Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 19:48 - Mar 26 with 21571 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 14:14]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:12 - Mar 30 with 2264 viewsBrad_Bobbly

BUT BUT BUT WE WON THE PASSING!!!!!!!
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:19 - Mar 30 with 2186 viewsLord_Bony

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 16:59 - Mar 30 by monmouth

I hate us.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:20 - Mar 30 with 2159 views34dfgdf54

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 15:46 - Mar 30 by Badlands

McBurnie and James not as efficient as many believe?

Softening the blow for when they get flogged again
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:21 - Mar 30 with 2153 viewsswan65split

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:19 - Mar 30 by Lord_Bony

missed it as i was in a meeting. how did it go?
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:31 - Mar 30 with 2050 viewsBrynCartwright

very disappointing again. Getting used to it now unfortunately. As soon as went 1 up there was a little gremlin eating away saying they wouldn't keep the lead; and they didn't. Real next level stuff Jenkins. Cheers you dildo.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:32 - Mar 30 with 2033 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:06 - Mar 30 by ymaohyd

The saddest part at the moment is that we have absolutely no ability to surprise. Everything is predictable. The writing was on the wall at the home game against Ipswich, I was seething, but so everything has continued. Lovely football, nice and neat performances but no ability to shock, score last minute winners.

Watch the way Leeds, Norwich and the rest of the top championship teams fight and sweat blood right up to the final whistle.

Which is why they are where they are, and we are where we are...I'm well and truly p*ssed off, If I could, I'd bugger off and support some other team, but I can't, I'm stuck with this f*cking shower of shyte.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 17:42]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:34 - Mar 30 with 2017 viewsGlyn1

Serious question. Should we play pretty Potteresque football or Martin O'Neil percentage football and win from set pieces?

Here's a typical comment from a Forest fan:

Absolute daylight robbery. 

Struggling to remember the last time I watched a game where one team was so totally dominant yet lost.

We're used to the MON tactics now - destroy and strangle the life out of the game for 70 mins, then bring on some creativity and fresh legs to try and nick it. 

Swansea were a joy to watch. Just lacking a cutting edge up front. 

We are awful to watch, but Cardiff got promoted last season playing like us so you never know.

I'll take the 3 points, but it didnt feel like a win.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 17:35]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:35 - Mar 30 with 2003 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:31 - Mar 30 by BrynCartwright

very disappointing again. Getting used to it now unfortunately. As soon as went 1 up there was a little gremlin eating away saying they wouldn't keep the lead; and they didn't. Real next level stuff Jenkins. Cheers you dildo.

Sickeningly predictable. Dominate the game and lose to an inferior side managed by Martin O'Neil. And after taking the lead with 15 minutes to go. Man up FFS!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:41 - Mar 30 with 1945 viewsCaptain_Sham

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:34 - Mar 30 by Glyn1

Serious question. Should we play pretty Potteresque football or Martin O'Neil percentage football and win from set pieces?

Struggling to remember the last time I watched a game where one team was so totally dominant yet lost.

We're used to the MON tactics now - destroy and strangle the life out of the game for 70 mins, then bring on some creativity and fresh legs to try and nick it. 

We are awful to watch, but Cardiff got promoted last season playing like us so you never know.

Its bad enough to read that once. To read it after every game is a crime. Something needs to change because we are getting mugged every week.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 17:42]

Its just a ride.

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:42 - Mar 30 with 1940 viewsLord_Bony

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:21 - Mar 30 by swan65split

missed it as i was in a meeting. how did it go?

Looked promising I thought we could actually get three points.

Then as per usual we ran out of steam and it all turned to shite at the end.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:44 - Mar 30 with 1922 viewstreboeth1966

For most of the game they were superb . The comments are shocking . Young team who will make mistakes etc . Its such a pity half of them will be gone
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:47 - Mar 30 with 1899 viewsmonmouth

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:34 - Mar 30 by Glyn1

Potteresque football of course, but get a proper set piece defensive coach in and a proper midfielder that can pass and protect the defence. I know, it only were that easy. But I'd still rather be trying to play our way than theirs, painful as it is getting.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 17:47]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:51 - Mar 30 with 1869 viewstheloneranger

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:44 - Mar 30 by treboeth1966

For most of the game they were superb . The comments are shocking . Young team who will make mistakes etc . Its such a pity half of them will be gone

When you're a low scoring side, you've got to do the basics correctly, like defend set pieces.

We don't learn the lessons from one game to another, and give the opposition cheap goals ... and come away with fvck all once again!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:55 - Mar 30 with 1837 viewsFireboy2

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:47 - Mar 30 by monmouth

Potteresque football of course, but get a proper set piece defensive coach in and a proper midfielder that can pass and protect the defence. I know, it only were that easy. But I'd still rather be trying to play our way than theirs, painful as it is getting.

This

Just on the train from Nottingham and as usual I can't believe we lost that game.

Or do I.

I fear for next season if James, Fer and VDH (who was absolutely immense today) goes, as for one we wont have an outlet in James and a leader in VDH.

Oh well onwards and upwards they say COYJB
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:56 - Mar 30 with 1831 viewsBadlands

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:51 - Mar 30 by theloneranger

When you're a low scoring side, you've got to do the basics correctly, like defend set pieces.

We don't learn the lessons from one game to another, and give the opposition cheap goals ... and come away with fvck all once again!!

With 2 sensations playing CF and wing worth upwards of £40 million how are we a low scoring team?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:57 - Mar 30 with 1827 viewsploppy

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:47 - Mar 30 by monmouth

Same for me. I'm enjoying our performances (mostly) and style of play. It's annoying when we dominate a game and lose but I still wouldn't want us to play hoofball and try and nick a win from set pieces. We desperately need a goalkeeper who dominates his box though. It's all very well having the confidence to nutmeg their striker when he closes you down but I'd rather him come and take crosses that are landing on the 6-yard box.
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:04 - Mar 30 with 1776 viewsmonmouth

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:56 - Mar 30 by Badlands

With 2 sensations playing CF and wing worth upwards of £40 million how are we a low scoring team?

Oh right, I see the latest party line is to rubbish players that we are planning to sell. Predictable I suppose.

Just keep wittering 'next level' to yourself. Maybe next season you can roll out 'strong and stable' or whatever banal argument you are instructed to parrot.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:06 - Mar 30 with 1761 viewsFireboy2

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:57 - Mar 30 by ploppy

Same for me. I'm enjoying our performances (mostly) and style of play. It's annoying when we dominate a game and lose but I still wouldn't want us to play hoofball and try and nick a win from set pieces. We desperately need a goalkeeper who dominates his box though. It's all very well having the confidence to nutmeg their striker when he closes you down but I'd rather him come and take crosses that are landing on the 6-yard box.

He did most of the time but he could do nothing about the 2 goals, iirc the front man let the forest player get in front of him.

Once I can forgive but twice, I bet they are hurting tonight, once again.
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:09 - Mar 30 with 1745 viewskrunchykarrot

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:44 - Mar 30 by treboeth1966

I agree, i dont care if we lose playing football with our kids learning every game. Bring back Rodon ASAP as well , if fans cant see that we are a few players short of a promotion challenging side next year with players who can step up and hopefully keep us there.

Dan James is learning all the time and hopefully his distribution will improve and with Byers Celina,and Roberts etc proving they are good enough all be it inconsistent at times Potter should be able to strengthen the spine.

We need to buy in a experienced ball winning CM captain , a CF who can put himself about and teach socks about positional play. Someone possibly like Glen Murray?? And lastly a GK who can also put himself about and command his box.

Now before all the Fans jump on this and tell me we are selling the family silver and Dan James is worth 30m we will just have to wait and see as this is just my opinionand where i see us at the moment ,playing some lovely football but no captain or a steel backbone anywhere.
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:14 - Mar 30 with 1715 viewsjasper_T

Glenn Murray earns more than most of our first team put together.
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:20 - Mar 30 with 1672 viewsFireboy2

Imo CCV is better than rodon, i havent seen him make a single mistake whilst on the ball, hes a no nonsense old fashioned CH, its a hard a fvck midfielder and decent CF we need, then we would definitely be in the play offs at least.
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:20 - Mar 30 with 1675 viewsploppy

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:06 - Mar 30 by Fireboy2

He did most of the time but he could do nothing about the 2 goals, iirc the front man let the forest player get in front of him.

Once I can forgive but twice, I bet they are hurting tonight, once again.

I wouldn't blame him for the first goal today but a more confident keeper would have come to collect the second. He was rooted to his line. Anyway, it's not just about today.
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:20 - Mar 30 with 1675 viewsTreforys_Jack

Agree totally with you. All the rubbish posts and yours gets a down vote, sums it up really.
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:25 - Mar 30 with 1653 viewskrunchykarrot

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:20 - Mar 30 by Fireboy2

Imo CCV is better than rodon, i havent seen him make a single mistake whilst on the ball, hes a no nonsense old fashioned CH, its a hard a fvck midfielder and decent CF we need, then we would definitely be in the play offs at least.

I agree ,but he aint ours so Rodon must play in my opinion. And Glen Murray was an example but is getting on and i mentioned him as we could possibly break our policy and buy experience.
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:32 - Mar 30 with 1600 viewsjasper_T

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:20 - Mar 30 by Fireboy2

He doesn't make many mistakes with the ball because everything is a safe option. It's part of why we struggle to break teams down. Too many players go sideways and backwards meaning the few creative players always have to beat several players to get an opening in the final third.

Joe isn't as good defensively (a lot taller, though) but he carries the ball forward and plays a range of lower-percentage forward passes, committing players and/or taking them our of the game in earlier phases. CCV is definitely good enough technically to do the same but he's very careful and conservative in his decision-making. Teams know they can apply less pressure to him and block off high-risk passing lanes instead.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024