Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 games 10 points 16:56 - Sep 28 with 3483 viewsSandymandy

Take Wednesday out of the picture the start of this season has been poor. The club clearly doesnt have faith in it's clearly inexperienced manager by not Investing in a team that has very few quality players. Sanchez cannot kick for toffee, we are lucky to have matheson or we would be shafted. Keohane is dreadful, another season enduring McNulty who acts like a club legend. No midfield at all, jimmy ryan is clearly a signing to make up none existent numbers, Dooley is an irish premier division player at best. Henderson is being clinged on to for dier life, he is past it, Calvin hasnt ever been good enough for a league one team. League two is on the horizon for this side unfortunately.
10 games 10 points on 17:07 - Sep 28 with 3418 viewsrichfoad32

So by your reckoning, Matheson has been solely responsible for our points haul so far? Not bad for someone who's started 3 games.
10 games 10 points on 17:09 - Sep 28 with 3410 viewsSuddenLad

10 games 10 points on 17:07 - Sep 28 by richfoad32

So by your reckoning, Matheson has been solely responsible for our points haul so far? Not bad for someone who's started 3 games.

Don't bite the bait.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

10 games 10 points on 17:11 - Sep 28 with 3394 viewsrichfoad32

10 games 10 points on 17:09 - Sep 28 by SuddenLad

Don't bite the bait.

Yeah, sorry. Should know better.
10 games 10 points on 17:24 - Sep 28 with 3336 viewsDale23years

10 games 10 points on 17:09 - Sep 28 by SuddenLad

Don't bite the bait.

Tbf apart from Matherson and board comment (board comment through gritted teeth) she's spot on

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

10 games 10 points on 18:10 - Sep 28 with 3255 viewsSandymandy

10 games 10 points on 17:24 - Sep 28 by Dale23years

Tbf apart from Matherson and board comment (board comment through gritted teeth) she's spot on

He's spot on*
My point about matheson is that if we didnt have the excitement about his quality and potential and had to endure keohane at right back we would be shafted.
10 games 10 points on 18:17 - Sep 28 with 3230 viewsboromat

Points wise I am starting to get a bit worried. But we have had a difficult start and performances on the whole have been better than the points suggest. I'm hoping over the next couple of months we start to pick up points against some of the lower teams.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

10 games 10 points on 18:17 - Sep 28 with 3228 viewsDale23years

10 games 10 points on 18:10 - Sep 28 by Sandymandy

He's spot on*
My point about matheson is that if we didnt have the excitement about his quality and potential and had to endure keohane at right back we would be shafted.

Sorry he

I really thought Keohane would play centre back after his performance on Wednesday, but then again what do you expect when you sign Darren Anderton number 2 right back.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

10 games 10 points on 18:25 - Sep 28 with 3191 viewsTVOS1907

10 games 10 points on 18:17 - Sep 28 by boromat

Points wise I am starting to get a bit worried. But we have had a difficult start and performances on the whole have been better than the points suggest. I'm hoping over the next couple of months we start to pick up points against some of the lower teams.

The next three league fixtures - AFC Wimbledon, Accrington and Bolton - are crucial to where things go from here.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

10 games 10 points on 18:45 - Sep 28 with 3124 viewsSandymandy

10 games 10 points on 18:25 - Sep 28 by TVOS1907

The next three league fixtures - AFC Wimbledon, Accrington and Bolton - are crucial to where things go from here.

I agree. My post above is not being reactive or overly dramatic of today's result, it's my honest assessment of were I think we are at and it has been great having a new fresh approach to management in BBM but as much as he will deny it, he had already written us off in yesterday's interviews about today's game.
10 games 10 points on 19:24 - Sep 28 with 3018 viewsboromat

10 games 10 points on 18:17 - Sep 28 by Dale23years

Sorry he

I really thought Keohane would play centre back after his performance on Wednesday, but then again what do you expect when you sign Darren Anderton number 2 right back.

Can you imagine Keohane against Akinfenwa????

10 games 10 points on 19:28 - Sep 28 with 3004 viewsjonahwhereru

Clearly Neil Warnock knows fcuk all about football because he gave Calvin plenty of games in the championship for Palace. My Eagles mate said he did a good job for them. He has played 70 games in the Championship.
Think in any occupation your stats don’t lie. On that basis he will recalled as a one time championship player who played most of his career in L1. So clearly a right con artist who has pulled the wool over numerous managers eyes in your opinion.
10 games 10 points on 04:05 - Sep 29 with 2734 viewsfrenzied

I think the general standard of teams throughout the leagues has improved over the years..ie the top 5 or 6 sides in league one nowadays are of a standard superior to what you would find 10 years ago..players who may have been capable of playing at league one week in week out 10 years ago would today not make the grade...any thoughts people?
10 games 10 points on 09:17 - Sep 29 with 2575 viewsboromat

10 games 10 points on 04:05 - Sep 29 by frenzied

I think the general standard of teams throughout the leagues has improved over the years..ie the top 5 or 6 sides in league one nowadays are of a standard superior to what you would find 10 years ago..players who may have been capable of playing at league one week in week out 10 years ago would today not make the grade...any thoughts people?

When I started watching Dale in the mid nineties in what is League 2 now I'd say the standard then is probably on par with a low national League side or a top national League North/south today. But then I was a glass half full type of kid back then then and maybe the difference is even bigger than that.

Also it's not just the quality of players but there's been changes in the rules and how the rules are enforced. The pitches are much better. The off the field coaching techniques and roles have all changed and developed. We're world's apart and mostly for the better although I do miss some of the hearty fair challenges that used to be seen as great tackles.

10 games 10 points on 20:14 - Sep 29 with 2362 viewsmacro

10 games 10 points on 18:10 - Sep 28 by Sandymandy

He's spot on*

blah blah blah I’m just wondering if Mandy is a bitter bury fan or just diluted.

Dale have a small squad which is workmanlike, we are around where I expected us to be and I’d expect Dale to finish between 14th and 19th this season. Unambitious maybe, realistic probably
10 games 10 points on 20:30 - Sep 29 with 2331 viewsMolly

10 games 10 points on 04:05 - Sep 29 by frenzied

In the mid 1960s I remember travelling to Lincoln to watch Southport in what was now league2. As the team alighted from their coach it was no real surprise to see about half of them smoking cigarettes.
How times change!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024