Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread 07:40 - Apr 11 with 31220 viewsdickythorpe

First up Northants

https://www.glamorgancricket.com/cricket/news/2019/april/trio-set-for-championsh

I think we'll be more competitive this season but no doubt plenty of highs and lows (reminds me off another sporting side I follow)

Excited about Billy Root and the timeless Hogan and Wagg will keep us going.
Hopefully the new signings will add to our team and get us RUNS!!!!

[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 9:14]
Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 10:59 - Sep 25 with 1225 viewsCountyJim

Taking early lunch at 12 let's hop for a bit more play today
Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 11:34 - Sep 25 with 1201 viewsSwanjaxs

Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 10:59 - Sep 25 by CountyJim

Taking early lunch at 12 let's hop for a bit more play today

The powers that be have treated the Country Championship with contempt by playing the last round of games in late September, the weather was always going to be a major factor.

Another nail in the four day coffin.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 12:00 - Sep 25 with 1180 viewstheloneranger

Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 11:34 - Sep 25 by Swanjaxs

The powers that be have treated the Country Championship with contempt by playing the last round of games in late September, the weather was always going to be a major factor.

These final games couldn't have worked out better for an exciting end to the season, if only they'd been played in early Sept ... But as you say the powers to be have totally shite on this years Championship.

Durham v Glamorgan

Gloucs v Northants

Somerset v Essex

It now looks virtually impossible for Glam to get the points they need for promotion, but they have committed cricket suicide since Marnus Labuschagne left to play in the Ashes. Talk about a one man team.

This was their best chance of promotion for many years, with this one off ... 3 teams being promoted.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 12:02]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 12:06 - Sep 25 with 1171 viewsCountyJim

Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 11:34 - Sep 25 by Swanjaxs

The County championship has always been played this late hasn't it no change there
Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 12:16 - Sep 25 with 1159 viewsSwanjaxs

Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 12:06 - Sep 25 by CountyJim

The County championship has always been played this late hasn't it no change there

Indeed, but that doesn't make it right though, a long season that ends in the last week of September is ridiculous. By all means let the "baseball" have its day too but work it around the Country Championship instead of suspending the four day format for a month, even if that means starting the T20 in April

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 12:32 - Sep 25 with 1152 viewsCountyJim

Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 12:16 - Sep 25 by Swanjaxs

Indeed, but that doesn't make it right though, a long season that ends in the last week of September is ridiculous. By all means let the "baseball" have its day too but work it around the Country Championship instead of suspending the four day format for a month, even if that means starting the T20 in April

September weather is normally pretty good you only have to look at last week but its cricket and unfortunately the British weather never sticks to script.

I'm with the ecb on this one I don't think you can really juggle 3 formats without upset someone and don't forget 20/20 is making money

Isn't cricket great though 3 different formats how many other sports can boast that major ones anyway
Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 13:12 - Sep 25 with 1137 viewsdickythorpe

Billy Root will have learned a lot. I think if he can improve he'll be a great player for us.
Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 14:54 - Sep 25 with 1118 viewstheloneranger

No play today. The fat lady's singing!!

Start again next season

Login to get fewer ads

Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 15:28 - Sep 25 with 1104 viewsCountyJim

The only glimmer is if Durham play ball Glamorgan bowl them out and both teams reach an agreement ie Glamorgan forfeit first innings or something on those lines

Then we need Gloucestershire game to be rained off
Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 17:00 - Sep 25 with 1091 viewstheloneranger

Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 15:28 - Sep 25 by CountyJim

The only glimmer is if Durham play ball Glamorgan bowl them out and both teams reach an agreement ie Glamorgan forfeit first innings or something on those lines

Then we need Gloucestershire game to be rained off

Glamorgan will then only have 19 points (16+3) for the win, and Gloucs 5 points for the draw ... Putting Gloucs 21 points in front.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 17:02]

Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 10:02 - Sep 26 with 1031 viewstheloneranger

Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 14:54 - Sep 25 by theloneranger

No play today. The fat lady's singing!!

Start again next season

Match abandoned ... Draw

Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 16:29 - Sep 26 with 986 viewsCountyJim

Got a cracking finish at Somerset Wow!
Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 16:47 - Sep 26 with 974 viewsSwanjaxs

Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 16:29 - Sep 26 by CountyJim

Got a cracking finish at Somerset Wow!

Aye... pity there wasn't another 4 days to go 😂

Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 18:58 - Sep 26 with 932 viewsdickythorpe

Well another mixed season. Disaster in the T20 and total implosion after we lost Labuschagne.

I don't think Maynard is going to stay and I feel we haven't a budget to attract the 2-3 "star" names, so you can't blame him for wanting to move to a more ambitious club/county.

We aren't going to attract many high profile coaches either due to the same limited budget reasons.

It's admirable to give Welsh talent a chance but some aren't up to this standard.

I'd like to see Samit Patel join us permanently, especially as Notts have been relegated.

I do hope we see the end of Wagg and Hogan, they've been great servants but father time has been very fair to them until now.
Youngsters need regular games and to feel they are part of a team not just makeshift replacements when form dips of the senior players.
Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 19:37 - Sep 26 with 925 viewstheloneranger

Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 18:58 - Sep 26 by dickythorpe

Well another mixed season. Disaster in the T20 and total implosion after we lost Labuschagne.

I don't think Maynard is going to stay and I feel we haven't a budget to attract the 2-3 "star" names, so you can't blame him for wanting to move to a more ambitious club/county.

We aren't going to attract many high profile coaches either due to the same limited budget reasons.

It's admirable to give Welsh talent a chance but some aren't up to this standard.

I'd like to see Samit Patel join us permanently, especially as Notts have been relegated.

I do hope we see the end of Wagg and Hogan, they've been great servants but father time has been very fair to them until now.
Youngsters need regular games and to feel they are part of a team not just makeshift replacements when form dips of the senior players.

I don't know how long Hogan has got left, but at 38 he's been our top bowler ... Played 11 out of 14 matches, taking 46 wickets @ 21.17.

Wagg has been a huge disappointment, playing in10 matches, taking only 17 wickets @ 36.00.

I don't know if Douthwaite is injured, but he seems to have disappeared from the 4 day game!!

I agree it went tits up once Labuschagne left, but we really need to sort out some reliable opening batsmen for next season. Patel would be a great addition to the squad.

Finishing 4th was disappointing, but a huge improvement on finishing bottom last season. Maynard's position looked dodgy when they gave him the title "Glamorgan interim head coach" at the start of the season, and his interview today doesn't bode well for next season.

He said ... "When you're unsure you've got to look for other jobs and I've put my name out there for a couple of other jobs, so we'll see what comes of that. I've been approached to apply for a couple of jobs, which I've done. I've sent my CV off within the last month. There's no certainties in cricket and it's up to other people to judge how well I've done and how the team's played."
[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 19:40]

Glamorgan cricket 2019 thread on 20:01 - Sep 26 with 908 viewsdickythorpe

Douthwaite is a star in the making......whether with us though......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024