Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Posters 09:58 - Dec 13 with 2875 viewsspell_chekker

As far as posting / participating on a message board goes, I've had a great time posting on here.

Size isn't everything and I couldn't care less about having lots of traffic on the board. However, I do think we need a few more posters. Not many, perhaps half a dozen or so.

So, if there are any lurkers out there, come and join in with us on this no abuse board.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

New Posters on 14:15 - Jan 10 with 715 viewsspell_chekker

New Posters on 14:02 - Jan 10 by seasider81

So was I. Started off as bungletheseasider, then Algarve Seasider and now A_Tense_Grin.

Got fed up with the constant server overloads on match days (when Middlesbrough were playing) and the fact it was difficult to use on a mobile. I thought every other club has got a dedicated modern forum so why can't BFC. This is where BHS came from. The lack of football makes the task a lot harder.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 14:20]

Some people have started posting on here since the new year. Not many, but some really good ones. Rebeca, Spud, Fred, TITD amongst others.

They've made some great contributions, lets hope we can all flourish in a good environment.

Long may it continue.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

New Posters on 14:20 - Jan 10 with 707 viewsjanegallagher

So was I. Started off as bungletheseasider, then Algarve Seasider and now A_Tense_Grin.

Got fed up with the constant server overloads on match days (when Middlesbrough were playing) and the fact it was difficult to use on a mobile. I thought every other club has got a dedicated modern forum so why can't BFC. This is where BHS came from. The lack of football makes the task a lot harder.

Nicey nicey . I’d call it being respectful. As for the WUMs, you mean those who dare to have a different opinion. How about the ones who use threats of violence ? The ones who are friends of yours and Robbie, I suppose they’re great lads aye.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

New Posters on 14:31 - Jan 10 with 693 viewsspell_chekker

New Posters on 14:20 - Jan 10 by janegallagher

Nicey nicey . I’d call it being respectful. As for the WUMs, you mean those who dare to have a different opinion. How about the ones who use threats of violence ? The ones who are friends of yours and Robbie, I suppose they’re great lads aye.

Thanks for reminding me Jane.

BRR has been posting as well recently.

New Posters on 14:45 - Jan 10 with 687 viewsLala

New Posters on 14:31 - Jan 10 by spell_chekker

Thanks for reminding me Jane.

BRR has been posting as well recently.

Rotts hits the nail on the head for me, followed by Jane.

And nice isn’t a problem in my world. You can debate and discuss and disagree fiercely but still respectfully.

I found some of the Wums more respectful than a few regular posters so they definitely weren’t an issue for me. Plus, a wum on avftt is often defined simply by holding an alternative view, so not a wum at all.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

New Posters on 15:08 - Jan 10 with 675 viewsstu

New Posters on 14:45 - Jan 10 by Lala

Rotts hits the nail on the head for me, followed by Jane.

And nice isn’t a problem in my world. You can debate and discuss and disagree fiercely but still respectfully.

I found some of the Wums more respectful than a few regular posters so they definitely weren’t an issue for me. Plus, a wum on avftt is often defined simply by holding an alternative view, so not a wum at all.

Anyway I'll keep popping by - mainly for football debate

We’re not worthy

Tangerine is the new black

New Posters on 16:17 - Jan 10 with 661 views3goalsfred

I registered on here recently and It’s a breath of fresh air. I see some familiar usernames from t'other side, spellchecker, TAM, but special thanks to Jane and lala for 'facilitating' the transfer!
I came across some decent posters over there but I have to say that many respond with hostility as soon as there’s any mention of attending games. No quarter given. I’m all for freedom of choice and respecting the views of others. I attend games but if others choose to boycott for their own reasons I’m not going to fall out with them, what would be the point?
Anyway, suffice to say it’s a much less stressful experience on here for which I’m grateful
Fred
Nice Posters 😃 on 16:48 - Jan 10 with 652 viewsjanegallagher

New Posters on 16:17 - Jan 10 by 3goalsfred

I registered on here recently and It’s a breath of fresh air. I see some familiar usernames from t'other side, spellchecker, TAM, but special thanks to Jane and lala for 'facilitating' the transfer!
I came across some decent posters over there but I have to say that many respond with hostility as soon as there’s any mention of attending games. No quarter given. I’m all for freedom of choice and respecting the views of others. I attend games but if others choose to boycott for their own reasons I’m not going to fall out with them, what would be the point?
Anyway, suffice to say it’s a much less stressful experience on here for which I’m grateful
Fred

Fred 👍 Long may it continue. Oh and anyone who sees being respectful as a negative, my advice would be, just stay away. This place isn’t for you.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Nice Posters 😃 on 18:01 - Jan 10 with 630 viewsLala

Nice Posters 😃 on 16:48 - Jan 10 by janegallagher

Fred 👍 Long may it continue. Oh and anyone who sees being respectful as a negative, my advice would be, just stay away. This place isn’t for you.

Fred 👍

And wise words Jane.

Login to get fewer ads

Nice Posters 😃 on 18:06 - Jan 10 with 629 viewsspell_chekker

Nice Posters 😃 on 18:01 - Jan 10 by Lala

Fred 👍

And wise words Jane.

There are fans with all kinds of views on here Fred and all have had enough of dishing out or getting grief becuase of their attendance or not.

New Posters on 18:58 - Jan 10 with 619 viewsImperial

I still read threads on AVFTT and post occasionally. I gave up on BHS some time ago. This site is a sea of calm in comparison.
New Posters on 20:46 - Jan 10 with 605 viewsTwelveAngryMen

New Posters on 14:20 - Jan 10 by janegallagher

Jane I think you misunderstood me as I misunderstood you the other day

I was referring to why the site might not attract more over from AVFTT

As for the WUMs there's plenty - take for eg Borderline who convinced me he was genuine via private email but turned out to be Steve Smith

I also had in mind the likes of MadeTuPay who are allowed to antagonise without being banned

I didn't intend to ' open up wounds ' as to why the migration over here occurred in the first place

#footballfirst

New Posters on 21:29 - Jan 10 with 594 viewsjanegallagher

New Posters on 20:46 - Jan 10 by TwelveAngryMen

As for the WUMs there's plenty - take for eg Borderline who convinced me he was genuine via private email but turned out to be Steve Smith

I also had in mind the likes of MadeTuPay who are allowed to antagonise without being banned

I didn't intend to ' open up wounds ' as to why the migration over here occurred in the first place

Firstly I did not deliberately put a minus on this post. I was having a nosey who’d put the plus 😃

To be honest TAM, I think folk who will come over here are the ones who’ll be sick of all the bile posted on avftt.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

New Posters on 23:43 - Jan 10 with 576 views3goalsfred

Evening TAM, you know me from the other site and you also know me personally from the discussions I’ve had with you and BST Committee members outside Bloomfield. I’m not suggesting I won’t ever post again on AVFTT but after years of abuse and endless arguments I started to think, what’s the point? I haven’t ever experienced the level of hostility directed at me from there at any point in my life. I’ve never experienced such a rejection of any desire to debate in a civil manner. So from now on I’ll spend much more time on this site where my sanity isn’t constantly put to the test.
I’ll still look forward to the discussions with yourself, Christine and the other committee members outside BR where (to my face at least!) we remain friends!
Up the Pool
Fred
New Posters on 09:01 - Jan 11 with 559 viewsTwelveAngryMen

New Posters on 23:43 - Jan 10 by 3goalsfred

Evening TAM, you know me from the other site and you also know me personally from the discussions I’ve had with you and BST Committee members outside Bloomfield. I’m not suggesting I won’t ever post again on AVFTT but after years of abuse and endless arguments I started to think, what’s the point? I haven’t ever experienced the level of hostility directed at me from there at any point in my life. I’ve never experienced such a rejection of any desire to debate in a civil manner. So from now on I’ll spend much more time on this site where my sanity isn’t constantly put to the test.
I’ll still look forward to the discussions with yourself, Christine and the other committee members outside BR where (to my face at least!) we remain friends!
Up the Pool
Fred

Fred always appreciate the fact that you come to chat with those at the outdoor office

We might not agree on each others stance however the discussions as to our respective positions is always conducted in good humour

Pity more don't do that - we aren't enemies

#footballfirst

New Posters on 09:09 - Jan 11 with 556 viewsLala

New Posters on 09:01 - Jan 11 by TwelveAngryMen

Fred always appreciate the fact that you come to chat with those at the outdoor office

We might not agree on each others stance however the discussions as to our respective positions is always conducted in good humour

Pity more don't do that - we aren't enemies

We shouldn’t be enemies TAM, but the problem is there are far too many think we are.

New Posters on 09:28 - Jan 11 with 550 viewsspell_chekker

New Posters on 09:09 - Jan 11 by Lala

We shouldn’t be enemies TAM, but the problem is there are far too many think we are.

I don't think there'll be much trouble under new owners.

Most people are simply fed up with the whole shooting match.

Even if there are problems among fans, the club will be well and truely shafted.

BFC isn't well supported as it is and already has a problem in rebuilding its fanbase. There aren't enough supporters in the first place without existing ones being forced out.

New Posters on 10:13 - Jan 11 with 545 viewsROTTWEILERS

New Posters on 09:28 - Jan 11 by spell_chekker

I don't think there'll be much trouble under new owners.

Most people are simply fed up with the whole shooting match.

Even if there are problems among fans, the club will be well and truely shafted.

BFC isn't well supported as it is and already has a problem in rebuilding its fanbase. There aren't enough supporters in the first place without existing ones being forced out.

Agreed. Angry, impotent, misdirected rage.

Boring

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

New Posters on 11:55 - Jan 11 with 534 viewsAllezBlackpool

New Posters on 10:13 - Jan 11 by ROTTWEILERS

Agreed. Angry, impotent, misdirected rage.

Boring

I might post on here a bit more regularly. Be nice not to get any abuse

Happy to provide the food related content too

AVFTT's resident gastronome
Poll: Which Food Items would you like the concourses to sell

New Posters on 12:24 - Jan 11 with 529 viewsLala

New Posters on 11:55 - Jan 11 by AllezBlackpool

I might post on here a bit more regularly. Be nice not to get any abuse

Happy to provide the food related content too

You're welcome to post more Alez.

You don't have to choose between sites, you can post on as many as you like, anybody can. You just get a different 'feel' and a different reaction on each site. If you like posting on more than one then why not - there isn't such a thing as forum monogamy................yet

New Posters on 13:11 - Jan 11 with 519 viewsspell_chekker

New Posters on 12:24 - Jan 11 by Lala

You're welcome to post more Alez.

You don't have to choose between sites, you can post on as many as you like, anybody can. You just get a different 'feel' and a different reaction on each site. If you like posting on more than one then why not - there isn't such a thing as forum monogamy................yet

Yes Allez, what Lala said.

New Posters on 13:28 - Jan 11 with 513 viewsspell_chekker

New Posters on 13:11 - Jan 11 by spell_chekker

Yes Allez, what Lala said.

Fred seems to be a true gent.

New Posters on 23:45 - Jan 12 with 503 views3goalsfred

I’m happy to talk about football, attending games, staying away from games, o/t, anything in fact as long as the debate is conducted pretty much along the lines it would if we were talking face to face. I don’t do abuse, name calling etc but taking the mickey is great!
New Posters on 23:54 - Jan 12 with 500 views3goalsfred

New Posters on 13:28 - Jan 11 by spell_chekker

Fred seems to be a true gent.

spell chekker, aww thanks, I’m filling up! But you’re right 🤪😇
New Posters on 01:02 - Jan 13 with 487 viewstodayistheday

Ha ha Tam, banning posters from a football message board for antagonizing other posters. What have you,mosser and others been doing for years regarding Belokon making his moves. Will you be banning folk who go against the grain when you become CEO but happily parade with known hooligans. Time to change tack.
New Posters on 13:40 - Jan 13 with 443 viewsROTTWEILERS

New Posters on 01:02 - Jan 13 by todayistheday

Ha ha Tam, banning posters from a football message board for antagonizing other posters. What have you,mosser and others been doing for years regarding Belokon making his moves. Will you be banning folk who go against the grain when you become CEO but happily parade with known hooligans. Time to change tack.

I thought pissed up posting was my bag 🤣

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024