Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Jones RIP 21:38 - Dec 10 with 5476 viewsbuilthjack

A friend of mine, Paul Jones, died last week. In his early sixties.
From Crossgates, Llandrindod Wells, Paul had followed Swansea and Wales home and away for many many years, travelling to far flung places , and rarely missed a game.
He must have done at least 1500 Swans games, and around 200 Wales games.
A quiet man, a lot off here will know him.
A regular face at the Vetch, and sat in the East since moving to the Liberty.
He is one who would do your Hartlepool, Southend, etc away in midweek, and still be in work at 7.30am next morning.
RIP Paul.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 21:42]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Paul Jones RIP on 11:15 - Dec 21 with 1309 viewsjacktar

Paul Jones RIP on 21:13 - Dec 20 by builthjack

This man made more Swansea "appearances " than Roger, Robbie and Leon put together.
Absolute Swans legend. ,

That says it all really.
RIP
Condolences to family and friends.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Paul Jones RIP on 00:29 - Dec 22 with 1229 viewsTNT

I'd like to think Paul gets some recognition in a Swans programme, some time soon.

YJB.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Paul Jones RIP on 21:15 - Dec 22 with 1148 viewsbuilthjack

Paul Jones RIP on 00:29 - Dec 22 by TNT

I'd like to think Paul gets some recognition in a Swans programme, some time soon.

YJB.

He should yes

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Paul Jones RIP on 21:30 - Dec 22 with 1134 viewslonglostjack

Paul Jones RIP on 00:29 - Dec 22 by TNT

YJB.

Definitely. Hopefully somebody at the club has picked up on this and will do the right thing.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Paul Jones RIP on 21:33 - Dec 22 with 1130 viewsThrasher6

Paul Jones RIP on 21:30 - Dec 22 by longlostjack

Definitely. Hopefully somebody at the club has picked up on this and will do the right thing.

It would be nice if someone who has a few contacts in the clubs can get proactive and get him recognised in some way. Sounds a proper fan and a nice man...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Paul Jones RIP on 21:37 - Dec 22 with 1127 viewsbuilthjack

Paul Jones RIP on 21:33 - Dec 22 by Thrasher6

It would be nice if someone who has a few contacts in the clubs can get proactive and get him recognised in some way. Sounds a proper fan and a nice man...

He will be recognised in the new little walled garden next to the Ivor Allchurch statue.
They are hoping to have his ashes scattered there in the future. Hopefully have a plaque put on the wall there too.
1500+ games. A one off.

Paul Jones RIP on 22:52 - Dec 22 with 1086 viewsThrasher6

Paul Jones RIP on 21:37 - Dec 22 by builthjack

He will be recognised in the new little walled garden next to the Ivor Allchurch statue.
They are hoping to have his ashes scattered there in the future. Hopefully have a plaque put on the wall there too.
1500+ games. A one off.

Good to hear Builthy. People like Paul Jones are so interesting. As a Swans fan all my life...nobody asks us to do it...but it takes a complex set of things to dedicate our lives to it. I think he will have a smile knowing that we have thought about him..

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Paul Jones RIP on 08:37 - Dec 23 with 1041 viewsTNT

Thinking of Paul, today.

Rest In Peace, mate.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Jones RIP on 08:50 - Dec 23 with 1034 viewsFireboy2

Paul Jones RIP on 08:37 - Dec 23 by TNT

Thinking of Paul, today.

Rest In Peace, mate.

Ditto.

Sorry i cant be there.

RIP you jack and welsh legend.