Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman statment 12:22 - Aug 2 with 8492 viewsGeoffThom

Does not fill me with happiness, whilst I understand the need to balance the books
He is more or less saying after these two big sales were still in the doo do
These feckin yanks have really had some bugger over financially. they seem to have no respect for people who support the club
Take us to the next level must go down in history as a feckin joke
Yet dc have money I wonder were that comes from
Good luck oil
Chairman statment on 17:18 - Aug 2 with 1199 viewsjackrmee

Chairman statment on 15:45 - Aug 2 by perplex

Oh yes you are, gullible idiots like yourself should be outside picking Daisey's on a day like this, you really are to nieve to do much else, so go on off you go.

WHat's the link between gullible people and daisies?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Chairman statment on 17:21 - Aug 2 with 1183 viewsperplex

Chairman statment on 17:18 - Aug 2 by jackrmee

WHat's the link between gullible people and daisies?

Well it is original, and your more than welcome to use it in the future.
Chairman statment on 17:29 - Aug 2 with 1142 viewsperplex

Chairman statment on 15:53 - Aug 2 by Treforys_Jack

Why is it the people who understand the situation are calm and rational whilst the people screaming about asset stripping etc resort to personal insults at the first opportunity.

Proberbly because it's nice and calm in the nursing home many of you reside in, may as well add the word senile to that as well if you truly believe you understand the situation.
Chairman statment on 17:30 - Aug 2 with 1138 viewsjackrmee

Chairman statment on 16:00 - Aug 2 by Jacket

Funny how sheeple who spout out bollox about asset stripping only because they heard some other duffer saying it are calling people who don't believe their tosh easily lead. You're the easily lead one, repeating utter nonsense like a pathetic sheep.

Yes they are a bunch of Yankers, they haven't spent a penny and don't intend to. They don't have the interests of the club at heart, but they are not asset stripping.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 16:04]

I agree their own interests come before the club, but to improve their own interests, they have to improve the club, so it's technically in their interests to move the club forward. I really think that's what they are trying to do. May take a while, but we aren't getting relegated. I've actually put a cheeky small on us to win the championship at 33/1. More possible than relegation imo.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Chairman statment on 17:31 - Aug 2 with 1133 viewsTreforys_Jack

Chairman statment on 17:29 - Aug 2 by perplex

Proberbly because it's nice and calm in the nursing home many of you reside in, may as well add the word senile to that as well if you truly believe you understand the situation.

Thanks for proving my point superbly
Chairman statment on 17:32 - Aug 2 with 1130 viewsjackrmee

Chairman statment on 16:06 - Aug 2 by jasper_T

Nordfeldt, Mulder, Naughton, Dyer, Routledge, van der Hoorn, Carroll, Borja and Montero makes I don't know maybe £12-15m in contracts to run out but the parachute payment drops £20m. Black hole is an appropriate term.

Brentford's wage bill at this level is twice their turnover before player sales and they've got a solid wage structure in place. When the parachute payments run out the Championship is a scary market to play in. No one's treading water and keeping the family silver intact. It's either player sales, generous owners or racking up debt and gambling on making it up before having a fire sale/HMRC come knocking.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 16:07]

That's a crazy state of affairs.
So no-one would make money in the championship unless they make it from player sales?

Chairman statment on 17:33 - Aug 2 with 1124 viewsperplex

Chairman statment on 16:58 - Aug 2 by jackrmee

They get that from dividends, which they haven't been taking tbh

Do they, well well😂
Chairman statment on 17:34 - Aug 2 with 1121 viewsDr_Winston

Chairman statment on 17:32 - Aug 2 by jackrmee

That's a crazy state of affairs.
So no-one would make money in the championship unless they make it from player sales?

Take a look at the profit and loss figures for most clubs.

Many of them are either living off the largess of owners, or running up debts chasing the Premier League dream because they don't see any other way of doing things.

A well run, well structured club playing a decent brand of football could do well in a year or two.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Chairman statment on 17:35 - Aug 2 with 1121 viewsLeonWasGod

Chairman statment on 15:56 - Aug 2 by Badlands

It's exactly as he's been saying since he arrived.

DC United were already financially stable before the development went ahead - they sold and franchised land, got good deals and sponsorship. Ground, shirt and exclusive Coca-Cola deals on their concourse raises close to $10,000,000 a year.
They wage bill last season, including players + Rooney, was c$16,000,000 with overall running costs c$23,000,000
Ticket prices average $40 and average attendance was 21,600
Undisclosed TV packages.

Swansea
Swansea’s operating loss before player sales were accounted for was a mammoth £48.3million, as £175million of costs heavily outweighed just under £127million of club revenues. (to May 2018)

Stable and sustainable.

Where’s that £175m of costs figure from?
Chairman statment on 17:35 - Aug 2 with 1115 viewsjackrmee

Chairman statment on 17:21 - Aug 2 by perplex

Well it is original, and your more than welcome to use it in the future.

Thanks! I definitely will.

Chairman statment on 17:38 - Aug 2 with 1097 viewsjackrmee

Chairman statment on 17:34 - Aug 2 by Dr_Winston

Take a look at the profit and loss figures for most clubs.

Many of them are either living off the largess of owners, or running up debts chasing the Premier League dream because they don't see any other way of doing things.

A well run, well structured club playing a decent brand of football could do well in a year or two.

But Shirley there are a few clubs that are being run well, without rich owners, who don't NEED to sell players to break even?

Chairman statment on 21:08 - Aug 2 with 970 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Chairman statment on 15:25 - Aug 2 by Bluebird

Can’t believe some of you predict relegation.
This birch fella was brought in by the yanks to get them as much coin as he can for them whilst wording his comments in a way that he will keep the fans believing he’s there to help the club.
Huw cared about the club more than birch ever will

He cared so much he allowed the club to be relegated with some eye watering salaries weighing the club down. Huws last successful managerial appointment was Laudrup , and that was when our star was still in the ascendancy.

Birch has managed to assemble a top class support network for his new manager and a very able assistant with a view to playing good one touch possession football again. A big contrast to the football Huw presided over with the appointment of Monk onwards. Hope this helps!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Chairman statment on 21:11 - Aug 2 with 959 viewsItchySphincter

Chairman statment on 14:47 - Aug 2 by Gaz_M

Are you okay? You're putting a lot of time and effort into your dreadfully poor trolling today. Have you nothing better to do than spout utter drivel?

I’m making a valid point, you don’t have to agree but it’s obvious that’s irrelevant to you anyway. One of us is trolling and it ain’t me.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 21:16]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Chairman statment on 21:25 - Aug 2 with 940 viewswaynekerr55

Chairman statment on 12:27 - Aug 2 by andypitt56

Dc have money because they have a regular stable income with no relegation...... The wage bill is our problem, the sales of players just help in the sort term. Also helps with cash flow to buy players.

Exactly. We are fùcked because the owners were dull enough to trust recruitment to someone playing real life championship manager

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Chairman statment on 21:28 - Aug 2 with 925 viewswaynekerr55

Chairman statment on 21:08 - Aug 2 by Brynmill_Jack

He cared so much he allowed the club to be relegated with some eye watering salaries weighing the club down. Huws last successful managerial appointment was Laudrup , and that was when our star was still in the ascendancy.

Birch has managed to assemble a top class support network for his new manager and a very able assistant with a view to playing good one touch possession football again. A big contrast to the football Huw presided over with the appointment of Monk onwards. Hope this helps!

Bravo

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Chairman statment on 21:36 - Aug 2 with 915 viewsjasper_T

Chairman statment on 17:38 - Aug 2 by jackrmee

But Shirley there are a few clubs that are being run well, without rich owners, who don't NEED to sell players to break even?

Some of the historically big clubs could probably do it. The ones with massive stadiums they routinely sell out, and who attract big sponsors regardless of division. Smaller clubs can't compete with the wages offered elsewhere in the division, or the one below given the losses some clubs have racked up just getting promoted to the Championship.

Only 6 out of 24 clubs turned a profit in 17/18. Hull sold Maguire, Clucas and Robertson to do it, with a £23m net transfer profit producing a £19m accounts profit. Norwich sold Pritchard and a Murphy and their transfer profit was more than their accounts profit as well. So neither side was breaking even before player trading. Norwich had to follow it up with another summer of sales, and an injury to Maddison at the start of the window could have seen them do a Bolton, they needed a big fee for him so badly.
Chairman statment on 21:53 - Aug 2 with 874 viewsNortbankboy

Chairman statment on 21:25 - Aug 2 by waynekerr55

Exactly. We are fùcked because the owners were dull enough to trust recruitment to someone playing real life championship manager

You were happy to take £38 mill for james and Mcbernie though
Chairman statment on 22:07 - Aug 2 with 853 viewslonglostjack

Chairman statment on 21:53 - Aug 2 by Nortbankboy

You were happy to take £38 mill for james and Mcbernie though

You? What happened to the “we” scummer?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Chairman statment on 22:11 - Aug 2 with 842 viewsNortbankboy

Chairman statment on 22:07 - Aug 2 by longlostjack

You? What happened to the “we” scummer?

How long have you followed the swans mate?
Chairman statment on 22:50 - Aug 2 with 778 viewslonglostjack

Chairman statment on 22:11 - Aug 2 by Nortbankboy

How long have you followed the swans mate?

Over 50 years. Always followed AND supported them.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Chairman statment on 23:04 - Aug 2 with 748 views34dfgdf54

Chairman statment on 14:43 - Aug 2 by ItchySphincter

Great communicator mind. If only he hadn't forgotten to put in the bit where he says he sold Andre Ayew and offloaded his crippling wages, therfore there's no need to sell our most promising young players. Oh, hang on......

Spot on.
Chairman statment on 23:25 - Aug 2 with 717 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Chairman statment on 23:04 - Aug 2 by 34dfgdf54

Spot on.

If Andre Ayew was on 5 grand a week we’d struggle to get rid of him. Multiply that by sixteen and the job becomes even harder, especially after his sh*t spell in Turkey last year.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Chairman statment on 00:36 - Aug 3 with 668 viewsGaz_M

Chairman statment on 23:25 - Aug 2 by Brynmill_Jack

If Andre Ayew was on 5 grand a week we’d struggle to get rid of him. Multiply that by sixteen and the job becomes even harder, especially after his sh*t spell in Turkey last year.

We wouldn't remotely struggle if he earned that.

O.
Chairman statment on 04:28 - Aug 3 with 625 viewsNotLoyal

Knock me down with a feather.
It's clever Trevor.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Chairman statment on 07:09 - Aug 3 with 595 viewsjacktheripper

Chairman statment on 17:35 - Aug 2 by LeonWasGod

Where’s that £175m of costs figure from?

It's in the latest published accounts which covers our last season in the Prem
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024