and chose the best.

I saw a Builth Jack flag hanging on a railing in the Ninian Stand, was that you?
Ethan Ampadu on 09:50 - Sep 7 with 1234 viewsEbo

I was very very impressed with him again last night. An ability beyond his years, composed and calm and always wanting/showing for the ball. He was constantly organising, finding space, putting a tackle in and that assist was world class.

Needs careful handling at club level as there is always the danger of too much too soon. Conte really rated the kid and he featured a lot in the matchday squad last season. He's got good people like Bale and Giggs around him who experienced similar hype at his age.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Ethan Ampadu on 10:18 - Sep 7 with 1204 viewsjasper_T

Ethan Ampadu on 01:05 - Sep 7 by Chief

Famous for what?

Played for Romania in a world cup.
Ethan Ampadu on 11:30 - Sep 7 with 1148 viewsBadlands

Not sure we were ever in for Ampadu - wasn't it rumoured because we had links with Exeter, his mum is from Swansea and Kwame had been one of ours?
At the time Grimes came to us Ethan was a few months over 14 so would we have paid out biggish money for a 14 yea old?
When he moved from Exeter it was to Chelsea and we were in the mire.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ethan Ampadu on 13:49 - Sep 7 with 1027 viewsFireboy2

Ethan Ampadu on 07:32 - Sep 7 by majorraglan

I saw a Builth Jack flag hanging on a railing in the Ninian Stand, was that you?

It surely was maj

I met him at ht

Top bloke is ken
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024