Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxford United (h) 18:50 - Mar 12 with 16387 viewsBlueDales

https://mobile.twitter.com/officiallydale/status/1105540319024685056?ref_src=tws

So, who's at centre back then?
Oxford United (h) on 21:45 - Mar 12 with 3145 viewsjacko_dale

Oxford United (h) on 21:43 - Mar 12 by fitzochris

Camps didn’t have a shocker.

Funny how people see things differently. I agree that, aside from a few shaky moments, he was one of our better players tonight.
Oxford United (h) on 21:45 - Mar 12 with 3142 viewsShun

That was a game with as low quality as I’ve seen for years. I don’t think either side put a string of more than 2 passes together all night. It was also as bad as anything we saw under Hill this year. Ntlhe was the one shining light - he looked so composed at the back, and for such a tiny human being he’s got the highest leap on the pitch.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 22:26]
Oxford United (h) on 21:46 - Mar 12 with 3133 viewsfitzochris

Oxford United (h) on 21:19 - Mar 12 by frenzied

Wilbraham on for Williams

Perhaps in the hope the ball would stick up their end more. It didn’t.

Williams had the best chance of the second half. He brought the ball down brilliantly on the edge of the box, turned inside his man and met the ball towards the bottom corner. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and say the pitch slowed his shot down.

Kgosi was rightly the man of the match. Every time a ball was intercepted or won in the box, it was him.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 10:55]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Oxford United (h) on 21:47 - Mar 12 with 3101 viewsSandyDrum

That free kick at the end that was smashed into the first man nearly made me kill myself. So bad.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:48 - Mar 12 with 3093 viewsfitzochris

Oxford United (h) on 21:45 - Mar 12 by jacko_dale

Funny how people see things differently. I agree that, aside from a few shaky moments, he was one of our better players tonight.

He certainly was. He was everywhere and, despite being caught in possession a few times, tried to play intelligent balls on that surface.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 21:49]

Oxford United (h) on 21:51 - Mar 12 with 3022 viewsrichfoad32

Inman had a decent second half, even put a few tackles in. Keohane did alright on his debut as well, considering he was playing in an unfamiliar position. Draw a fair result, really need a win at Accy now.
Oxford United (h) on 21:52 - Mar 12 with 3012 viewsFatBoyCassy

Everything Dale did well went via Inman. The best chance of the night fell to Henderson who dithered and allowed the defender to clear for a corner. Keohane had a reasonable debut. Neither side played like a team looking to seriously avoid relegation.
Oxford United (h) on 21:55 - Mar 12 with 2952 viewsfrenzied

Oxford United (h) on 21:45 - Mar 12 by Shun

That was a game with as low quality as I’ve seen for years. I don’t think either side put a string of more than 2 passes together all night. It was also as bad as anything we saw under Hill this year. Ntlhe was the one shining light - he looked so composed at the back, and for such a tiny human being he’s got the highest leap on the pitch.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 22:26]

Ntlhe was excellent again..also a threat at set pieces..Camps got us out of jail at the back several times..Williams impressed.

It will be interesting to see how the team shape up on a better surface with better weather..not the easiest 2 games for BBM to start with..wind hail bumpy pitch etc etc
Login to get fewer ads

Oxford United (h) on 22:15 - Mar 12 with 2746 viewstony_roch975

Why did we abandon the 3 at the back formation which worked on Sat and saved us last season. That formation also makes for a more solid m/field and allows us to attack down the flanks with the W/Bs. Even without EEL and MJW that had to be the best option.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Oxford United (h) on 22:17 - Mar 12 with 2718 viewsfirgrovedale51

Oxford United (h) on 21:10 - Mar 12 by blackdogblue

For the record, it’s “ched” as my boy would say, read into that fooking cold...

Hills legacy, have 10 left footed players on the pitch...

Camps having a shocker but worse of all..

The lights in the Pearl St lights flickering are either morse code for we’re playing shite or linked to the volume control that doesn’t work either... & damn annoying 🤨

Camps had a great game
Oxford United (h) on 22:20 - Mar 12 with 2680 viewsjudd

What a shit spectacle that was.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Oxford United (h) on 22:24 - Mar 12 with 2640 viewsfirgrovedale51

Oxford United (h) on 22:20 - Mar 12 by judd

What a shit spectacle that was.

Oxford are the dirtiest team I have seen at Spotland this season they look like a Darren Ferguson team a load of moaning diving spoilers .
Oxford United (h) on 22:27 - Mar 12 with 2590 viewsAndy_TOPO

Scrappy game, played in difficult conditions on a crap pitch. Dale fought for everything, as did Oxford. Ntlhe's MoM was well deserved, Camps played okay, Bunny was both excellent and useless at the same time and Jim did well to last the 90, considering all the play acting Mackie was doing to try and get him a second yellow.

Probably a fair result, roll on Saturday.
Oxford United (h) on 22:29 - Mar 12 with 2553 viewsShun

Oxford United (h) on 22:24 - Mar 12 by firgrovedale51

Oxford are the dirtiest team I have seen at Spotland this season they look like a Darren Ferguson team a load of moaning diving spoilers .

I wouldn’t say they were anywhere near the same level as Doncaster or Portsmouth.
Oxford United (h) on 22:34 - Mar 12 with 2505 viewsDaleFan7

It was a game that if you played all week neither team would have scored. I think there's too much disconnect between defence and attack, our midfield has been really poor this season. It is funny how people see the game differently because I thought Camps and Inman were poor. Williams had a decent game off awful service and McNulty was solid again.

Nthle MoM by a mile again. For someone small in stature he certainly isn't afraid to get stuck in and he won every header all night.

It's our first clean sheet in a long time and we've got 4 points from our last 2 games having picked up 4 from our previous 11. I think a return to 3 at the back when EEL is available again would be the way forward.
Oxford United (h) on 22:39 - Mar 12 with 2432 viewsAndy_TOPO

Not really sure what people are expecting from Camps, he probably made more tackles and interceptions than any other midfielder tonight, he rarely hoofs it, always tries to find a pass and keep possession. He does get caught out dwelling on the ball sometimes, but not that often.

Tonight the only better player was Ntlhe.
Oxford United (h) on 22:40 - Mar 12 with 2419 viewsblackdogblue

Oxford United (h) on 21:43 - Mar 12 by fitzochris

Camps didn’t have a shocker.

Let’s agree to disagree on this one...

First half 20% pass rate & nearly put them through, not sure where you sit but from main stand not good

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Oxford United (h) on 22:45 - Mar 12 with 2357 viewsfitzochris

Oxford United (h) on 22:40 - Mar 12 by blackdogblue

Let’s agree to disagree on this one...

First half 20% pass rate & nearly put them through, not sure where you sit but from main stand not good

Where did you get Camps’ individual pass rate from?

Nobody played short passes particularly well due to the surface. And, as I said in my first post, he was caught in possession a couple of times, but he more than did his share in that DM role.

He, in my opinion, certainly did not have a shocker.

Oxford United (h) on 22:48 - Mar 12 with 2319 viewsDaleFan7

Oxford United (h) on 22:39 - Mar 12 by Andy_TOPO

Not really sure what people are expecting from Camps, he probably made more tackles and interceptions than any other midfielder tonight, he rarely hoofs it, always tries to find a pass and keep possession. He does get caught out dwelling on the ball sometimes, but not that often.

Tonight the only better player was Ntlhe.

Expect him to be able to play a 5-10 yard pass without thinking he's Ronaldinho every time. Keep it simple, he gets himself into too many bad situations trying to be cleverer than his ability will let him. If he just played simple balls and kept it normal then he'd probably start improving again.
Oxford United (h) on 22:54 - Mar 12 with 2244 views100notout

Oxford United (h) on 22:45 - Mar 12 by fitzochris

Where did you get Camps’ individual pass rate from?

Nobody played short passes particularly well due to the surface. And, as I said in my first post, he was caught in possession a couple of times, but he more than did his share in that DM role.

He, in my opinion, certainly did not have a shocker.

He made some important tackles but couldn't control a paper handkerchief tonight, misplaced loads of tackles and got caught in possession far too many times. Overall he had a poor game. The player ratings also suggest MB posters think he was one of our worst players

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Oxford United (h) on 22:57 - Mar 12 with 2210 viewsfitzochris

Oxford United (h) on 22:54 - Mar 12 by 100notout

He made some important tackles but couldn't control a paper handkerchief tonight, misplaced loads of tackles and got caught in possession far too many times. Overall he had a poor game. The player ratings also suggest MB posters think he was one of our worst players

Well I don’t think he was. What do you want me to do, change my mind?

How many players could control the ball tonight? There was a lot of miscontrol, which was mainly down to the state of the pitch.

Oxford United (h) on 23:00 - Mar 12 with 2186 views100notout

Oxford United (h) on 22:57 - Mar 12 by fitzochris

Well I don’t think he was. What do you want me to do, change my mind?

How many players could control the ball tonight? There was a lot of miscontrol, which was mainly down to the state of the pitch.

Yes there was and camps was one of the worst offenders.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Oxford United (h) on 23:11 - Mar 12 with 2082 viewsfirgrovedale51

Oxford United (h) on 23:00 - Mar 12 by 100notout

Rubbish , just my humble opinion of course
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 23:12]
Oxford United (h) on 23:12 - Mar 12 with 2078 viewsoddjob007

Oxford United (h) on 23:00 - Mar 12 by 100notout

Takes too many touches and tries the Hollywood pass too often.

No questioning his desire or workrate, but for a creative central midfielder, his passing was awful tonight, and has been most of the season.
Oxford United (h) on 23:16 - Mar 12 with 2046 viewsfitzochris

Oxford United (h) on 23:12 - Mar 12 by oddjob007

Takes too many touches and tries the Hollywood pass too often.

No questioning his desire or workrate, but for a creative central midfielder, his passing was awful tonight, and has been most of the season.

The fact we’re trying to rate passing tonight, on that surface, when the default ball from almost every player was like a shell from an anti-aircraft gun, ends the debate for me.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024