Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? 09:29 - Sep 12 with 17235 viewsKonk

Fulham v Arsenal is the 12:30 kick-off today, meaning that if we win, we will go top of the table. Win heavily and we will probably still be top of the table by the end of the weekend. If we then continue that form and win all our remaining matches heavily, we will probably have been top of the table for the entire duration of the season. Remarkable.

Has any team ever achieved this before? Hopefully Scott Parker will see this, print it off and let it form the basis of his team talk. Fulham FC -The Untoppables 2020/21. Sod's law that grounds are closed when this happens. Even so, I couldn't be prouder. I'm starting fundraising to get a statue of Kenny Tete for the pavement outside the Chancellors. COYW.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 19:27 - Dec 13 with 2518 views2Thomas2Bowles

Fulham was robbed

Stupid rule on handball.
May as well just shoot at the wall chest hight and get a pen.

And don't think of protecting your bolx in a wall.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 12:48 - Dec 14 with 2341 viewsJuzzie

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 19:27 - Dec 13 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Fulham was robbed

Stupid rule on handball.
May as well just shoot at the wall chest hight and get a pen.

And don't think of protecting your bolx in a wall.

I didn't think it was handball either though the pundits said it was nailed on. if that's the new rules then yeah, just aim for the oppositions arm in whatever situation you have the ball. Crazy.
Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 13:49 - Dec 14 with 2303 viewsPinnerPaul

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 12:48 - Dec 14 by Juzzie

I didn't think it was handball either though the pundits said it was nailed on. if that's the new rules then yeah, just aim for the oppositions arm in whatever situation you have the ball. Crazy.

He lifted his arm up, that's on goal if it doesn't hit his arm.

Referees tell the players about avoiding that at nearly every free kick at this level and at this distance.
Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 14:12 - Dec 14 with 2278 viewsKonk

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 18:38 - Dec 13 by loftboy

Great result today Konk.

Yep, I told a Scouse mate it would be 1-1. We're starting to come together as a team, and playing some decent stuff too. I think we have a fair chance of staying-up now - pretty much got a new defence since the opening games (and we still have Kenny Tete to come back at RB), and much more pace in the side. Mitrovic hasn't looked happy/right since we came back from lockdown, and at the moment, we look a lot more dynamic/unpredictable without Mitro starting. We're making progress.

The main frustration is that we've done some decent business, but left it until the very last minute to get those deals done, meaning we tossed away points in our opening games (which we do every year with Tony Khan as the DOF). Could be the difference between us staying-up or going down.

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 14:41 - Dec 14 with 2219 viewsJuzzie

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 13:49 - Dec 14 by PinnerPaul

He lifted his arm up, that's on goal if it doesn't hit his arm.

Referees tell the players about avoiding that at nearly every free kick at this level and at this distance.

Try jumping without instinctively lifting your arms. You just cannot get the height or leverage without doing so otherwise it's just a bunch of people po-going not very well whilst holding onto their nads.

Free Kicks etc awarded were always on the basis of intent and as that's debatable it feels to me they've removed intent out of it.
Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 09:29 - Dec 15 with 2089 viewstimcocking

Couldn't care less.
Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 15:12 - Dec 15 with 2008 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 14:41 - Dec 14 by Juzzie

Try jumping without instinctively lifting your arms. You just cannot get the height or leverage without doing so otherwise it's just a bunch of people po-going not very well whilst holding onto their nads.

Free Kicks etc awarded were always on the basis of intent and as that's debatable it feels to me they've removed intent out of it.

Good post Juzzie remember Man Utd V PSG last year when Rushford blasted the ball against the wall where a PSG player jumped spun around to protect his face/family jewels and the ball struck his arm.No way that was a penalty IMO but if that is the barometer then I can see why Fulham got done.Its a terrible rule I think but who is going to change it nobody I bet
Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 01:01 - Dec 20 with 1914 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Fulham got completely screwed against Newcastle IMO.The ref signaled for a penalty to Newcastle and gave the defender a straight red (he was on a yellow )for a tug outside the box .The Newcastle striker Wilson felt the pull then threw himself to the ground to inspire the ref who after checking it out on the screen gave it anyway .Wilson took it and scored a travesty I felt.
Later on Almiron fell clutching his face after getting an arm to the shoulder area drawing a yellow .They appear to be cheating dogs and getting away scott free
Login to get fewer ads

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 15:16 - Dec 20 with 1817 viewsPinnerPaul

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 01:01 - Dec 20 by CLAREMAN1995

Fulham got completely screwed against Newcastle IMO.The ref signaled for a penalty to Newcastle and gave the defender a straight red (he was on a yellow )for a tug outside the box .The Newcastle striker Wilson felt the pull then threw himself to the ground to inspire the ref who after checking it out on the screen gave it anyway .Wilson took it and scored a travesty I felt.
Later on Almiron fell clutching his face after getting an arm to the shoulder area drawing a yellow .They appear to be cheating dogs and getting away scott free

Never a pen, but still a red, inside or outside the box as no attempt to play the ball.

As it was, in this case irrelevant really as already on a yellow in any case!
Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 15:22 - Dec 20 with 1804 viewsPinnerPaul

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 10:21 - Sep 14 by Konk

Well, that's the unbeaten record gone, then. It had to go sometime, and now that monkey's off our back, we can just concentrate on trying to win the remaining games. It's all to play for.

A back four that wasn't great in the Championship wasn't filling me with too much confidence before the game, but I think Parker was right to stick with that defence rather than rush in players who've signed a couple of days before the game. It did rather starkly demonstrate that we need at least one, and preferably two really decent CBs in before the window shuts. Once my new favourite player that I've never seen before, Kenny Tete, is in the side, we will be unbeatable, though.

As for Parker's comments - I don't really have a problem with that - just being brutally honest, and I'm sure the players have figured it out themselves. We weren't a very good side last season, so, depressing as it is, I think the club would see 17th place this year as a decent achievement. Three cheers for modern football.

FULFORCE - Yeah, I'm not really sure what that's all about. I think our marketing team might be FULOFSHITIDEAS.

I was impressed with your man's comments re the pen and VAR.

Said that pre VAR if it had been given, he wouldn't have agreed but wouldn't have had a 'problem' with it - one look at speed, very close to edge of pen area - it happens.

BUT to have access to a video replay and THEN to give it made him mad - well to be fair to him - bemused.

As he said, VAR has made the game worse, not better.

Well said that man!
Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 09:08 - Dec 23 with 1685 viewsKonk

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 15:16 - Dec 20 by PinnerPaul

Never a pen, but still a red, inside or outside the box as no attempt to play the ball.

As it was, in this case irrelevant really as already on a yellow in any case!

The red card has been rescinded after a successful appeal. If Andersen had been booked, it would have been a second yellow, and he’d now have a suspension to come. As it is, no suspension now as he got a straight red. Given everyone seems to hate VAR as it functions at the moment, surely the whole thing has to be drastically rethought? It really is a bag of wa nk.

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 11:26 - Dec 23 with 1610 viewsPinnerPaul

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 09:08 - Dec 23 by Konk

The red card has been rescinded after a successful appeal. If Andersen had been booked, it would have been a second yellow, and he’d now have a suspension to come. As it is, no suspension now as he got a straight red. Given everyone seems to hate VAR as it functions at the moment, surely the whole thing has to be drastically rethought? It really is a bag of wa nk.

No idea why the red has been rescinded.

In effect they are saying that the pen decision was correct and the SLIGHT contact on the ankle was a 'genuine attempt to play the ball" - both highly debateable in my opinion.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2020 11:26]
Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 12:44 - Dec 23 with 1572 viewsterryb

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 11:26 - Dec 23 by PinnerPaul

No idea why the red has been rescinded.

In effect they are saying that the pen decision was correct and the SLIGHT contact on the ankle was a 'genuine attempt to play the ball" - both highly debateable in my opinion.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2020 11:26]

It was probably rescinded as Fulham had a defender close enough to stop it being a cast iron goal scoringh opportunity.
Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 13:09 - Dec 23 with 1546 viewsPinnerPaul

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 12:44 - Dec 23 by terryb

It was probably rescinded as Fulham had a defender close enough to stop it being a cast iron goal scoringh opportunity.

Well that must be the reason, but can't remember that being the case.
Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 13:32 - Dec 23 with 1527 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 13:09 - Dec 23 by PinnerPaul

Well that must be the reason, but can't remember that being the case.

There was another coming across I believe but I cant find the clip now .It was a second yellow for sure but not a straight red and not a penalty for sure
Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 15:02 - Jan 12 with 1420 viewsKonk

21 years ago today. 2nd tier Fulham 2-0 up at Leicester in the Quarter-finals of the League cup, and Frank Sinclair having a 'mare right in front of us. Happy days. Game ended-up 3-3 after AET and went to penalties. See if you can guess what happened next.

Quietest journey home from a game ever. Gutted. Still gutted.

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 16:00 - Jan 12 with 1371 viewstoboboly

Cup run currently

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 07:57 - Jan 13 with 1311 viewsdenhamhoop2

Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 15:02 - Jan 12 by Konk

21 years ago today. 2nd tier Fulham 2-0 up at Leicester in the Quarter-finals of the League cup, and Frank Sinclair having a 'mare right in front of us. Happy days. Game ended-up 3-3 after AET and went to penalties. See if you can guess what happened next.

Quietest journey home from a game ever. Gutted. Still gutted.

Peggy Arphexad the keeper with more medals than games for Liverpool
Fulham FC 2020/21 - The Untoppables? on 11:36 - Mar 21 with 1046 views2Thomas2Bowles

Newcastle doing their best to save Fulham

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024