Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Comparison 07:49 - Jan 11 with 1946 views1907

Can one of you statisticians do me a favour & work out how we compare at this point this season in comparison with last season? Really interested to see how our record compares in terms of league position, goals scored & goals conceded?

Feel like we’ve scored a lot more goals this time around, even with a certain striker departing in the summer & some people going on like we’d never score a goal again.

Thanks in advance.
Comparison on 09:08 - Jan 11 with 1883 viewsAtThePeake

19/20: P19, W5 D4 L10 F21 A33 GD-12 Pts19

20/21: P19 W5 D5 L9 F26 A33 GD-7 Pts20

Tangled up in blue.

Comparison on 10:02 - Jan 11 with 1840 viewsDaleiLama

Comparison on 09:08 - Jan 11 by AtThePeake

19/20: P19, W5 D4 L10 F21 A33 GD-12 Pts19

20/21: P19 W5 D5 L9 F26 A33 GD-7 Pts20

Quite striking (no pun intended) that we are at the same clip as last season on goals conceded at nearly 2 a game on average. Knowing how easily we concede and how easily we can be pressed, it's no surprise at all why teams come in to the COA thinking and playing like they feel like they can come away with three points and the majority do.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Comparison on 11:16 - Jan 11 with 1733 viewsTVOS1907

Our 19th game last season was the 3-0 home loss to Portsmouth on 23rd November.

We were 16th in the table with the record P19, W5, D4, L10, F21, A33, Pts 19

Currently we are 21st with the record P19, W5, D5, L9, F26, A33, Pts 20

So, five places lower, one point more, 5 goals for more and the same against

Problem is that this season, the league is so skewed due to teams having played varying numbers of games, that it's very difficult to make any meaningful comparisons.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Comparison on 12:43 - Jan 11 with 1668 viewsjonahwhereru

Very interesting. Before I saw this comparison I held the opinion the squad was stronger last year than this, and I still do when I look at in’s v outs.
So I conclude that this squad and the management have managed the changes well. Truely believe that with time playing together the front two can deliver, and if McShane and McLaughlin can be available for 15 games a piece we will improve into a decent squad. Having said that we need a couple of more experienced heads bought in during the window to give us more depth.
Comparison on 19:11 - Jan 11 with 1486 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Comparison on 11:16 - Jan 11 by TVOS1907

Our 19th game last season was the 3-0 home loss to Portsmouth on 23rd November.

We were 16th in the table with the record P19, W5, D4, L10, F21, A33, Pts 19

Currently we are 21st with the record P19, W5, D5, L9, F26, A33, Pts 20

So, five places lower, one point more, 5 goals for more and the same against

Problem is that this season, the league is so skewed due to teams having played varying numbers of games, that it's very difficult to make any meaningful comparisons.

I guess you would have to add in FFCBFC, Bolton and Southend into that equation as well as they messed with overall standings massively.

Would be interesting to know if Lund has more goals at this stage than Henderson, not as a direct comparison obviously, but his goals (9 I think) have been absolutely vital so far, especially with 3 new forwards bedding in.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Comparison on 19:42 - Jan 11 with 1451 viewsTVOS1907

Comparison on 19:11 - Jan 11 by Thacks_Rabbits

I guess you would have to add in FFCBFC, Bolton and Southend into that equation as well as they messed with overall standings massively.

Would be interesting to know if Lund has more goals at this stage than Henderson, not as a direct comparison obviously, but his goals (9 I think) have been absolutely vital so far, especially with 3 new forwards bedding in.

Henderson had 10 goals at the same stage last season.

What is interesting is that after Saturday, Matty Lund (32) has now scored more goals for Dale than Matt Done (31).

Comparison on 20:37 - Jan 11 with 1397 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Comparison on 19:42 - Jan 11 by TVOS1907

Henderson had 10 goals at the same stage last season.

What is interesting is that after Saturday, Matty Lund (32) has now scored more goals for Dale than Matt Done (31).

Thanks Tvos.

Very interesting he has outscored done, in I assume far less appearances.

I suppose Done could argue he got played all over, but Lund has been a revelation since he came back (I had my doubts but glad to be proved wrong)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Comparison on 21:38 - Jan 11 with 1351 viewsTVOS1907

Comparison on 20:37 - Jan 11 by Thacks_Rabbits

Thanks Tvos.

Very interesting he has outscored done, in I assume far less appearances.

I suppose Done could argue he got played all over, but Lund has been a revelation since he came back (I had my doubts but glad to be proved wrong)

Done 261 (including lots as a sub)
Lund 156

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024