Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I wonder.... 20:17 - Mar 3 with 8756 viewsandrew

If all the idiots who said they would rather be in the championship then the Premier league after being relegated still think the same now? I’m more bored now than I’ve ever been! I’ve missed 3 home games in the last 2 seasons whereas I missed 2 since 2001 before that.

Players, football, atmosphere, crowd, opposition fans.... absolute dog shite.

I would much rather finish 13/17th in the prem every year than finish mid table in the championship every year.

The only positive for me since being in the championship is a few better away days.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

I wonder.... on 21:44 - Mar 5 with 1413 viewsFireboy2

Never ever had a second side.

Probably came from seeing plastic w@nkers 'supporting' liverpool and manure rather than going down the vetch in the late 70s and early 80s, with them citing 'why would I watch that sh!te'

That memory has stuck with me ever since and that's why I have a severe disdain towards glory hunting plastic tvvats.
I wonder.... on 21:49 - Mar 5 with 1405 viewsSirjohnalot

I wonder.... on 21:44 - Mar 5 by Fireboy2

Never ever had a second side.

Probably came from seeing plastic w@nkers 'supporting' liverpool and manure rather than going down the vetch in the late 70s and early 80s, with them citing 'why would I watch that sh!te'

That memory has stuck with me ever since and that's why I have a severe disdain towards glory hunting plastic tvvats.

Disdain away : )

Saying that. My childhood was spent watching Neath in the 80s with mum
and dad. If i lived at home now, I’d still be watching them, so take your point
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 21:51]
I wonder.... on 08:33 - Mar 6 with 1319 viewsSgorioFruit

I wonder.... on 20:55 - Mar 3 by Garyjack

Even in the season we were relegated, we had great nights at home beating Liverpool and Arsenal in consecutive games. Going to Wembley and getting a point, plus every win was special and better than anything we've experienced since we came down to the Championship. We defied the odds for seven years, and that was so much better than what we are experiencing now.

beating both Arsenal and Liverpool in the space of 7 days I think it was, which shot us up to 13th position, in March if i am not mistaken.
And then our whole squad and manager just gave up.
the mind boggles sometimes, it really does boggle.
Anyway, that's a story for another day.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

I wonder.... on 08:56 - Mar 6 with 1315 viewsswan65split

I had 3 , not favourite, just followed, there was/is only One Swansea ,the others in the 60s were , Everton???? no idea why, West Ham, no not for the 3 superstars , they just played good football, but were always struggling relegation. and Morton??????????

Yeah was always a mixed up kid, ......still am.
I wonder.... on 09:29 - Mar 6 with 1294 viewsJacket

I wonder.... on 08:33 - Mar 6 by SgorioFruit

beating both Arsenal and Liverpool in the space of 7 days I think it was, which shot us up to 13th position, in March if i am not mistaken.

Aye, Carvalhal did a right Grand Old Duke of York didn't he. And when they were up, they were up, and when they were down they were fackin well down.
I wonder.... on 12:08 - Mar 6 with 1251 viewsNotLoyal

I wonder.... on 20:04 - Mar 5 by Garyjack

Nothing wrong with having a favourite 'top side' it's ingrained in most of since we were kids, i've always admired Liverpool as a club, and now i'm married to a lady who was Anfield born and bred (no accent thank fvck). But i would never pay to go and watch them, buy their merchandise, have their tattoos or hope it's 'a draw' when we meet.

Nothing wrong with that, I admire any team that plays attacking, attractive football.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

I wonder.... on 20:49 - Mar 6 with 1165 viewsSTID2017

I wonder.... on 08:33 - Mar 6 by SgorioFruit

January 2018. Beat Liverpool, then Arsenal.
Seems a lot longer than two years

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

I wonder.... on 21:33 - Mar 6 with 1136 viewsCatullus

I wonder.... on 12:08 - Mar 6 by NotLoyal

Nothing wrong with that, I admire any team that plays attacking, attractive football.

I don't have a favourite 'top side' and I struggle to watch any televised game if it's not the Swans. It has to be a very good game to keep my interest.

My son wanted El Clasico on recently and he was engrossed but I'd lost interest before 10 minutes passed.

I'd rather watch the swans in L2 than any other football, including internationals. I also cannot help what I enjoy more. Maybe I should lie about it to keep people on here happy?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

I wonder.... on 21:45 - Mar 6 with 1117 viewsTNT

I wonder.... on 21:33 - Mar 6 by Catullus

I don't have a favourite 'top side' and I struggle to watch any televised game if it's not the Swans. It has to be a very good game to keep my interest.

My son wanted El Clasico on recently and he was engrossed but I'd lost interest before 10 minutes passed.

I'd rather watch the swans in L2 than any other football, including internationals. I also cannot help what I enjoy more. Maybe I should lie about it to keep people on here happy?

I've got as many happy memories of watching The Swans all over the country in Division Four / League Two, as I have of The Premier League, you are right mate. Yes, top flight is top flight, but the brilliant days in the other three leagues are as good on occasions, if not better, mate.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

I wonder.... on 22:05 - Mar 6 with 1089 viewsFireboy2

I wonder.... on 21:45 - Mar 6 by TNT

I've got as many happy memories of watching The Swans all over the country in Division Four / League Two, as I have of The Premier League, you are right mate. Yes, top flight is top flight, but the brilliant days in the other three leagues are as good on occasions, if not better, mate.

I agree with both you and C.

There has been no one else other than the swans for me.
I wonder.... on 22:21 - Mar 6 with 1085 viewsbuilthjack

I wonder.... on 22:05 - Mar 6 by Fireboy2

I agree with both you and C.

There has been no one else other than the swans for me.

You don't have a soft spot for Liverpool then ?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

I wonder.... on 22:27 - Mar 6 with 1075 viewsFireboy2

I wonder.... on 22:21 - Mar 6 by builthjack

You don't have a soft spot for Liverpool then ?

Fack off.
I wonder.... on 23:06 - Mar 6 with 1042 viewsswan65split

I wonder.... on 22:27 - Mar 6 by Fireboy2

Fack off.

I wonder.... on 23:11 - Mar 6 with 1038 viewsswan65split

I wonder.... on 21:45 - Mar 6 by TNT

Theres disagreements on here for all sorts of things, but a Swans fan is good enough in the end for me........after all its opinions !
I wonder.... on 01:51 - Mar 7 with 1004 viewsNotLoyal

I would let the Mrs take a proper hard kick to the fanny if it meant we got 3 points.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

I wonder.... on 08:49 - Mar 7 with 941 viewsFireboy2

I wonder.... on 01:51 - Mar 7 by NotLoyal

I would let the Mrs take a proper hard kick to the fanny if it meant we got 3 points.

That surely is as you would probably end in in morriston hospital.
I wonder.... on 09:00 - Mar 8 with 846 viewsthornabyswan

I wonder.... on 06:49 - Mar 5 by Dr_Winston

Our wage bill was one of the lowest the season we got promoted out of this division.

Time and time and time again it's been demonstrated that good coaching and smart recruitment are capable of overcoming a financial deficit and time and time again people totally ignore the evidence and bitch just because other teams spend more than we do.

The budget we'll have next season is more than enough to be competitive given decent management and some savvy work in the market. Our potential deficiencies there are a bigger concern than the budget.

Kalulu Pieterson and Bidwell compare those to Rangel Bodde and Jason Scotland as an example.

Yes I get what you are saying but recent history suggests we are more than likely to sign duds than gems.

And if we do find some players with a bit extra like Celina Gallagher and Brewster Cooper will have them regressing at a rate of knotts.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

I wonder.... on 09:48 - Mar 8 with 818 viewsDewi1jack

I wonder.... on 20:04 - Mar 5 by Garyjack

Nothing wrong with having a favourite 'top side' it's ingrained in most of since we were kids, i've always admired Liverpool as a club, and now i'm married to a lady who was Anfield born and bred (no accent thank fvck). But i would never pay to go and watch them, buy their merchandise, have their tattoos or hope it's 'a draw' when we meet.

This.
My mrs was a liverpool follower when I met her.
Her first live professional football game was us v Leicester (gorka scored!) under sousaball.
She's now a ST holder going home n away watching us.
Still looks for liverpool results.

Loved it when we beat them.
Hated it when we lost.
Both of us were ok with taking a point as its better than losing in the overall scheme of the season.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

I wonder.... on 10:05 - Mar 8 with 800 viewsSTID2017

I wonder.... on 22:27 - Mar 6 by Fireboy2

Fack off.

Methinks he doeth protest too much !

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024