Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old boy haunts the Black Cats 10:42 - Mar 8 with 675 viewsdurham_exile

"Mika Mandron came from France
The English press said he has no chance
£50,000 down the drain, as Mika Mandron scores again."

A brace for Gillingham at the Stadium of Light yesterday

UTU's

Durham_exile

Old boy haunts the Black Cats on 11:27 - Mar 8 with 670 viewsMoor_Pinot

You know my view on MM Durham so I'll not labour the point but having predicted he'd play at a higher level when we let him go he hasn't let me down. My Kent contacts tell me he has forged an excellent partnership with Hanlon - whom we also dithered with - and plays behind the striker's position using his excellent ball skills and awareness of team mates to goo effect. I believe he has scored several times this season. You will know but wasn't it Sunderland who spotted him first, signed him then found he wasn't what they wanted? If so he'll have enjoyed yesterday [as I am sure you did in Carlisle!!]. Interestingly he has propelled the Gills to the outside chance of a play-off place.......once they hop over the team on the slide from as you would say, Poorman Road!

Moor Pinot

Old boy haunts the Black Cats on 13:10 - Mar 8 with 651 viewsdurham_exile

Old boy haunts the Black Cats on 11:27 - Mar 8 by Moor_Pinot

You know my view on MM Durham so I'll not labour the point but having predicted he'd play at a higher level when we let him go he hasn't let me down. My Kent contacts tell me he has forged an excellent partnership with Hanlon - whom we also dithered with - and plays behind the striker's position using his excellent ball skills and awareness of team mates to goo effect. I believe he has scored several times this season. You will know but wasn't it Sunderland who spotted him first, signed him then found he wasn't what they wanted? If so he'll have enjoyed yesterday [as I am sure you did in Carlisle!!]. Interestingly he has propelled the Gills to the outside chance of a play-off place.......once they hop over the team on the slide from as you would say, Poorman Road!

Pinault spot on about Mandron

Sunderland discarded him.

He didn't celebrate the first yesterday but the 96th minute equaliser he did and it was a great strike with his left foot.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Old boy haunts the Black Cats on 13:17 - Mar 8 with 650 viewswessex_exile

Old boy haunts the Black Cats on 13:10 - Mar 8 by durham_exile

Pinault spot on about Mandron

Sunderland discarded him.

He didn't celebrate the first yesterday but the 96th minute equaliser he did and it was a great strike with his left foot.

UTU's

Don't get me wrong, I liked Mandron and would have been quite happy if we'd extended his contract - BUT - two goals from 46 appearances in all competitions wasn't exactly setting the world alight, so I don't think it was unreasonable that we let him go?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Old boy haunts the Black Cats on 13:23 - Mar 8 with 646 viewsdurham_exile

Old boy haunts the Black Cats on 13:17 - Mar 8 by wessex_exile

Don't get me wrong, I liked Mandron and would have been quite happy if we'd extended his contract - BUT - two goals from 46 appearances in all competitions wasn't exactly setting the world alight, so I don't think it was unreasonable that we let him go?

Wessex I'm not trying to open old wounds like Bonne, Junior et al but just saying that MM played really well for Gillingham yesterday and scored two vital goals.

Friends of mine are Black Cats season ticket holders and the irony was not lost on them after Sunderland's discarding of MM.

I often argued that MM should have been played as an attacking midfield player for the U's and he may have contributed more in the goal stakes.

Anyway we move on to our nine cup finals now!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Old boy haunts the Black Cats on 13:23 - Mar 8 with 646 viewsMoor_Pinot

Old boy haunts the Black Cats on 13:17 - Mar 8 by wessex_exile

Wesser, I think, but I'm never sure of anything these days, that he scored two in limited appearances last year but ten goals the previous year? Probably wrong, I remember his superb flying header in a Tuesday night win at Swindon anyway.
He was the best outright footballer in our squad technique and skill wise. Doesn't always work though I appreciate. Pleased he's doing well along with Hanlon.

Moor Pinot

Old boy haunts the Black Cats on 16:46 - Mar 8 with 613 viewswessex_exile

Old boy haunts the Black Cats on 13:23 - Mar 8 by Moor_Pinot

Wesser, I think, but I'm never sure of anything these days, that he scored two in limited appearances last year but ten goals the previous year? Probably wrong, I remember his superb flying header in a Tuesday night win at Swindon anyway.
He was the best outright footballer in our squad technique and skill wise. Doesn't always work though I appreciate. Pleased he's doing well along with Hanlon.

You’re on the right track Pinault. His 46 appearances last season were 20 starts and 26 as a sub (don’t know how many of the latter included a decent spell on the pitch) for 2 goals. The season before was 49 appearances, only three of which were from the bench, for 10 goals. Kind of suggests he’s a confidence player, and we got more out of him the more faith we had in him. Like I said, I’d have been perfectly happy to see him stay, but wasn’t surprised when he didn’t - glad it’s going good for him at Gillingham.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024